I had a White Bold 9900 sent by Vodafone because they had no stock of the Black one and I used it for a day and found App World to be much better on the white one (and it looked slightly different) than on the Bold 9900 Black.

I went to the Vodafone shop yesterday and exchanged the White one for the Black one, something I'm starting to regret.

Also I noticed when installing apps on the white one it didn't want to reboot every single time I installed an app, also the list of older apps I used to have installed looked more polished/different on the white 9900, but now when I go to My World I have to click Uninstalled in the dropdown box then select to reinstall apps I used to have installed on my old torch 9800, something I didn't have to/can't remember having to do on the white one as it seemed easier/more polished as I say.

Anyone else noticed any of the above?

As I noticed they released the white one a month or two after the black one so maybe they tweaked it more to make it seem a smoother experience??
    12-11-11 09:19 AM
    did you check the software version? probably the sw version of the white is higher than the one in the black.
    also, the app world versions might be different.
    12-11-11 09:22 AM
    probably the white one had a newer OS on it as white was launched recently. Upgrade your OS, that ought to do the trick for your Black BB 9900
    12-11-11 09:24 AM
    That has nothing to do with the phone colour... just that the white 9900 was running an older version of App World than the black one.

What OS did the white one have installed, compared to the black one?
    12-11-11 09:25 AM
    The OS version was the same in both it was the latest 'official' version Vodafone UK certified, although not the latest version available.

It was version 7.0.0.296, the one below,

Package Version: 7.0.0.1465
    Consisting of:
    Applications: 7.0.0.296
    Software Platform: 5.0.0.496
    File name: 9900AllLang_PBr7.0.0_rel1465_PL5.0.0.496_A7.0.0.29 6_Vodafone_UK.exe

I've upgraded the OS for the black one though to 540.

I seem to recall a BlackBerry ID icon as well? Unless I'm mistaken?
    Last edited by Duker5; 12-11-11 at 09:30 AM.
    12-11-11 09:26 AM

Anyone know the answer to this? Please
    12-12-11 01:49 AM

Anyone know the answer to this? Please
    You're mistaken.
    12-12-11 06:16 AM
    And some apps don't require you to reboot only certain ones and like previously stated probably newer version of OS

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-12-11 06:27 AM
    And like previously stated probably newer version of OS

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Thanks for your input but read the whole thread!! As previously stated I posted the below as the 5th post on this topic, so no it wasn't a newer version of the OS...

The OS version was the same in both it was the latest 'official' version Vodafone UK certified, although not the latest version available.
    So it was the same OS version on the white and the black one. No deviation between the 2. Exact same version numbers etc.
    12-12-11 10:15 PM
    Actually the White one could be a better phone than the Black one, because RIM stated that there some kind of defect within the circuit boards back at launch(maybe a result of why the 9900/9930 were bricking on its own). So maybe if there were individuals could compare the two by taking apart the whole phones, and actually see if there is any hardware difference??
    12-13-11 12:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD