Hello,
    I live in Bermuda and on the CellularOne network. I just bought a 9900 from them and they have 4G up and running now but they say that the 9900 is not 4G capable. If I go to the about screen it says 3G bands 1,2,5,6. No H+ or 4G. But I have read a bit about this issue and I'm not sure if its true but is it true that if your carrier sends you the correct service books for 4G then it will work? I do not believe that it is an OS thing but if it is let me know.
    If anyone has any information about this can you please inform me.
    Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-10-11 09:48 AM
    The 9900 is an HSPA+ compatible device. If your carrier supports H+ speeds, that's what you'll get... nothing more.

Only certain North American 9900's show H+/4G, the rest of them just show 3G.
    12-10-11 09:55 AM
    But I've also heard that HSPA+ is techically 4g I heard it just carriers saying its 4g its not true 4g.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-10-11 12:39 PM
    Hspa+ is 4g simply because it provides speeds in 4g range, some argue its not "true" 4g because its not LTE(long term evolution) capable, but in reality the realistic speeds can be around the same. Speed wise hspa+ and lte are both 4g with lte being technologicly superior, but still in its infancy.
    12-10-11 02:01 PM
    That's right.. 4G class is LTE, but you get the same speeds with H+ using other bands.
    12-10-11 03:06 PM
    What I learned from my friends who have the exact same phone in UK is that H+ and so called 4G in Canada is SLOWER than 3G in UK... so much for stupid marketing in North America. Why can't this considered as fraud by our government?
    12-10-11 03:15 PM
    I don't know much...but this is my screen.
    12-10-11 08:28 PM
    At least Mobilicity and Windmobile use honest advertising. 3G, 3.5G is the same, there isn't 4G. You could call it H+ (3GH+ if you want too).
    12-10-11 08:34 PM
    Also..if your roaming, you won't get H+.

My sim card is over 10 years old with fido and roams on rogers. Althought fido uses rogers towers because rogers owns fido, my sim card doesn't recognize rogers and fido is on the same network so hence why my bb shows roaming on rogers. Fido and rogers use to be two separate companies.

Having said that, I could only get 3G when roaming on rogers.

I just got a brand new sim card and the new sim card does recognize fido as using the same towers as roger so its not showing roaming anymore. My speed ny shows H+ as well.
    12-10-11 08:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD