Hi,

I got my Bold 9900 today but I have noticed, and it is a really small annoyance rather than anything else! But at the bottom of the phone, if I ran my finger along the black plastic, near where the microphone is the plastic is slightly uneven and raised? But only in the right. Is this a sign the plastic is broken? Or just the way some of the phones are? For the record, it was made in Mexico.

I just wondered if anyone else had the same with their 9900's.

Thank you! And I love this phone!
    12-09-11 01:15 PM
    For the record, it was made in Mexico.
    Really? A Vodafone UK 9900 Made in Mexico, and not Hungary?

Thank god I got mine early!
    12-09-11 01:20 PM
    The Torch 9800 I had which was made in Hungary had awful build quality regarding misfitting plastics. I only wonder if this small plastic misfit is anything to be concerned about!

I've ordered a soft shell case and I wonder when I've put it in that (it will always stay in there) whether I'll notice it or not!
    12-09-11 01:34 PM
    Yea I've noticed that to on my sprint version one but mine is under the left side underneath the ALT key its raised but barely hardly noticable unless you run your finger over it so its not a huge deal to me but if it raises more I would take it back.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-09-11 01:35 PM
    Oh maybe it's a small little flaw that is on these devices! Mine is the same hardly noticable unless you run your finger over it. But it's on the right side.

Reminds me of the Tour, the top was clicky because the tape to stick it on was twisted! It's always the the tiny little things that you'd pick up on!

I hope it doesn't get any higher!
    12-09-11 01:57 PM
    That's a good suggestion but I fear I'd break the plastic if I attempted to remove it!
    12-09-11 04:20 PM
    Take it back. If you accept shoddy build quality you are not part of the solution.
    Last edited by palomartian; 12-09-11 at 08:34 PM.
    12-09-11 08:30 PM
    I notice the same issue at the bottom edge of the screen. Running my finger from left to right suggests the the keys to the right are raised more than those to the left.
    12-09-11 09:04 PM
    my rogers - mexican 9900 is slightly raised on the right side under the left alt key. i put a case on it and it covers it up so i dont really notice it anymore
    12-09-11 10:49 PM
    the chin piece is just held on by nothing more than double sided tape. it's there to hide the screws.
    12-09-11 11:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD