Hi, my red neon only flashes for a min after I receive a SMS. I am using a BB Bold 9780. Any ideas please?
    12-04-11 01:51 AM
    Are you using berrybuzz or any kind of app to control the led?
    12-04-11 02:08 AM
    I believe there is an option which does this. Try "LED Options" or similar in the universal search. If nothing pulls up then consider the previous poster's statement. See if you have an app which controls the LED working
    12-04-11 05:50 AM
    Hi, I do not have any apps on my BB, just what's in the OS. The neon stays red for about 1 minute, then goes back to green. Thanks
    12-04-11 06:16 AM
    Try shutting off your service indicator.
    12-04-11 06:24 AM
    Tried turning off coverage light and found that the red neon just goes out after about a couple of mins after a SMS is received, still not much good!
    12-04-11 07:23 AM
    Typically, the default indicator flashes for 15 minutes (or until you open the Messages) and then stops. Do you have the LED activated in the Notification Profile?

Are you saying that yours only flashes for a few minutes? Your OP said "a minute" and this post says "a couple of minutes". Can you see exactly how long it flashes when you don't do anything to the device?
    12-04-11 07:28 AM
    Hi, It stayed on for around a minute or so, but after messing around with settings, it is now lasting around 15 minutes. I was actually under the impression it stayed on indefinite until I read the message. All settings are now set for the LED to stay on, but still goes off after 15 mins. Is this as it should be? Thanks for your replies.
    12-04-11 07:48 AM
    There is a free app in AppWorld called Advanced Calls And LED Control. If you don't mind tinkering a bit, you will be able to make amazing changes to your notification light. I hope this is what you are looking for.
    12-04-11 07:52 AM
    Yes, 15 minutes is the native default. You can't change that. But there are a number of third party apps that will allow you to set the LED to flash longer.

In addition to what's named above, you can check out BerryBuzz.
    12-04-11 08:40 AM
    Thanks for all your replies. Will keep it at 15 mins for the time being.
    12-04-11 10:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD