So as the torch has been out for a few months now, all of us probably have bonded with our pocket friend. As the new "car" smell wears off, its easy for us to get "hindsight" so to speak, or to lose our appreciation for what we have stale because the lastest in greatest is coming out, especially with ICS or the lastest BBOS10 devices leaked. None of this however makes what we have any worse just because those are coming. So what has wowed you about your torch 9810 recently? RIM maybe not be trumpeting app selection or cpu core armies these days, but RIM is the king of subtle details.

What has wowed me recently was last weekend I decorating the house and Christmas tree, and since im rocking my spotify on BB, I decided to make a holiday playlists on spotify and then play it when doing the inside of the house. You know, need that holiday spirit after all. I was wowed by how amazing the speakers are on the torch 9810! It was loud, crisp, clean, and better than what you could ever expect (heck I think they are even better than what I've heard on the shoddy iMac's built in ). I remember before Isold my itouch i always had the complaint of it not producing loud and in-depth sound My palm pre and the samsung focus i had much of same with the addition of several other dissatisfaction issues to pile on, so i really didn't have any expectations when I pressed the play button...but i was blown away (and finally got myself into the christmas spirit too!) All I could say is RIM got er done! (as far as transceeding beyond giving the world the first praiseworthy phone speaker)

So what has wowed you about your torch recently?
    12-09-11 10:52 PM
    After I took back that crappy phone called SGSII and got a Torch, I realized wow, I don't suck at touch screen keyboard and that the Torch's screen keyboard is really good and auto correct is really good--so much better than what Android had.

It's very true that RIM is the king of subtle details.
    12-09-11 11:29 PM
    Not sure anything has "wowed" me about the device.
    What I have decided/discovered is my torch is just a stand up, no F around working machine. Whats surprised me the most is the virtual (landscape) keypad. It's pretty freakin awesome, IMHO.....I don't really use the slider keyboard anymore.
    The virtual is way faster, I'm really liking the way RIM does predictive txt and mistakes are easier to correct.
    Keypad shortcuts don't exist but I think it's a fair trade off.
    I, for one, am looking forward to the BB10 devices......I'm thinking the London if its not too huge.

Wait, I take that back......one thing that has WOWed me is the camera...for a phone (regardless of mp) it really delivers awesome pix!!!!
    Last edited by berryjunkie; 12-10-11 at 08:25 AM.
    12-10-11 08:23 AM
    Recently on a family get together I forgot my normal cannon camera(wife wasn't pleased), so I got out my 9810 and started snapping pics like I normally would. When I got home and uploaded them to my PC I and she were very pleasantly surprised at how crisp and clean they were. Think I'll leave my cannon home more often now.

Also with the recent leak of 7.1, the speed of mobile hotspot. So much better then using the browser on bridge.
    12-10-11 09:00 AM
    Lots of things have "wowed" me since my 9810 purchase (on release day.).

The browser is so much more user friendly and functional than my prior BBs. In fact, I looked at my past 12 months of data usage and it was confirmed. Since I bought the 9810, my data usage has grown considerably. I find myself using my laptop (and Playbook) less and less as a result.

The HD video camera is solid too. Lots of fun! Here's a recent video:

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGkFz7bdA4c&feature=colike[/YT]
    12-10-11 09:12 AM
    Nice to see an American "soccer" game! Is a rare insight. Thank you! looks like a majorly energetic match also.

My Torch has been a solid workhorse since I got it. Hasn't let me down yet. Both the physical and virtual keyboards are stellar.
    12-10-11 09:56 AM
    The speed! My last berry was the 8320 and 3 years later.... This thing is awesome! Adding hot spot would make this my superphone, no need to wait for bbx!
    12-10-11 10:28 AM
    This may not count toward what the OP meant, but the 9810 plus the Playbook32 has been awesome. I traveled for an inspect all day yesterday and had the PB bridged to my Torch. After leaving both on for nearly 12 hrs, neither battery life dropped below 60%. Getting tired of the RIM haters on these forums when I have never been so excited as to have these two devices working together. Thanks RIM for two unbelievably cool products working together. No thanks to ATT for making it difficult to bridge, tho.
    12-10-11 11:43 AM
    What really impresses me is the Bluetooth radio in the 9810. Last night I left my 9810 upstairs in the 2nd floor bedroom while I took the PB down to the basement for a treadmill workout. The 9810 remained bridged through two floors the entire time, with negligible battery consumption!

I also have the 9810 paired with my cordless phone base station to act as a second line. The 9810 remains linked with the cordless base station even from the BB charging dock on my nightstand, through a floor and two walls! My old 8220 would start to fade at 10' line-of-sight.
    jcbrunson likes this.
    12-10-11 04:29 PM
    Coming for 9700, OS7 has wowed me! I played with OS6 on my wife 9780 before but was not that impressed. Overall, it is all about significant performance improvements and I love this larger screen real estate ☺.
    12-10-11 05:40 PM
    My first BB was the 8310. I've been through that and the 9000, 9700, 9800 and now the 9910 (also used the pearl, 9900 and 9860).

Bbos7 is where Os6 should have been in my opinion. The browser is snappy, I can still multi-task to my hearts content, and I rarely have to reboot to keep things running.

I like the best of both worlds with my 9810. I use the touch screen the most (typing and navigating), but I like the keyboard for all of the shortcuts. I tried doing some of the same stuff on my wife's 9860 and it took me a lot longer because there were no shortcuts.

I have been very pleased with this phone. It works the way I want and need it to. Cannot argue that.
    12-11-11 06:46 AM
    I've noticed that longtime BBOS users seem to be blackberry burned out a bit, or just "content". Really websites like BGR that say using BBOS is "like walking on shards" are full of crap, i've used both IOS and WebOS and for a week WP7 (and seen andriod in action *cough* battery pulls every 10 mins Samsung Galaxy S and draining batteries on HTC*) Really despite lacking apps and any 3D game support (other than need for speed) BBOS 7 is a phenomenal full-featured mature OS thathas not been given the credit due. I wouldn't trade up for anything else except BBX
    12-11-11 10:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD