I Was just on Bestbuy site and they have 32gb refurbished playbooks for 169.00 and 64gb for 199.00 These have just been listed again today, hurry if you're interested, I just ordered one of both.
    12-06-11 07:33 AM
    Those are great prices. Has anyone received a refurb from Best Buy? Are they in good condition? I'd be worried about getting a scratched unit or something.
    12-06-11 07:36 AM
    These tablets are probably returns from the recent price-reduction promotional sales. Be sure you security wipe the tablet before you use it. Beware these tablet might be in a bricked state and require a full device software reload anyway.
    12-06-11 07:39 AM
    64 gb for $200? That is so insane
    12-06-11 07:40 AM
    the 64mb are already sold out, picked up the 32mb for 169 though...SWEET!
    12-06-11 07:58 AM
    I'm not too concern, my understanding is that the refurbished units come with the full one year new warranty. I wouldn't want it to be in poor physical condition, I'll hope for the best and let you know the out come. With them again now at full price new, this seems like a great deal.
    12-06-11 07:58 AM
    Just ordered a 32g for $169.00.
    Maybe the whole Globalware fiasco was a good thing....
    12-06-11 08:19 AM
    FYI, from their website:
    •Disclaimer of Warranties. ALTHOUGH THIS REFURBISHED PRODUCT IS SUBJECT TO THE RETURN POLICY, THIS REFURBISHED PRODUCT IS SOLD ON AN "AS IS" BASIS WITHOUT ANY REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED.
    •BEST BUY AND BLACKBERRY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
    12-06-11 08:20 AM
    just checked at bestbuy.ca....no PLayboooks of any size left in the refurb areas at all...just Acer & Asus.....sigh...

oh. checked today, Tues at 9:32 am EST

12-06-11 08:32 AM
    FYI, from their website:
    �Disclaimer of Warranties. ALTHOUGH THIS REFURBISHED PRODUCT IS SUBJECT TO THE RETURN POLICY, THIS REFURBISHED PRODUCT IS SOLD ON AN "AS IS" BASIS WITHOUT ANY REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED.
    �BEST BUY AND BLACKBERRY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
    So, the way I read this is that if one is outside of the return window of 30 days and the unit breaks--then neither Best Buy nor Blackberry will perform warranty work correct?

Well, that's still a deal. I think most could figure out if the Playbook is a dud or not within the first 30 days.
    12-06-11 08:34 AM
    the bestbuy refurbished only carry 30 days warranty. and be ready to be patient.
    i have one ordered on the 27th, still hasn't shipped. I called and they say its still processing. it just takes longer than it would for new units.
    12-06-11 08:54 AM
    Looks like the 32 sold out too!
    12-06-11 09:00 AM
    Wow the 64 sold out fast!!! I had to settle for the 32. Hope I get this before christmas!!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    12-06-11 09:23 AM
    FYI, from their website:
    �Disclaimer of Warranties. ALTHOUGH THIS REFURBISHED PRODUCT IS SUBJECT TO THE RETURN POLICY, THIS REFURBISHED PRODUCT IS SOLD ON AN "AS IS" BASIS WITHOUT ANY REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED.
    �BEST BUY AND BLACKBERRY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.

I contacted BlackBerry Customer Support regarding the warranty issue and was told, the warranty would be the same as new for refurbished, as long as it falls within the one year period. I asked if that information was anywhere in writing and she sent me this warranty link. BlackBerry - PlayBook Limited Warranty,
    I read the information and the part I found relating to Refurbished stated the following.

"Except to the extent required by applicable law, this Limited Warranty applies only to a new Blackberry Palybook and only the balance of the warranty period (if any) applies to any refurbished Blackberry Playbook."

It did not say it Don't Apply, but (applies to any refurbished Blackberry Playbook) The representative assured me the warranty applied because they consider refurbished new and they would honor the same as new. Hope this helps.
    Omahahaha and msmara like this.
    12-06-11 10:02 AM
    Ordered a refurb 16GB on 11/29 and am told it will be available for pickup at my store tomorrow. Just ordered a refurb 32GB so I don't have to share with the wife LOL!
    InnoD likes this.
    12-06-11 10:05 AM
    I contacted BlackBerry Customer Support regarding the warranty issue and was told, the warranty would be the same as new for refurbished, as long as it falls within the one year period. I asked if that information was anywhere in writing and she sent me this warranty link. BlackBerry - PlayBook Limited Warranty,
    I read the information and the part I found relating to Refurbished stated the following.

"Except to the extent required by applicable law, this Limited Warranty applies only to a new Blackberry Palybook and only the balance of the warranty period (if any) applies to any refurbished Blackberry Playbook."

It did not say it Don't Apply, but (applies to any refurbished Blackberry Playbook) The representative assured me the warranty applied because they consider refurbished new and they would honor the same as new. Hope this helps.
    So, what's the "balance of the warranty period?" Is it based on manufactered date, or date of purchase/registration by the original owner?
    And, if it's based on the manufacter or purchase/registration date, how long does it take for RIM to turn around a refurb?
    For example, PB is built or purchased/registered on 1/1/2011. Joe Consumer owns it for 2 months and then returns it. RIM takes 2 months to refurb and send it back to the distributer (Best Buy). I buy it 5/1/2011. How much time is left on the warranty period?

Granted, as someone above said, I'm likely to know if it's a dud within 30 days, but what if 2.0 (that mythical OS) bricks it due to some unforseen glitch?

Still, $169 ($181 w/tax) for a 32g is a steal. Better to have PlayBooked and lost, than to never have PlayBooked at all. Or something like that.
    12-06-11 10:56 AM
    Refurbed PB's seem to be on back order at Best Buy.
    I noticed yesterday that my status online went from "in the process of being fullfilled" to "order status unavailable." I couldn't get through on the phone, but noticed the link to Tweet to @twelpforce on the support page.
    First time I've used Twitter for CS and it worked out well. Got a response back, went back and forth a few times and found out that my PB was back ordered and had my order status changed online.

So just a heads up to anyone else if you're having difficulty tracking your order and can't get info online or via phone. Send a Tweet to @twelpforce. You may get a personal response, followed in a few minutes by the same response directly from @twelpforce.

Play on!
    12-09-11 12:16 PM
    all gone not one refurb listed and all 3 reg priced ones are sold out online.
    12-09-11 12:52 PM
    Is it true that best buy is no longer going to carry the playbook at all?

A friend sent me the following link.

Best Buy Decides It's Done With The PlayBook -- No More Ads, No More Orders - Business Insider
    12-09-11 01:24 PM
    Is it true that best buy is no longer going to carry the playbook at all?

A friend sent me the following link.

Best Buy Decides It's Done With The PlayBook -- No More Ads, No More Orders - Business Insider
    No, that is not correct information. They are still selling the PlayBook. It's selling so HOT it's sold out due to the recent sale!

https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=dl4InJRn
    12-09-11 01:36 PM
    Just picked up my refurbed 32GB. Nice!
    If the BB10/QNX phones are this smooth and they ever come out, RIM has a prayer.
    12-16-11 02:15 PM
    none online...again :/
    12-16-11 02:33 PM
    Nice catch.
    12-16-11 10:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD