I just updated the OS on my bb 8320, and i just wanted to know if anyone else noticed a lag with the OS.
    I just got this phone about 3 weeks ago and thought the features of the 4.5 was going to be better.
    I've noticed that using Jivetalk and BBMessenger...I had to do a battery pull a couple times so that the phone wasn't lagging.

I just wanted to get advice or someone's opinion about the new OS...and was wondering if I should go back to the 4.2 or not.

Thanks!
    09-01-08 11:30 PM
    Nope I don't have problem with os 4.5 using 8310.
    How bad is the lag?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-02-08 12:21 AM
    how often do you do a battery pull?

what is your file free?
    09-02-08 12:27 AM
    It's pretty bad. When I have someone IM me from Jivetalk and then IM me from the BB Messenger at the same time the phone will lag really bad. Even when I have been using the Jivetalk for the whole day probably by mid day I have to do a battery pull to reset the phone and then it'll work fine.

As for my file free, I'm not really sure. I also do have a 2gb MicroSD, so all my pictures, videos, and music are not on the phone.

I dunno if I should update to the .55, I've been researching and I've read that the .55 version debugged the lag problem.

Just out of curiosity, what verison of 4.5 are you guys running????
    09-02-08 06:11 AM
    It's pretty bad. When I have someone IM me from Jivetalk and then IM me from the BB Messenger at the same time the phone will lag really bad. Even when I have been using the Jivetalk for the whole day probably by mid day I have to do a battery pull to reset the phone and then it'll work fine.

As for my file free, I'm not really sure. I also do have a 2gb MicroSD, so all my pictures, videos, and music are not on the phone.

I dunno if I should update to the .55, I've been researching and I've read that the .55 version debugged the lag problem.

Just out of curiosity, what verison of 4.5 are you guys running????

If you want to use 4.5 I would use the most current most stable .69 build. It's much better than previous builds. That should correct the problems you are experiencing.
    09-02-08 07:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD