I was watching a video on my blackberry curve. But it froze and I pulled out the battery. When I turned it back on, my text message icon vanished. It's not hidden. The only way to look at my texts are by going to my email icon, clicking view folder and reading my inbox sms messages.
    I'm so frustrated. Help !!! What can I do to get my icon back
    12-03-11 08:01 PM
    well seems like ur bb had a minor seizure. the only thing i can recommend is pull the batt again and if that doesn't do anything then you may have to reload the os. or upgrade to the most current one...assuming ur on the.4xx version. That's the os my bell 9380 came with. and try posting ur question at the blackberryforums.com forum. at the forum are a few extremely knowledgeable guys that may help you.
    12-04-11 04:43 AM
    Try this..it worked for me

1.- Go to App world, download and install Blackberry Protect app

2.- Once installed the phone will ask you to reboot. Hit the reboot now button

3. When the reboot is done..you should have your text message icon back in your home screen

Let me know how it went..Good Luck
    12-17-11 04:21 PM
    I had the same on my 9800. Try this, select any email account, go to options > Inbox Management and make sure Other Message Types the Text Message Types box is unticked.
    01-21-12 03:57 PM
    Thanks! The upgrade to the app solved the problem in 2 minutes
    07-19-13 03:24 PM
    please help, my text message icon has disappeared from my Blackberry Curve.
    How do I get it back?
    02-02-14 06:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD