Justin, I have installed the new version, but I am not able to download my clubs. I have them checked off on the website (including the distances filled in), but when I got to golf clubs/ download clubs, I don't get any clubs. I used to store them locally, but I am set to use TCPIP now. Not sure what I might be doing wrong?

Thanks, Bob!

(PS I have been using this app for several years and it is the best! I love it. Thanks for new update, Justin!)
    12-09-11 05:19 PM
    You have to download the clubs to the phone first and then they will be available locally.

Go to options>Connection Method: and switch to Direct TCP, then save changes. Now menu>view golf clubs, menu> download my clubs. Your clubs and distances will now download from the server to the phone.
    12-11-11 11:00 AM
    Thanks for the response!

Thats exactly what I did.

I am set for TCP in options.

It seems like the downloading of the clubs is not going through. When I click view clubs/ download clubs, the "please wait while I download your clubs" splash screen cones on, but it only stays on the screen for 2-3 seconds and no clubs as the screen is blank.

I also see when I go to the clubs page when I am logged into the website:

Clubs XML File does not exist
    Clubs Distance XML File does not exist

All the clubs and distances are filled out on the webpage, so I am not sure if something has gotten messed up?

I need the clubs downloaded as they are different than what I had in my local bbgps folder. BTW I do have the files in my bbgps folder on the device memory as well as the SD card, but I can't get them from there either. They are the old clubs/distances but they were better than nothing.

Thanks For any help!

Bob
    12-11-11 12:16 PM
    Also you have to make sure that your user name is filled out within the options. I pass the user name to the server to build the xml list. If you dont have your proper user name filled out within the options then it will not download (or downloaded someone else's club list. The password should not be required for this. But it should still be put into the options)

Also I would try to use the Public MDS for the TCP option. I like using it as then I dont need to fill out my APN details.)
    12-12-11 10:04 AM
    Thanks Justin. I did that, changed it to Public MDS and verified that I have the correct username and password in there and I do. I can download courses no problem, but I can't seem to get the clubs. Also last night I went to the OTA site and downloaded and re-installed the app on my blackberry, but that didn't help either.
    I am wondering if it is normal to see this message on the site where my clubs are listed:

Clubs XML File does not exist
    Clubs Distance XML File does not exist

I am not sure what else it could be?

Thanks, Bob
    12-12-11 10:46 AM
    After you reproduce the issue then go into the Logs within the BBGPSGolf app and send me the logs so I can double check everything.

Thanks,
    Justin
    12-12-11 11:43 AM
    Thanks justin, they were just emailed to your gmail acct.

Bob
    12-12-11 11:48 AM
    Justin,

That did the trick. The space in front of the username will do it. Thanks for your help.

Bob
    12-12-11 01:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD