Looks like one of my fellow Pennsylvanians file a class action suit against RIM and Globalware. Looks like we all might be getting what we paid for... a Playbook!

See the Class Action Complaint filed against RIM and Globalware on December 2
    http://www.courthousenews.com/2011/1...chinMotion.pdf
    Last edited by Willard814; 12-09-11 at 04:35 PM. Reason: Broken Link
    12-09-11 04:08 PM
    I get a 404 error on my PB, so I couldn't read the lawsuit.

I will say this, and people wonder whats wrong with this country. Not hard to figure out when we have dumba**es tying up much needed federal funds with stupid lawsuits such as this.
    12-09-11 04:19 PM
    the link is wacked as is all these lawsuits. Glad I dont wake up and wonder who Im gonna sue that day...
    Jake Storm likes this.
    12-09-11 04:31 PM
    @ homer1475 How do you know it's a stupid lawsuit if you didn't read it? The link to the lawsuit .pdf is now fixed.
    Last edited by Willard814; 12-09-11 at 04:36 PM.
    rawcpoppa likes this.
    12-09-11 04:33 PM
    I get a 404 error on my PB, so I couldn't read the lawsuit.

I will say this, and people wonder whats wrong with this country. Not hard to figure out when we have dumba**es tying up much needed federal funds with stupid lawsuits such as this.
    I agree with you totally. What do they expect, when that many ppl order something all at the same time thing will be slow and things will go wrong. They should have supported the PB right off the hop.
    12-09-11 04:33 PM
    it is stupid and here it is for you all to read if you want to waste 5 minutes of your life
    12-09-11 04:38 PM
    it is stupid and here it is for you all to read if you want to waste 5 minutes of your life
    I'm totally nuetral regarding the lawsuit, but let me ask why do you think it's stupid? I suspect they filed the lawsuit to possibly get RIM to right the ship on this PB shinanigans, which seems to me to be the only logical reason to file a lawsuit.
    12-09-11 04:45 PM
    they filled a lawsuit over a piece of electronics that was on sale for $199. how much tax payer money is going to pay costs of the lawsuit? There are better things to worry about in life
    12-09-11 04:47 PM
    Id understand suing if they charged all the orders but didnt deliver the product

but this is just stupid.

But hey, im canadian
    Willard814, jesse_h, CDM76 and 1 others like this.
    12-09-11 04:48 PM
    ,,,,and this is cause for you to celebrate with those smiley faces on your post? Frivilous and a monumental waste of time and resources. Neutral indeed.
    12-09-11 04:50 PM
    And i dont know how much crackberry forum posts will hold up in court lol
    BlackStormRising likes this.
    12-09-11 04:52 PM
    they filled a lawsuit over a piece of electronics that was on sale for $199. how much tax payer money is going to pay costs of the lawsuit? There are better things to worry about in life
    Should they win the lawsuit takes care of the legal fee and court cost, if not they have to pay the leagl fees and court cost. Tax payer doesn't foot the bill for small claims court.
    esqlaw likes this.
    12-09-11 04:57 PM
    ,,,,and this is cause for you to celebrate with those smiley faces on your post? Frivilous and a monumental waste of time and resources. Neutral indeed.
    The smiley faces are for my hopes of actually getting my PB, take it easy! I'm totally neutral and really don't care, just thought you guys would like to hear about it. With all that's been going on surround the PB fiasco! I hope is that the lawsuit would shake things up at RIM/Globalware to get their act together. I'm in no way happy or sad about the lawsuit.
    12-09-11 05:01 PM
    And i dont know how much crackberry forum posts will hold up in court lol
    Anything you post can and will be used against you in a court of law
    Willard814 likes this.
    12-09-11 05:01 PM
    Should they win the lawsuit takes care of the legal fee and court cost, if not they have to pay the leagl fees and court cost. Tax payer doesn't foot the bill for small claims court.
    Wrong Ace....those unnecessary costs will just be passed on to the taxpayer who make future purchases of goods and services from RIM.
    hackerguy likes this.
    12-09-11 05:02 PM
    One of the more frivolous suits I've read in recent times.

Who is the "class"? Is this guy just trying to drum up business for his lawyer friends or something?
    12-09-11 05:30 PM
    One more thing, I've never heard of a "class action" suit being heard in a Small Claims Court.
    Willard814 likes this.
    12-09-11 05:33 PM
    Isn't this a classic case of "bait and switch" - there's a reason why there are laws against such practices. Seems perfectly valid to me. But I'm a bleeding heart democrat
    FF22 and Willard814 like this.
    12-09-11 05:41 PM
    If you look at the attached documents, crackberry.com forums are included and some of you are quoted!
    Willard814 likes this.
    12-09-11 05:42 PM
    If you look at the attached documents, crackberry.com forums are included and some of you are quoted!
    You posted that before I had a chance to; the short of it is I'm a hostile witness since I support RIM, and I will openly post in public my utter contempt for ambulance chasing lawyers and their litigious clients.
    12-09-11 05:49 PM
    how is it bait and switch. Many people got their playbooks others have gotten their money back. Those are the 2 outcomes. Yeah it sucks that some people cant actually get their PBs but they dont have an infinite amount of them. I agree its was handled poorly and they should have had better inventory count but I still dont see any intentional criminal action.
    Last edited by howarmat; 12-09-11 at 06:04 PM.
    Willard814 likes this.
    12-09-11 05:57 PM
    Is the takeaway we are supposed to be getting from those who disparage those who have the unmitigated audacity to exercise their constitutional rights to seek redress through the court system that we are weak and powerless so why not just be apathetic and let the 'big guy' win? There's something oddly un-American about that idea. Too many people have sacrificed too much to protect those rights.
    FF22 and Willard814 like this.
    12-09-11 06:02 PM
    how is it bait and switch. Many people got their playbooks others have gotten their money back. Those are the 2 outcomes. Yeah it sucks that some people cant actually get their PBs but they dont have an infinite amount of them. I agree its was handled poorly and they should have had better inventory count but I still dont see any criminal action.
    It is not a CRIMINAL action, it is a CIVIL action.

It appears to be the classic bait and switch. But you couple that with the underhanded manner in which they cancelled the various purchases and you have even more reason for someone to be upset.

Then again, if you've dealt with Rim for the entire length of the playbook fiasco, that purchaser has no right or reason to rely on anything rim said, claimed, offered or promised. Case dismissed.
    esqlaw and Willard814 like this.
    12-09-11 06:05 PM
    Is the takeaway we are supposed to be getting from those who disparage those who have the unmitigated audacity to exercise their constitutional rights to seek redress through the court system that we are weak and powerless so why not just be apathetic and let the 'big guy' win? There's something oddly un-American about that idea. Too many people have sacrificed too much to protect those rights.
    EXCUSE ME - but the fanboys have already declared it frivolous - is anything more necessary.
    esqlaw and Willard814 like this.
    12-09-11 06:07 PM
    Perhaps we should leave this "class warfare" rhetoric out of this thread; I don't know about you, but I am bored to tears with this crap mantra already coming from "The Hill."
    Willard814 likes this.
    12-09-11 06:09 PM
149 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD