Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone else has experienced problems with the touchscreen on the 9810. I currently have 7.0.0.540 installed and from time to time, touching anywhere on the home screen opens the notifications window. I've also noticed that once in a while single tapping in an application is interpreted as a multitouch event. This seems to be happening more frequently as time goes on. Honestly this seems like a hardware issue, but a reset seems to fix the problem so far. This is my 4th replacement, and it just seems strange that I have had so many bad units. Thanks for any suggestions, I wanted to get some feedback before I take another one back.

-Beau
    12-06-11 05:10 PM
    Try an OS reinstall. Stay on .540, just reinstall it. That usually fixes most problems.
    12-06-11 06:04 PM
    Thanks, I'll give it a shot.
    12-06-11 06:52 PM
    I've been having the same issues and I have re-installed .540 but the touchscreen still continues to give me issues. My 9810 seems to only like the stock OS from AT&T.

I currently updated it with the .585 leak and the results are still the same.
    12-10-11 01:58 PM
    Hey guys, got my new 9810 yesterday. I have uploaded new os .540. I decided to not use menager for blackberry swap and started from beginning. Today I had issues you pointed 3 times. Had to reset device. This is strange issue, I have noticed that touchscreen become inacurate like **** and the bottom become completly out of sensitive area. I hope we can find solution for it.

I have also another problem, cant connect to bb defender, I can set it up then my bb stops on the screen where you can read "connecting to blackberry protect" you can see connection icon blinking for a few seconds then nothing happen.
    12-10-11 04:17 PM
    Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone else has experienced problems with the touchscreen on the 9810. I currently have 7.0.0.540 installed and from time to time, touching anywhere on the home screen opens the notifications window. I've also noticed that once in a while single tapping in an application is interpreted as a multitouch event. This seems to be happening more frequently as time goes on. Honestly this seems like a hardware issue, but a reset seems to fix the problem so far. This is my 4th replacement, and it just seems strange that I have had so many bad units. Thanks for any suggestions, I wanted to get some feedback before I take another one back.

-Beau
    I couldn't get .540 to work well with my phone. i tried the new upgrage to .585 yesterday and it seems fine. The touchscreen issue is gone.
    12-10-11 04:25 PM
    I guess I'm stuck with .261 until I can figure out why the touchscreen is inaccurate.
    12-10-11 04:51 PM
    Here's an odd turn of events, when I connect my Torch to the PC with the USB cable the touchscreen works perfect! There are not any inaccurate selections or lag. Once I disconnect the USB cable it's back to my touchscreen not working correctly.

Any guesses on what would cause that???
    yashodhan92 likes this.
    12-10-11 04:57 PM
    I guess I'm stuck with .261 until I can figure out why the touchscreen is inaccurate.

Hi mate. Have you tried backing your BB up, wiping your phone and installing .540 fresh, then do a battery pull, then restore your phone via DM, then battery pull, then set up your apps..?

Reason I say this is I had the same issues as you, did what I just mentioned, now my Torch is running fine (except the poor battery life)..

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    12-10-11 05:54 PM
    I will have to do that then. But its 2011 and that os upgrade looks more like dancing around fire and praying to gods for rain

12-10-11 06:24 PM
    I had same issue again this morning after night charge. I have changed screen orientation and when got back to vertical everything was fine again.

12-11-11 03:39 AM
    Just happened again, rotate didn't work. Turn off and on fixed it. No battery pull.

12-11-11 02:15 PM
    Here's an odd turn of events, when I connect my Torch to the PC with the USB cable the touchscreen works perfect! There are not any inaccurate selections or lag. Once I disconnect the USB cable it's back to my touchscreen not working correctly.

I have the same problem on my phone and I'm on my second one. Only version .261 software works on my phone properly.

Would love to get some input on this one.
    12-12-11 09:06 PM
    I will have to do that then. But its 2011 and that os upgrade looks more like dancing around fire and praying to gods for rain

Well, it beats standing on your head to get your screen to rotate.

Wipe the *******. Wifes 9810 has been running .540 since it came out and it runs great. But yeah, I wiped it before instaLling the OS. You may wanna try the newest OS too, if they have one newer than .540.
    12-12-11 09:24 PM
    I have 585 now and touch screen problem is gone. Defender still refuse to connect

12-13-11 11:32 AM
    Ok, fixed. Had to reinstall protect from desktop manager not from phone.

12-13-11 03:04 PM
    Hi mate. Have you tried backing your BB up, wiping your phone and installing .540 fresh, then do a battery pull, then restore your phone via DM, then battery pull, then set up your apps..?
    To wipe it would I just do the security wipe on the phones software or is there a better method?
    12-14-11 11:32 PM
    I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one with these issues. I'm beginning to think that my issues may be hardware related though. I recently downgraded to .261 and the touch screen issues persist.
    12-15-11 06:13 AM
    To wipe it would I just do the security wipe on the phones software or is there a better method?
    I typically use the wipe utility in bbsak.
    12-15-11 06:18 AM

That is strange.

My guess would be either a grounding issue or incorrect voltage somewhere in the phone, or perhaps a residual charge that has built up.

The problem I'm having with the touch screen is very intermittent and unpredictable; sometimes it's a period of a few days or so before it resurfaces. If you can, you may want to get your phone replaced.
    12-15-11 06:31 AM
    If the problem can be considered "intermitten" than I would look to the software for the solution.

As for "How to Wipe the Phone". I would recommend a factory reset using whatever technique you like or even using the on-board reset and also using the the BBSAK factory reset method.

I highly recommend wiping the phone before a new install. I know some people say otherwise but my best installs have always been after a full wipe with BBSAK.

I also recommend backing up your storage and having the phone "Format" the Built-In Storage and Your Storage Add In Card. I do know when switching from .5XX to 7.1 I was getting an error when trying to access media and after some searching on Google I found the solution was a "Media Format". Different OS, Different file structure I guess but it did solve the problem.

I have also adopted a "No Restore Per DM" additude and simply use Drag-N-Drop to relocate my media files onto my computer until the phone is ready to have the media files Dragged back onto the phone.

Some other methods for avoiding DM during the restore process are:

Enable Sync settings for "Gmail" so Gmail can Sync with your "Calendar & Contacts"

Enable all options in Blackberry Protect and have it backup your data daily.

Take advantage of "AppWorld & Mobihand Super Store" applications for reinstalling your apps. AppWorld can re-install your apps directly through your computer and its fast.

USE PASSWORD KEEPER to store your application keys. It is backed up by Blackberry Protect and you can restore it and then copy and paste all your keys into your apps with very little effort.

Doing all this keeps managing the software away from DM and has been extremely successful and speedy for me. I have used all the 9900 builds so far and haven't missed a beat.

Hope you guys get those 9810's worlking soon.
    12-15-11 07:11 AM
    Ok, one more attempt then. Wiped out by JL_Cmder, uploaded 585 and took contacts from gmail. Everything set up again no backups used. I hope it will work.
    12-15-11 01:14 PM
    Just disconnected my phone from charger, 100% battery, screen broken again. Battery pull. Screen fixed, battery 80%.

This is what I found in EventLog using JL_Cmdr wen I disconnected phone and tried to use it in touch mode:

guid:0xBEF92E11214401C3 time: Fri Dec 16 07:32:20 2011 severity:0 type:2 app:UI data:UIE: invalid touch from OS: (205, 4088); OSTS: 41151789
    guid:0xBEF92E11214401C3 time: Fri Dec 16 07:32:20 2011 severity:0 type:2 app:UI data:UIE: invalid touch from OS: (205, 4082); OSTS: 41151796
    guid:0xBEF92E11214401C3 time: Fri Dec 16 07:32:20 2011 severity:0 type:2 app:UI data:UIE: invalid touch from OS: (205, 4078); OSTS: 41151812
    guid:0xBEF92E11214401C3 time: Fri Dec 16 07:32:20 2011 severity:0 type:2 app:UI data:UIE: invalid touch from OS: (205, 4074); OSTS: 41151820

And there is a lot more all look same.

Last edited by montanus; 12-16-11 at 02:30 AM.
    12-16-11 12:47 AM
    I upgraded from .261 to .585 and I am also experiencing the screen freeze too...it looks more like calibration problem.I have performed batery pull more than 10times...I downgraded to .540 but its still giving me the same screen freeze..Pls where can I download my old .261 bcos that works perfectly for my phone

PS: the screen works perfectly when I plug my fone to USB charger
    12-16-11 02:38 AM
    Happened again. I left it without battery pull and after 15min screen is working fine again. I hope full 7.1 for 9810 will show up fast.

12-16-11 11:03 AM
67 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD