Got my Att 9900 yesterday and have been playing with it since. What an incredible device! Upgraded it to .540 and have not experienced any issues at all. Battery life took me through today without an issue.

Got the phone as an upgrade from Costco for $50 (although I believe the price went up to $100). You can order on costco.com without membership (but I just bought the annual membership for $55 in case I need to exchange within 90 days). Benefits of Costco include great price and 90 day exchange in store.

When it came to a case, I wanted something that offered decent protection and would maintain the thinness of the 9900. Went with the oem hard shell in white. White looks GREAT! Really makes the device stand out. Got the case on Amazon for $13 after shipping.

I'm a college student coming from a 9800 which I liked a lot. I do a lot of texting and messaging so a BB is best for me. I'm not into games or useless apps etc.

Quick review:

Pros- My build quality (Mexico 4) is perfect (I was worried about misaligned or squeaking trackpad, etc. I have no problems whatsoever). Keyboard is best in the industry. I have an obsession with keyboards in general (typing on a Thinkpad now) and this keyboard is phenomenal. I love the aluminum frame ring and the thinness. Looks/feels very premium. OS7 has been working great for me. Screen quality is excellent (285ppi). Device is fast.

Cons- Like everybody else, I wish the camera had autofocus. That's it.

It's too bad more people don't check these devices out before buying Iphones or Androids....I've been showing friends my new phone and the response is always "wow this is nice". When I was checking devices out, salespeople would always look at my funny when I asked to see the 9900 first ("You don't want a Galaxy?")
    12-03-11 07:21 PM
    You got anymore photos with case on? Looks good from the one, but I'd like to see more if possible. Thanks.
    12-03-11 08:19 PM
    Another thing...does this effect NFC at all. May be a dumb question, but I see it does cover the back. Just curious.
    12-03-11 08:25 PM
    You got anymore photos with case on? Looks good from the one, but I'd like to see more if possible. Thanks.
    Another thing...does this effect NFC at all. May be a dumb question, but I see it does cover the back. Just curious.
    I have not tried NFC, but my guess is it does not.
    12-03-11 08:30 PM
    Nice review I got same white hard shell
    12-03-11 08:32 PM
    I think everybodies bought that white case lol. I have one too, got it at a steal on amazon and just bought another hard shell case from amazon too that has flowers all over it but I think that one might just be for weekends because I'm not too terribly crazy about it sliding everywhere.
    12-03-11 09:03 PM
    I have not tried NFC, but my guess is it does not.
    Man that is an awesome case. I really hope NFC worked. I'd get the white case without question if I had a definite answer. Thanks for the photos.
    12-04-11 02:46 AM
    My only con: Was expecting 8mp w/ autofocus
    12-04-11 02:54 AM
    Wow the hardshell looks good on it..probably going to search for it..have been using the in box pouch until now
    12-04-11 02:54 AM
    Saw it in the store..thought it would look weird..saw this post..gonna buy it tomorrow haha
    12-04-11 03:59 AM
    You're absolutely right about sales people. It annoyes me to no end how they tend to steer people straight to the dumb touch screen toys on display. And believe me, there are lots of dumb people around. The ignorance towards BB is incredible.

P.S. Sorry I went a bit off topic. The case looks great in white. I'm considering one myself. And I hope you did get a good screen protector already.

Cheers
    Last edited by etul; 12-04-11 at 04:22 AM.
    12-04-11 04:17 AM
    thanks for the nice words! still loving the device and the case.

i plan on skipping on a screen protector. imo the screen is too beautiful to cover up. i always have my phone in an empty pocket and the time i had my torch screen naked it's been flawless.

if i end up scratching it, a new digitizer is like $25 and i'll end up learning my lesson
    12-04-11 11:15 AM
    thanks for the nice words! still loving the device and the case.

i plan on skipping on a screen protector. imo the screen is too beautiful to cover up. i always have my phone in an empty pocket and the time i had my torch screen naked it's been flawless.

if i end up scratching it, a new digitizer is like $25 and i'll end up learning my lesson
    I've never had to repair a screen, so I don't know to what extent those solutions work.
    A high quality protector can actually reduce drag (provide smoother finger sliding) and minimize prints. I'm currently using a Seidio Ultra Clear and you can't tell it's on, until you look closely at the LED+proximity sensor area where you can see a small oval cutout in the film. I find it easier to clean than a bare glass surface. Also, this film and most others are the "cling" type, so it's very easy to remove and leaves no residue. Last, but not least, a good film provides some extra impact resistance, reducing chances of cracking.
    Another really good brand I've used is Clarivue.
    Anyway, the way I see it, I'd rather spend $12.99 now, than more later.
    To each their own.
    12-04-11 12:43 PM
    i like the Oem one but i decided to get the casemate white. I think it looks great
    12-04-11 01:52 PM
    Saw this thread yesterday and then suddeny..
    Somebody tried today to sell me this case for 45 euro's i was like :O are you seriously?
    that's more than i paid for the upgrade!
    12-04-11 03:37 PM
    Hey, is there a 'carbon fibre' looking pattern on the backside of the case? And if it is, is it noticable? Because i'm going to buy a white 9900 and I can't choose between the white or black case..
    12-30-11 06:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD