Did a search, only saw results for purchases from CB/Mobihand for refunds. I had the very distinct displeasure of purchasing a program from Boardwalk Mobile called Sliderlock. Forgetting that it took a week to get a simple answer to a question, it seems that while the program is 'compatible' with the Torch 9800, it does not work properly. Long story short, the program is meant to be a better version of built in screen lock, as it stays locked until directed otherwise. Only problem is that once you engage the program, every time you open and close the slider the screen locks, despite checking and verifying settings were correct. Support at Boardwalk admitted that the program version was not 'fully compatible' with 9800, even though it 'works'. I am so tired of these vendors who claim compatibility but then admit, after hours of emails, that perhaps it isn't 100% compatible, or even close. Program was only $1.08, the money isn't the point, the question is, how do you get a refund from BB App World for something that doesn't work as advertised? Paid with PayPal, I could take it up with them, but searched site and of course, as expected, see nothing to indicate how to get a refund. Any suggestions appreciated, and I strongly suggest not purchasing from this vendor.....mistakes can always happen, but these people want to show you that you are an ***** even when you are right. I see a not so bright future for them and their two $1 programs. Thank you so much all.
    12-02-11 08:59 AM
    I would be interested in finding out that information also. I probably will go to my bank and stop the payment. I purchased Beweather for 9.99 and it did not download correctly on my 9930. App world charged my card and the money came out of my account. I have emailed Bellshare 2 times and have not gotten a peep out of them in 4 days. I have a receipt from app world and a license key from Bellshare. The app is not in My World or anywhere on my 9930. Yes I know where to look for downloads etc. I usually get good service from Bellshare and have many of their apps. The only way I can see of getting it is to stop the payment and buy again. Very frustrating. 9.99 is an amount I am not going to give up.
    12-02-11 11:28 AM
    Open a PayPal Item Dispute! Go to your PayPal account and click on the details of your transaction and look for...
    If there�s a problem with this transaction, you can attempt to resolve it directly with the seller by reporting it in the Resolution Center within 45 days of the transaction.
    Click on the link and select...
    Item dispute: I did not receive an item I purchased or the item I received is significantly not as described.
    I've had to do this before since, AppWorld offers absolutely no Customer Service it's the best and only way.

Good luck,
    Chris
    12-02-11 12:27 PM
    That is just what I did, thank you Chris. I just cannot stand these 'holier than thou' vendors who write crappy code, sell it, and then make you think you are an ***** when you have the temerity to suggest to them that there is a compatibility issue. There isn't much left in me to keep me in the BB camp, every day brings another challenge to something that use to be fun and simple. Now it's all a PITA.

Open a PayPal Item Dispute! Go to your PayPal account and click on the details of your transaction and look for... Click on the link and select...

I've had to do this before since, AppWorld offers absolutely no Customer Service it's the best and only way.

Good luck,
    Chris
    12-02-11 01:39 PM
    I would be interested in finding out that information also. I probably will go to my bank and stop the payment. I purchased Beweather for 9.99 and it did not download correctly on my 9930. App world charged my card and the money came out of my account. I have emailed Bellshare 2 times and have not gotten a peep out of them in 4 days. I have a receipt from app world and a license key from Bellshare. The app is not in My World or anywhere on my 9930. Yes I know where to look for downloads etc. I usually get good service from Bellshare and have many of their apps. The only way I can see of getting it is to stop the payment and buy again. Very frustrating. 9.99 is an amount I am not going to give up.
    If you have a "key" just go here:
    www.bellshare.com • View topic - Public Beta: BerryWeather 2.6
    and download the lastest version of BeWeather. Then enter your key code to activate.
    12-02-11 03:10 PM
    Problem is I used Paypal, so it's out of my checking account already. I did start the complaint process with Paypal, they start by contacting seller, and if refund is not forthcoming, a complain can be started with Paypal itself. As I said, $1.08 isn't a deal breaker for me, I have just started to HATE these incompetent coders who just cannot or will not admit that perhaps their program has bugs. You are lucky with Bellshare, I've given up ever expecting any technical support from them for anything, Crackberry family knows as much as they do. The ONLY vendor that I see give virtually instant, friendly, correct support is Cheetah Ace from Nikkisoft.....great programs, he is friendly, helpful, never arrogant.....I hope he is making a lot of money, he understands customer service. If I could find where this Boardwalk vendor resides I'd take the time to bring them to small claims court just to bust their balls.....such arrogance. They really intimiated that I was an *****.....sure, pay us for a program that does what the button on the top of the BB does but doesn't really. Just makes my blood boil.

12-03-11 08:41 AM
    Paypal sides with the buyer like 99% of the time in a dispute. They will contact the seller who probably won't even bother to respond. You should have your refund in a couple of days.
    12-03-11 09:32 AM
    Thanks Jaji......this has absolutely nothing to do with the money and is about the sc--bag vendor(s) that sell these products knowing full well that they have compatibility issues. I can deal with bugs, they get worked out, but telling me that the program is 100% compatible because it 'works' on the Torch just gets me really hot under the collar. Plus miserable, non-responsive support, a 2 item FAQ.....I started another thread suggesting that RIM, at least on their store, start vetting applications to see if they work. Apple does it. As I said, to many freaking phones, but that isn't my problem, it's RIM's and the code writers If it's to confusing, than just don't write programs for BB....I completely understand.....but don't conduct business like complete jerks!!!!!

Paypal sides with the buyer like 99% of the time in a dispute. They will contact the seller who probably won't even bother to respond. You should have your refund in a couple of days.
    12-03-11 03:00 PM
    Don't blame the developers. I would love to be able to offer refunds, but RIM doesn't give developers any way to do it. What I usually do if a problem can't be fixed (and the customer doesn't start out by swearing at me) is refund them via paypal and write off the 30% +10% tax RIM takes.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-03-11 07:11 PM
    If you have a "key" just go here:
    www.bellshare.com • View topic - Public Beta: BerryWeather 2.6
    and download the lastest version of BeWeather. Then enter your key code to activate.
    @tellsells

Thank you it workrd perfectly and I now have my app!
    12-05-11 02:39 PM
    I would love to have refund capability available in AppWorld vendor portal. We can easily do that on MobiHand for our Email++ product if need be. Fortunately, we did not have to do that yet as we were able to resolve any issue (mostly system/os version related) that may have encountered by our users. Another thing is to make the trial fully functional, so that users have the chance to try out all features before purchase. That's what we have done with our product.
    12-05-11 02:51 PM
    Dear Genius of Geniuses (I wish I were that smart),

If you read my thread(s), I'm not blaming the developer(s) for not being able to offer refunds, I'm annoyed (VERY) at being sold a bill of goods regarding a product(s) that is still a science experiment. I was very courteous to the developer/vendor, but they insisted on making me feel like I was an *****. I've had BB's since there were BB's, and this is a really simple app. However, instead of simply locking the screen and then unlocking it as the description stated, once you engage it the first time, it locked the screen dark every time you closed the slider. ONLY way to shut it down was to uninstall it. Hence them being arrogant a-holes telling me that it was compatible. To me, compatible means it works, not kind of works, or sometimes works. Just admit it doesn't, make it right however you can, and the next time the customer is happy to give you a try again. I wouldn't buy a cure for cancer from the a-wipes at Boardwalk whatever. Does that 'splain it?????

Don't blame the developers. I would love to be able to offer refunds, but RIM doesn't give developers any way to do it. What I usually do if a problem can't be fixed (and the customer doesn't start out by swearing at me) is refund them via paypal and write off the 30% +10% tax RIM takes.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-05-11 04:27 PM
    What the heck does your Bellshare issue have to do with this thread???????

@tellsells

Thank you it workrd perfectly and I now have my app!
    12-05-11 04:28 PM
    Unfortunately BB App World does not offer easy way to grant refunds, but:

If you have purchased an app via carrier billing, contact your carrier.

If you have purchased an app with credit card or PayPal account, send the purchase order to
    [email protected] and request a refund.

As confirmed by Alex Kinsela, this should be right way to handle refunds:
    How to handle refunds? - BlackBerry Support Community Forums
    12-06-11 05:08 AM
    Thanks for the advice I got confirmation of a refund from rim.
    08-29-12 09:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD