I may have misspoken when I said I didn't need any stinkin' apps, but the truth of the matter is that there are several that I downloaded on my iPhone's that I would like to see for the Playbook.

It's no secret that Apple hires, fires, re-hires, and fires again many of the app developers for a variety of reasons, and I am quite sure some of these experts could be persuaded to develop for RIM.

Anyway, here's one of my apps, and if you all will, submit one or just two apps that you have purchased or acquired for free from the Apple store that you would like to see for the Playbook.

Camera+ by tap, tap, tap Superior photo editor tap tap tap ~ tasty bits for your iPhone
    12-10-11 12:49 PM
    airvideo. nothing we have comes close. it would make my life complete if we had a port. the server apps already run on windowz and mac so...

o how i would love me some airvideo, for now i use my sons ipad when hes asleep. but i would like to use my playbook for the better speakers.

and skype.
    12-10-11 01:09 PM
    air video
    slingplayer
    netflix
    dropbox
    tune-in radio
    winamp

that'd be all
    Lampoon likes this.
    12-10-11 01:25 PM
    native teamviewer, pandora/iheartradio, airvideo, instagram...theres more but this for now off the top of my head

oh and some SBsettings like UI would be awesome. (for more settings and such)
    Lampoon likes this.
    12-10-11 01:40 PM
    kindle and Sunday Times reader.
    On the other hand, I have them on my iPad.
    Last edited by jamesbondOO7; 12-10-11 at 01:44 PM.
    12-10-11 01:42 PM
    netflix and any "working" pop3 email program would make me very happy.
    12-10-11 02:44 PM
    Diner Dash
    12-10-11 02:47 PM
    infinity blade
    infinity blade 2
    Farmville
    Words with friends
    NBA Jam
    Google+
    X-Men
    Scrabble
    Zombieville
    Dropbox

Just to name a few. I hope we see some of them soon
    12-10-11 02:53 PM
    RDP client
    netflix
    hulu
    airvideo would be nice
    dropbox
    kindle
    google talk
    words with friends
    angry birds
    firefox
    ibird
    logmein
    pandora
    tapatalk
    ianatomy
    iradiology
    oh yeah calendar, contacts native email would be nice
    12-10-11 02:55 PM
    Neflix
    Remote
    360 Live
    Tivo
    Demote
    Email
    Directv
    Camera+
    imessage but BBM

thats my SHORT wishlist
    Last edited by tekki; 12-10-11 at 03:06 PM.
    12-10-11 03:03 PM
    Photosynth
    12-10-11 03:07 PM
    Some of above requests are already working on OS2 now thanks to you CB techies!

Thank you. They prove OS2 will work!
    12-10-11 03:35 PM
    We need those fart apps.
    12-10-11 04:00 PM
    We need those fart apps.
    Thank you Howard Stern.
    12-10-11 04:02 PM
    Clean My House

I'm sure they have an app for that somewhere?
    sidim likes this.
    12-10-11 04:04 PM
    Well besides the ones to be believed to be coming in OS 2.0, I'd steal these from the App Store (no particular order).

APPS: 1.) Kindle.
    Amazon MP3 Store.
    3.) Hulu.
    4.) IMovie (or something similar).
    5.) Photostudio.
    360 Panorama.
    (other photo apps)
    7.) Siri
    8.) OnLive.
    9.) Skype (or something of this crossplatform).

GAMES: 1.) Plants vs Zombies.
    2.) Shadowgun.
    3.) Words with Friends.
    4.) Infinity Blade 2.
    5.) Cut the Rope.
    Contre Jour HD
    6.) GodFinger All Star
    (all games around these nature).
    7.) (never did research on it, but a good RGP)
    8.) Zen Bound 2

ANDROID MARKET (Apple doesn't have all this yet): 1.) Adobe Touch (Family) apps.

If only...

EDIT NOTES:
    We need those fart apps.
    It's better to have and not need, then to need and not have.
    Last edited by Venichie; 12-10-11 at 05:13 PM.
    12-10-11 04:41 PM
    What are the ones believed to be coming with OS 2? Besides PIM.
    12-10-11 05:26 PM
    android player will solve some of the app problems listed below. SOME not ALL.
    12-10-11 05:48 PM
    Webex
    Cisco Jabber
    Google Maps
    Kindle
    Tapatalk
    12-10-11 05:59 PM
    As a new playbook owner i would one day like to be able to purchase an app. I have had numerous ongoing interaction with rim/blackberry support. They are unable to find a solution.....they feel the situation will be resolved with the version 2.0 upgrade coming in February. Quite annoying. Expected better. Any connection between this kind of situation and their stock price(s)...... Apple would have fixed this fast.
    12-10-11 06:09 PM
    One of those apps you can take notes on (one or 2 of the good ones), Wolfram Alpha, and Real Racing
    12-10-11 06:19 PM
    I am surprised that there are not any golfers in the group. I have an app on my iPod, I think it also is available on the iPad, that is just great for practicing golf. The app is iSwing. For $2.99 it is a great app. If you want the full Monte, you can pay an additional $3.99 for Adam Scott's swing. But then, if you are not a golfer, don't even look at it.
    bquinney likes this.
    12-10-11 06:20 PM
    I may have misspoken when I said I didn't need any stinkin' apps, but the truth of the matter is that there are several that I downloaded on my iPhone's that I would like to see for the Playbook.

It's no secret that Apple hires, fires, re-hires, and fires again many of the app developers for a variety of reasons, and I am quite sure some of these experts could be persuaded to develop for RIM.

Anyway, here's one of my apps, and if you all will, submit one or just two apps that you have purchased or acquired for free from the Apple store that you would like to see for the Playbook.

Camera+ by tap, tap, tap Superior photo editor tap tap tap ~ tasty bits for your iPhone
    skype ,hulu and netflix
    12-10-11 06:28 PM
    I am surprised that there are not any golfers in the group. I have an app on my iPod, I think it also is available on the iPad, that is just great for practicing golf. The app is iSwing. For $2.99 it is a great app. If you want the full Monte, you can pay an additional $3.99 for Adam Scott's swing. But then, if you are not a golfer, don't even look at it.
    That's because most of us can't afford to play golf seriously... but does it help out Miniature golfers? lol
    12-10-11 06:31 PM
    Trainyard is a interesting puzzle game that would be fun to have on the PB
    12-10-11 08:40 PM
81 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD