Just got my PB this morning! I'm trying to purchase a few apps from App World. I keep getting the following message when trying to purchase with Credit Card. (I know there is available credit )

There is a problem with your credit card authorization. Please try again.Error id: 1000). And when I try purchasing using PayPal I get Problem encountered with PayPal authorization (Error:5300)

Anyone else having issues?
    12-10-11 09:45 AM
    Where are you located? I've never had a problem but always used paypal. Maybe hit up support.
    thelighthouse2 likes this.
    12-10-11 09:48 AM
    Im in Northern California ... I will try to contact support - sadly I have to put my PB away and go to work now. I'm loving it so far....if I could just buy some apps I will be in love!
    12-10-11 09:52 AM
    I also have the same problem, don't know where to complaint. must be something to do with rim since i can buy others using cc/paypal. any idea?
    12-10-11 09:56 AM
    and yes, i read other post and rim. only that it won't go through
    12-10-11 10:01 AM
    Im in Northern California ... I will try to contact support - sadly I have to put my PB away and go to work now. I'm loving it so far....if I could just buy some apps I will be in love!
    When you put in your paypal credentials you didn't happen to use your bb ID email and password did you?

azrin, where from?
    12-10-11 10:15 AM
    When you put in your paypal credentials you didn't happen to use your bb ID email and password did you?

azrin, where from?
    No, i used my paypal account and password. this is very frustrating!
    12-10-11 02:33 PM
    Hope support can help you. I asked because some used the same email and password for their ID when they needed to put in their paypal email and password.

Good luck.
    12-10-11 02:36 PM
    hey OP try this:

when you click buy, and the pop up that gives you a price summary and lets you confirm payment, look at the payment type and there should be a link to change payment type. click it and re-enter credentials and it should work.

with paypal, it was giving a similar error and doing this prompted to re-enter paypal login. maybe with cc its the same
    12-10-11 03:15 PM
    hey OP try this:

when you click buy, and the pop up that gives you a price summary and lets you confirm payment, look at the payment type and there should be a link to change payment type. click it and re-enter credentials and it should work.

with paypal, it was giving a similar error and doing this prompted to re-enter paypal login. maybe with cc its the same
    I have tried this many times, using different credit cards and even used a different paypal, still no luck. I'm so sad because I can't buy any apps.
    12-11-11 07:19 AM
    You may want to try setting up the PayPal via the Appworld web site from a PC.

In addition, the initial setup of paypal creates a preapproved charge authorization and until you confirm this authorization, the charges will not go through. This preapproved charge authorization is only good for a year and then you need to renew it. I had my appworld purchases fail and the problem was it had been just over a year since I authorized Appworld for use with phone apps.

If you setup the Paypal charge properly, you should get an email from Paypal similar to email I received below.

You've signed up for preapproved payments plan with Research In Motion .

To view the details, log in on the PayPal homepage, go to your Profile, and click Preapproved Payments. Then click Research In Motion:PA-XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX.

Thanks,
    PayPal
    Last edited by robsteve; 12-11-11 at 09:02 AM.
    12-11-11 08:55 AM
    I have had this problem since getting PB 3 weeks ago and have had numerous conversations with BB supoort.......and they can't resolve it. They hope this error 10000 will be resolved with o/s ver 2.0 in Feb. i am in canada. i can' t buy any apps but the free ones come down fine.
    12-11-11 01:38 PM
    You may want to try setting up the PayPal via the Appworld web site from a PC.

In addition, the initial setup of paypal creates a preapproved charge authorization and until you confirm this authorization, the charges will not go through. This preapproved charge authorization is only good for a year and then you need to renew it. I had my appworld purchases fail and the problem was it had been just over a year since I authorized Appworld for use with phone apps.

If you setup the Paypal charge properly, you should get an email from Paypal similar to email I received below.

You've signed up for preapproved payments plan with Research In Motion .

To view the details, log in on the PayPal homepage, go to your Profile, and click Preapproved Payments. Then click Research In Motion:PA-XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX.

Thanks,
    PayPal
    I'm going to try doing what you suggested. But I did receive that e-mail everytime i try purchasing an app then I would get the error.
    12-11-11 05:29 PM
    To fix pre-approved payments (I think it suspends them temporarily), you need to 'change your pin' but its not very clear on what pin or how to change :/
    12-11-11 06:53 PM
    To fix pre-approved payments (I think it suspends them temporarily), you need to 'change your pin' but its not very clear on what pin or how to change :/
    Oh that is interesting - anybody have any input on this on how and what to change?
    12-11-11 06:56 PM
    maybe try to change your appworld password from web on a laptop/desktop whatever
    12-11-11 11:09 PM
    maybe try to change your appworld password from web on a laptop/desktop whatever
    Nope .... this didn't work either. I changed my password, updated my credit card and paypal at appworld website on computer. Still can't purchase apps.
    12-12-11 07:08 AM
    Nope .... this didn't work either. I changed my password, updated my credit card and paypal at appworld website on computer. Still can't purchase apps.
    Call RIM's helpfull tech reps, their phone lines are not as busy as customer service, and they will make sure you connect with someone to solve your problem if they can't do it themselves.
    12-12-11 07:13 AM
    Call RIM's helpfull tech reps, their phone lines are not as busy as customer service, and they will make sure you connect with someone to solve your problem if they can't do it themselves.
    I will give it a try - thank you .... anybody have a phone number to RIM's helpful tech reps?
    12-12-11 07:21 AM
    1-877-644-8410
    12-12-11 07:57 AM
    I had the same problem when I got my first PB. Solved it by going to the blackberry.com site and signing into my BBID account. There I was able to select payment method. I selected Paypal, and have never had a problem since.
    12-12-11 10:17 AM
    I had some problems purchasing my first app using paypal. But after a few tries it seemed to work fine. Not sure why it wasn't working at first.
    12-12-11 10:24 AM
    Had same issue and am from Canada. Spent a lot of time on it with RIM support. Apparently the issue is with a "service provider". Background here, plus what I was forced to do to fix the problem :

http://forums.crackberry.com/general...chases-675918/

- R.
    12-12-11 11:15 AM
    As you suggested, I called RIM's tech reps - they are really helpful and nice. They decided that it's a security issue because I have same problem buying apps on my phone when using a credit card. I had to end the call as I had to go to work, but got a case number and will call back soon. I was told that I will need to create a new Blackberry ID and do a secuity wipe. They will guide me through all this when I call back. I will report if it solves the issue.
    12-12-11 08:31 PM
    Yes, Digital River may be the cause for some of these transactions not going through.
    12-12-11 08:55 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD