I have a problem wih the bridge mail between the pb and my bold 9900. on bridge the playbook regularly shows the exclamation mark in the top bar and reminds me of an email. BUT this email is not existing any more on my bold and opening it from the pb won't work. does anyone have a hint, how to get rid of the useless reminder.
    12-08-11 06:40 AM
    Notifications on the Playbook have been broken for as long as I can remember and "ghost" emails regularly show up on mine too.

I can't see it being fixed until OS2.0 is released.
    12-08-11 06:55 AM
    It will disappear is you wait long enough.

You can force it to disappear by creating an email on your PB to a non-existing email address like [email protected]
    12-08-11 07:51 AM
    Using your phone, mark an email unread and then go to the Playbook and read it. This should get the notifications back in sync.
    12-08-11 08:01 AM
    I have a problem wih the bridge mail between the pb and my bold 9900. on bridge the playbook regularly shows the exclamation mark in the top bar and reminds me of an email. BUT this email is not existing any more on my bold and opening it from the pb won't work. does anyone have a hint, how to get rid of the useless reminder.
    I posted this sometime back, here you go again.

Open your emails on the PB. You will find some emails with an icon of a closed envelope that is yellow in color. Click on every such 'yellow envelope' next to the emails, until they open up and becomes white/grey colored ones.

The other way to do this is clicking on an icon on the lower panel. This is easily done in the portrait mode- once you turn your PB into portrait mode there is a check icon on the lower bar. Click that icon, and all the messages will show up with a box in front of them (which you can check/uncheck). Check the boxes and delete the emails (if you are done with them).

Either of the 2 methods will solve the problem, its tried and tested
    Last edited by anindoc; 12-08-11 at 09:59 AM.
    00stryder likes this.
    12-08-11 08:50 AM
    hey guys,

thanks for the fast reply, but everything didn't work.

mark an already read mail as unread on the berry, read it on the pb. no effect.

delete all mails via the pb. no effect.

wait... i waited since the 3rd of december.

so there is only waiting for 2.o left.

thanks for additional help, otherwise there is the "waiting for 2.o option" remaining.
    12-08-11 02:39 PM
    Try clicking on the envelope in the upper left corner, and then when the "drop down list" appears, click on all the "x"s on the right side of each message.

This has been working for me since I got my PB 3 days ago.
    12-08-11 03:03 PM
    I don't have an envelope, just the exclamation mark for that specific mail.
    12-09-11 08:13 AM
    I have this periodically. Sometimes I can clear the notice and others I cannot.

The other day I had one and the subject/sender was identified on the pb. Could not open it. I went to the phone and it was NOT there either. How do you clear a notice when the email being noticed does not exist on the phone. I cleared out all of my extraeous email and the notice was gone. I know many folks keep all of their email and I have no idea how you'd clear a notice in that case.

It is clearly a bug.
    12-09-11 11:06 AM
    I don't have an envelope, just the exclamation mark for that specific mail.
    you should be able to do the same with the (!).

I have this periodically. Sometimes I can clear the notice and others I cannot.

The other day I had one and the subject/sender was identified on the pb. Could not open it. I went to the phone and it was NOT there either. How do you clear a notice when the email being noticed does not exist on the phone. I cleared out all of my extraeous email and the notice was gone. I know many folks keep all of their email and I have no idea how you'd clear a notice in that case.

It is clearly a bug.
    okay so this is starting to happen with me but its not emails, its BBM messages. I read them on my PB but not all of them get marked as read. I have to try to read it on my phone and then click on the icon in my PB and it might go away. Last night it was there fir hours after I read it. I eventually went ahead and reset the bridge connection and it went away... eventually.
    12-10-11 08:14 AM
    Just open and close one email on the PlayBook. Just press open and close the icon with the envelope.
    12-10-11 08:18 AM
    easiest and quickest way to clear the notifications that no longer exist, be it email or bbm, is to turn the bridge app on the phone off and then on again. once it connects the "ghost" notification will be gone, at least until it happens again.
    12-10-11 08:28 AM
    @Serkle K.:I know that there is an 'x' in the exclamation markt notification too, but closing the notification didn't last long and keeps poping up, and up, and up...

finally the mail is gone now, don't know why, maybe reached the time out
    12-11-11 10:51 AM
    i have this issue too. just wondering where these ghost emails come from. are they resident in the phone or the playbook?
    01-18-12 06:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD