all of a sudden my keyboard light isnt coming on. I did a wipe and fresh install of the os qnd nothing, anyone know how to fix this? By the way im on att stock os.
    12-12-11 10:29 AM
    do a battery pull or just press alt shift del, that should solve the problem
    12-12-11 01:29 PM
    do a battery pull or just press alt shift del, that should solve the problem
    OP already said he reloaded the OS, which includes resetting the device as part of the process. If that didn't work, a battery pull won't either.
    12-12-11 01:39 PM
    I just returned my new (1 day old, non-refurbished) 9900. The keyboard light would not light up, right out of the box. This phone had been a replacement for the first 9900 i had ordered before, which also had to be returned (after 1 day of receiving it) for a physical defect right out of the box. My 2nd replacement is being delivered today and hopefully nothing is wrong wit this one.

my suggestion: return it for a new one. A "high end" device failing is not acceptable.
    12-12-11 04:14 PM
    Take it back and exchange it while you still can.
    12-12-11 04:40 PM
    Thanks for the replies. I went back to the Att Device Center and they're gonna send me a new 9900. First time I've had a hardware issue with a Blackberry.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-13-11 04:29 AM
    always check/ inspect you device thoroughly before start using it.
    12-13-11 04:38 AM
    Well i wish you the best with your new device and hope that everything will be fine with it.
    12-13-11 04:44 AM
    I found this happening on mine as well until I realized it totally depends on the ambient light (well, at least for me). In daylight or in a well-lit apartment, the keypad backlight does not kick in, however as soon as there is a certain level of darkness (for lack of a better description), it does work.

My complaint with the 9900's backlight is that it isn't bright - compared to the 9380, the 9780, or others that I've had over the years. It's faint, in fact. I wish there were a way to adjust the backlighting brightness.
    12-13-11 09:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD