I woke up this morning to find my blackberry had a black screen and the LED flashing red. It's not rapidly flashing, it lights up for 3 seconds, and then off for about 6 seconds.
    I have tried taking the battery out loads but nothing seems to work, the screen just stays black.
    When I plug it into the computer, it connects and disconnects like my phone is turning on and off.
    I know the screen isn't broke because when I take the battery out the charger in, a battery sign shows with a cross (meaning I don't have the battery in)
    What is wrong with my phone? Can I do anything to fix it?

I tried BBSAK (it always says no phone is connected) and tried apploader (can not get past the JVM)

Thanks
    12-09-11 10:57 AM
    Forgot to mention I use a Sprint unlocked torch 9860 (the Edit button not working, dunno why)
    12-09-11 11:24 AM
    I'm not certain, but what you describe kinda sounds like a nuked or bricked BlackBerry. All is not lost. There's a couple of really good articles on CrackBerry for fixing just such a problem. You'll need a computer and about 45 minutes.

12-09-11 12:04 PM
    I'm not certain, but what you describe kinda sounds like a nuked or bricked BlackBerry. All is not lost. There's a couple of really good articles on CrackBerry for fixing just such a problem. You'll need a computer and about 45 minutes.

Thanks I tried those guides before posting here.

Unfortunately I can not since it keeps turning off so it never finishes the process
    12-09-11 01:47 PM
    Torch 9850 Doesn't Power On - BlackBerry Support Community Forums may have a working option, although this seems like fundamental design flaw they are just covering up with warranty replacements for now
    12-09-11 09:49 PM
    Thanks I tried those guides before posting here.

Unfortunately I can not since it keeps turning off so it never finishes the process

You HAVE to follow the directions. Its kind of like making candy, everything has to be followed exactly, or it just don't work.
    12-16-11 01:37 PM
    Welcome to Bricked club!
    12-16-11 08:32 PM
    found you a home...http://tipb.com/
    12-16-11 10:24 PM
    found you a home...http://tipb.com/
    Hey, what's wrong with you?

I'm trying to find a solution for my dead 9860. Express some disappointed in RIM is not banned right?
    12-16-11 11:00 PM
    From this thread: Torch 9850 Doesn't Power On - Page 2 - BlackBerry Support Community Forums

rahman86 suggests this simple fix:

"just pull off your battery from BB, plug in the charger into your BB, wait for a sec until there is indicator of battery with cross on the BB screen display, an then plug in your battery into your BB.. Done"

I can't confirm the above, but it's worth trying.
    12-17-11 05:15 AM
    i am facing problem a empty battery and x mark.. when i updated its just bullying... its nt getting strated what to do??????????
    07-24-13 03:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD