Hey Crackberry Nation.... some feedback on this if you will.

I know that you can touch, hold and then cut and paste. HOWEVER it sometimes works and somtimes, well, it doesn't. Especialy on web pages. Or is it not supposed to work on web pages ? Or am I doing it wrong ? Or should I return the Playboook becasue I am too $%#$% to own a tablet ?
    12-06-11 02:13 PM
    How is it not working? Its a bit hard to use as you must hold your finger still exactly on it and any little movement could stop it from performing.
    12-06-11 02:15 PM
    It works on web pages but when you press and hold, don't move your finger up/down left/right. If you move your finger, the system thinks you're trying to move the page. Same goes for when you press and hold a URL/link to open in a new tab.
    12-06-11 02:20 PM
    It works on web pages but when you press and hold, don't move your finger up/down left/right. If you move your finger, the system thinks you're trying to move the page. Same goes for when you press and hold a URL/link to open in a new tab.
    It's really erratic actually. Sometimes it'll work as advertised. More often you're right I have to try several times in different spots. I find in emails it's a little more reliable. On web pages it's totlally hit or miss. I was hoping there was s imple trick to this but it seems not. I guess this is another thing they have to tweak. BTW I am using 2.0 BETA. Not sure if that matters.
    12-06-11 02:22 PM
    Hey Crackberry Nation.... some feedback on this if you will.

I know that you can touch, hold and then cut and paste. HOWEVER it sometimes works and somtimes, well, it doesn't. Especialy on web pages. Or is it not supposed to work on web pages ? Or am I doing it wrong ? Or should I return the Playboook becasue I am too $%#$% to own a tablet ?

I have noticed that on webpages, it's hit or miss depending on the type of content.

I've been using my playbook only for a short time, and to me it feels like a rushed product. But it should get better with time.
    Last edited by my.usernamegoeshere; 12-06-11 at 03:35 PM.
    12-06-11 02:57 PM
    I have noticed that on webpages, it's hit or miss depending on the type of content.

I've been using my playbook only for a short time, and to me it feels like a rushed product.
    Rushed ? RUSHED? Whatever makes you say that ?
    toffeenose likes this.
    12-06-11 03:12 PM
    HOWEVER it sometimes works and somtimes, well, it doesn't. Especialy on web pages. Or is it not supposed to work on web pages ? Or am I doing it wrong ? Or should I return the Playboook becasue I am too $%#$% to own a tablet ?
    You're not doing it wrong. As others have confirmed, and as you're experiencing, it seems to be a rather quirky feature/function. I have the same issues in that I typically have to try at least twice to get it to work at all and/or to work correctly.

To me it's another thing that makes me wish that PBs had a "Menu" feature like BBs do or some way to "right click" for action options. So many times while using my PB I instinctively want and look for a Menu key so I can pick from what I think should be the current options for whatever it is I'm working on.

If there were a way to easily highlight the info you want and then pop up a Menu List for copying, pasting or whatever, I think it would be easier, more instinctive, and probably faster than the current method.
    pyshtr likes this.
    12-06-11 03:55 PM
    You're not doing it wrong. As others have confirmed, and as you're experiencing, it seems to be a rather quirky feature/function. I have the same issues in that I typically have to try at least twice to get it to work at all and/or to work correctly.

To me it's another thing that makes me wish that PBs had a "Menu" feature like BBs do or some way to "right click" for action options. So many times while using my PB I instinctively want and look for a Menu key so I can pick from what I think should be the current options for whatever it is I'm working on.

If there were a way to easily highlight the info you want and then pop up a Menu List for copying, pasting or whatever, I think it would be easier, more instinctive, and probably faster than the current method.
    Yes an excellent suggestion and also UP DOWN LEFT RIGHT arrow keys or even a TAB key would be excellent as well....but I am getting a bit off topic here....boy there sure are a lot of things to improve upon.....
    12-06-11 03:57 PM
    hey just a quick thing about copy/paste (that you probably know): place one finger against the screen to activate it, not two. I used to think that it was a two finger press (one at the beginning of the text to be copied and one at the end, like in bbos) but it is only one finger on the playbook. You drag the hilighted area from there.
    jelp2 likes this.
    12-06-11 05:43 PM
    Rushed ? RUSHED? Whatever makes you say that ?
    I love the PB as well as the BB Bridge and the hardware is excellent. But it lacks basic stuff like being able to arrange your bookmarks, and something as simple as copy and paste on the browser sometimes works on a portion of a webpage and sometimes doesn't.
    That's what I think, has the OP confused.
    12-06-11 06:56 PM
    I was just struggling to do a <CTRL><C> and <CTRL><V> the other day, but of course I could not find a <CTRL> key on the keyboard!
    I gave up in frustration.

Essentially, I agree with the OP, it's not as easy as the blackberry to do a cut/paste on the playbook, and it should be!
    12-06-11 07:07 PM
    I usually don't have problems copying. But if I have problems pasting into an email or text box, here is something that helps me:

Type 3 characters into the spot where u want to paste, like aaa.
    Tap and hold ontop of the 3 characters, like you want to copy them.
    It selects the 3 characters and the paste option pops up.
    click paste, and your clip board pastes over top of the 3 characters.

I use this all the time and find paste works much better for me this way.
    12-06-11 08:08 PM
    i am glad i seen this post. i have been trying to figure out the cut and past on my playbook from day 1. What I notice is that, i can cut past and select text on a web page. I can not cut, past or select text on a email using bb bridge. Its a pain in the **** not being able to select text on an email. if someone can help, LET ME KNOW.
    12-06-11 08:24 PM
    i am glad i seen this post. i have been trying to figure out the cut and past on my playbook from day 1. What I notice is that, i can cut past and select text on a web page. I can not cut, past or select text on a email using bb bridge. Its a pain in the **** not being able to select text on an email. if someone can help, LET ME KNOW.
    That was one of my contributions to the newbie sticky up above:

Start a reply to the EMAIL, then do a copy from the REPLY. Then, if you do not need the reply, cancel it. What you copied wil be in the paste/copy buffer. Now copy it where you really wanted it.
    12-06-11 08:46 PM
    I've never been able to properly copy text from an e-mail, a hyperlink for example. Anyone got a workaround for that?
    12-07-11 04:50 AM
    I've never been able to properly copy text from an e-mail, a hyperlink for example. Anyone got a workaround for that?
    Again, start a REPLY and then copy. Cancel the reply if you do not need it.
    12-07-11 09:13 AM
    I am finding it frustrating that I if for example, I am reading a news article in my browser (google) and see information that I want to send to someone via email, it does not seem possible to copy, let alone copy/paste. Am I missing instruction?
    01-26-13 04:00 PM
    Hold your finger on the screen until you see two pointers appear. Move them until the text you want to copy is all highlighted. Click on. 'Copy' and go to wherever you want to paste it to and hold your finger down again and choose 'Paste'

Sounds more complicated than it actually is ;-)
    01-26-13 05:25 PM
    Cursor placement and copy/paste are the things I hate most about the playbook. I almost THROW this thing sometimes when the cursor jumps all over or won't move. Or the start and end of highlighted text keeps moving. I select the end of the highlights but that start moves, etc...

God forbid editing a spelling mistake on a CB post. It's such a pain to find the spot.
    FF22 likes this.
    01-27-13 12:52 AM
    Cursor placement and copy/paste are the things I hate most about the playbook. I almost THROW this thing sometimes when the cursor jumps all over or won't move. Or the start and end of highlighted text keeps moving. I select the end of the highlights but that start moves, etc...

God forbid editing a spelling mistake on a CB post. It's such a pain to find the spot.
    Amen, brother.or sister. I was tryomg to edit a url.this morming and not get an individual arrow. Only all or none
    01-27-13 09:14 AM
    I'm having problems where I'm copying from my docs to go, but it won't paste into the internet. I know I'm being perfectly still, I know to use one finger and I know the typing some letters to highlight trick. Thankfully when I got my berry I also got a hipstreet keyboard which makes highlighting SO easy, but even so it refuses to paste! The cursors don't even show up, even though it's highlighted. I've had so many problems since I got this device sometimes I wonder if it might make a more useful coaster, but as a writer it's important for me to have some sort of on-the-go contraption that won't break my shoulder like a laptop, so I've been dealing with my anger for a while now. Is there no shortcut at all for keyboards? Because that would make me so happy I might cry.
    11-01-13 03:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD