This is a 2 part question. I just started using my 9900 with the software that comes from ATT and i can not get a full day on a battery - im a moderate user and by 1pm im half battery by 6 pm im dead.

also other people with different phones on sprint are having same problem.

could Rim be pulling and sending more info possibly.. can not figure this out
    12-09-11 12:09 PM
    This is a 2 part question. I just started using my 9900 with the software that comes from ATT and i can not get a full day on a battery - im a moderate user and by 1pm im half battery by 6 pm im dead.

also other people with different phones on sprint are having same problem.

could Rim be pulling and sending more info possibly.. can not figure this out
    There are a number of threads on battery life. This one is pretty up to date. My battery performance is similar to yours, and I haven't found a way to improve it yet. I've had the 9900 for a week. T-Mobile is going to send me a replacement battery. There's a chance that some of us just got bad batteries. If that gives me better performance, I'll update that thread. If it doesn't I'll be returning the 9900, but I'll still update the thread.

As I write this, it's 1:15 pm and I'm at 47%, with my current hourly drain rate at 9.2%, so I'll be lucky to make it to 6:00 pm.
    12-09-11 12:15 PM
    Thank you - let me know what you come up with !
    12-09-11 12:44 PM
    Gotta be honest, I'm so tired of seeing threads pop up about the crappy battery life on these phones.. It's not the fault of the OP, not at all; it's RIM's fault for not actively doing anything about it!

@RGL1399: I had crap battery life at moderate use, just like you... upgrading the firmware to 7.0.0.545 immensely helped... moderate use gets me 2 days of use without plugging in overnight. Something to look into for sure.

@RIM: Come on guys! Turn it around and make us all proud of the ONLY major mobile company to stay Canadian!
    12-09-11 12:59 PM
    12-09-11 01:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD