Hi, I just recently upgraded to a Bold 9900 from a Storm 2 (which died on me and I hardly used it for browsing as the browser wasn't very good). The browser is much better on the Bold 9900, but some sites I want to use like News.com.au | News Online from Australia and the World | NewsComAu or Sydney Morning Herald - Business & World News Australia | smh.com.au or Live Cricket Scores | Cricket news, statistics | ESPN Cricinfo seem to default to the mobile versions of the site. I would like to view the normal versions of the site, and some of these don't have the link to the normal version.

Anyone know of any settings that I can do to default to the original website? or is there another browser app that I can use that will allow me to do this? I tried Opera and that doesn't work either?
    12-11-11 10:29 PM
    Anyone else have this issue?
    12-12-11 07:56 AM
    It's not a browser setting. The sites in question read the 9900's user agent (essentially the browsers identification), which they determines as "mobile" and then delivers a mobile optimized version of their site.

There is no way to force to the desktop version unless you bookmark the desktop URL and go there directly.
    aardvarkgeo likes this.
    12-12-11 08:56 AM
    On OS 5 you could set the browser to Firefox or some other setting besides BlackBerry that would basically hide the fact that you were using a mobile device to browse the web & websites would open in their full versions instead of the mobile versions.

I haven't used this function since I've had my 9930 & a quick check in the browser options doesn't show any way to change it. I wonder if they did away with this or if the setting is just somewhere else?
    aardvarkgeo likes this.
    12-12-11 09:14 AM
    The only alternative is if the website has a Default View somewhere on their page. Or view Full Site.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-12-11 09:21 AM
    I wonder if they did away with this or if the setting is just somewhere else?
    That feature was removed when the webkit browser was introduced in OS6.
    12-12-11 09:26 AM
    OP.. You can try Bolt browser as an alternative.. Hope that will help.
    12-12-11 09:48 AM
    OP.. You can try Bolt browser as an alternative.. Hope that will help.
    Bad timing....
    http://crackberry.com/bolt-browser-discontinued
    12-12-11 12:44 PM
    All of your sites except the first one listed have an option at the bottom for full/standard site. They work in my browser.
    12-12-11 01:27 PM
    Thanks - looks like I will have to wait for an update or a third-party app/browser that will help.
    12-12-11 07:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD