Here al the information you need to convert APK files to BAR files and install them on your Playbook

Step 1: Instal OS 2.0BETA You can register here

Step 2: Download HATAX his program and follow the instructions, here
    The first part of the instructions are easy just do what is says, problems you can have here that the maps aren't in the right place you have to put them on you c-drive -->C:\apk2bar
    The second part is harder to do, for signing the bar files. If you are good with a computer you will do it by following HATAX his instructions. Which didn't work for me. So i made a step 3 for those who failled here

Step 3: You need a .p12 file to sign you bar files that you have created to let them work. But you first have to create one.
    First you have to register for a key, here Then you will get 2 mails(can take 2 hours to get them). You have to download the 2 files in the mails.
    Then you will need an other program if you don't have it installed, blackberry WebWorks, that can you find here
    Then follow these instructions
    Have you loaded the required software on to your system? If so, I can give you the CMD commands. Very easy

I'm running Windows 7 so you're folders might be located differently.

- In windows explorer, go to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Research In Motion\BlackBerry WebWorks SDK for TabletOS 2.2.0.5\bbwp\blackberry-tablet-sdk\bin"
    - To find this folder, it might be easier to do a search for the "blackberry-tablet-sdk" folder
    - Copy the 2 *.csj files sent to you by RIM to the BIN folder.
    - open up a DOS window and go to the BIN folder. ex: cd "C:\Program Files (x86)\Research In Motion\BlackBerry WebWorks SDK for TabletOS 2.2.0.5\bbwp\blackberry-tablet-sdk\bin"
    - Now type the following with [password] = the password you put in when requesting your keys; and [client-RDK-x.CSJ] = your file name; [NAME] = anything you want to add.

blackberry-signer -cskdelete <ENTER>
    blackberry-signer -csksetup -cskpass [password] <ENTER>
    blackberry-signer -register -csjpin [password] -cskpass [password] [client-RDK-x.csj] <ENTER>
    blackberry-keytool -genkeypair -keystore PlayBookQNX.p12 -storepass [password] -dname "cn=[NAME]" -alias author <ENTER>

do not keep the square brakets when typing the code.

Depending on your OS, the barsigner.CSK and barsigner.db will be found in the following folder:

• Windows� XP: %HOMEPATH%\Local Settings\Application Data\Research In Motion
    • Windows Vista� and Windows 7�: %HOMEPATH%\AppData\Local\Research In Motion
    • Mac OS: ~/Library/Research In Motion
    • Unix / Linux: ~/.rim

The PlayBookQNX.p12 file goes where your signbar-HaTaX.bat file points to. As example:
    SET DEVCERTFILE= PlayBookQNX.p12
    SET DEVCERTPASS=[password]
    SET CSKPASS=[password]

This can be used as is if your .P12 file is in the apk2bar folder.

I recommend you make copies of your PlaybookQNX.P12, barsigner.CSK and barsigner.db and keep them in a safe place. If you don't and you're system crashes, you'll need to request new jeys and start all over.
    There i had a problem with the last command, i got an error <acces denied> because the map was protected under program files to replaced the map to my documents and it worked(then you have to change the link to the map also)

Step 4: Then you have completed the second step of HATAX his instructions. You can now convert a apk file to bar and then sign it and upload it to your playbook with the DDPB Installer

Important

- You don't have to install an Android player on your Playbook that it's allready installed in the 2.0 OS
    - If you don't know where to find android files just type apk files in to Google
    - See that you put everything in the right folder
    - Take your time to read the instructions and watch the tutorial video

2 Tutorial video's of oXProskillzXo:

In this video is you find the 3th step how to get your sign key and create the .p12 file to sign you bar-files
    [YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKnjadDc0M0[/YT]

This is the instalation of the apps to your playbook
    [YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSWv48opMsM[/YT]

I hoop this tutorial helps you guys

NO apk-bar converting Request here!!!!
    Last edited by RexBB; 12-02-11 at 10:06 AM.
    pixieloulou, bounce007 and orenzai like this.
    12-02-11 08:56 AM
    Thanks for the post one of the links isn't proper both the "register for the key here" and webworks that you can find here links take you to the webworks download. I think this is the proper one for the key request https://bdsc.webapps.blackberry.com/html5/signingkey
    Last edited by Zorgoth; 12-02-11 at 09:05 AM. Reason: typo
    12-02-11 09:03 AM
    Thanks for the post one of the links isn't proper both the "register for the key here" and webworks that you can find here links take you to the webworks download. I think this is the proper one for the key request https://bdsc.webapps.blackberry.com/html5/signingkey
    Fixed was just a copy past mistake from me
    12-02-11 10:06 AM
    Nvm, done.
    Last edited by hahree; 12-03-11 at 04:12 AM.
    12-03-11 02:05 AM
    If your .apk files aren't in the root you will have difficulty in Vista/7 with dragging and dropping.

Use this link as of step 6:
    10 Easy Steps to Package and Sign AIR Apps for PlayBook � Hemanth Sharma – Tech Blog
    12-03-11 10:12 PM
    it has taken me all weekend but I have finally got my key signing working. Thank you so much, I was ready to admit defeat until I saw your easy guide!!
    12-04-11 06:46 AM
    I hoop this tutorial helps you guys...
    Nice little instructional post. I "hoop" it helps those who can't follow HaTaX's guide...
    12-04-11 10:45 AM
    Nice little instructional post. I "hoop" it helps those who can't follow HaTaX's guide...
    That's the dutch word for hope
    12-04-11 04:58 PM
    Hi, thank a lot for your Tutorial.

All the apps that I converted from apk to bar doesn't works, I did all the steps and I think all is OK, my pc show me the messages of the tutorial, but when I try to tranfer to my PB, the app not installed, never appear the icon of the app, so, can you tell me something with my issue please.

Thanks in advance.
    12-11-11 09:19 PM
    Hi, I keep getting this error and i dont know how to resolve it. can anyone help? "Error: Certificate chain not found for: RDK. RDK must reference a valid KeyStore key entry containing a private key and corresponding public key certificate chain."
    12-13-11 01:33 PM
    Hi. I seem to be able to execute all the commands just fine but problem is when I drag an apk onto the batch file, the cmd comes out and says that the bar file should be where my apk file is but I cant seem to find it. I tried it on both files on diff locations of the directory. Am I doing smth wrong?

EDIT: I figured it out! haha didnt know you had to put it in the apk2bar folder for it to work. thanks for this awesome tool!
    Last edited by orenzai; 12-14-11 at 03:42 AM.
    12-14-11 02:38 AM
    got it working thanks , found the problem
    made a quick vedio what you supost to see
    Last edited by Wirelezz; 12-18-11 at 02:12 PM.
    12-18-11 10:46 AM
    got it working thanks , found the problem
    made a quick vedio what you supost to see
    Excellent friend ... can you tell me the 2nd command please, I can not see in the video.

Thanks!!
    12-18-11 04:07 PM
    Excellent friend ... can you tell me the 2nd command please, I can not see in the video.

Thanks!!
    signbar-HaTaX.bat C:\Temp\xxxxx.bar
    hopefully you have your bat file edited with the p12 file path and password
    12-18-11 06:54 PM
    signbar-HaTaX.bat C:\Temp\xxxxx.bar
    hopefully you have your bat file edited with the p12 file path and password
    Awsome!! Now I can!! Thanks a lot!!
    12-19-11 09:25 AM
    I just want say thanks to my friend wirelezz yesterday
    He help me remote on cpu how to convert apk2bar and sign
    12-21-11 06:22 AM
    Hi there, I've tried to do the process, but when I'm trying to create QNX.p12 file and I'm sure, I'm giving right password as well, then why is it giving me an error "Error: QNX.p12 <Access Denied>"? Can you please help me in this? I'm using Windows 7, so do you think that opening CMD as Administrator will solve my problem or is there any other way to do it? Kindly please help me as soon as possible as I really want to have my hands on my new android apps on my Playbook.
    Thanks.
    01-01-12 02:08 PM
    Ok, so I followed all your instructions and was able to sign the bar files and then uploaded them on my playbook. The problem is that all the applications' icons are showing on PB, but when I click it, nothing happens. Pl help. I am stuck since forever and now when I finally do it, things don't work.
    01-04-12 12:37 AM
    I'm unable to use this HaTaX. I have all the required SDK (- Android SDK 2.3.3 API 10 revision 2; - Java JDK 7 update 2; -BlackBerry Tablet OS SDK for Adobe Air 1.1.1; Adobe Air 3.1 SDK) I have given the exact paths in the .bat file to android-sdk where I'd installed it (i.e. C:\android-sdk). But whenever I try to convert an .apk to a .bar file it says,

"You have not entered your Android SDK path into the batch file,
    or you have not loaded the proper SDK platform yet. (API10)

Please open "apk2bar-HaTaX.bat" with notepad and change line 12,
    "SET ANDROIDSDK=" with the path to the Android SDK containing the
    Android 2.3.3 (API10) SDK Platform.

EX:
    SET ANDROIDSDK=C:\android-sdk

Exiting..."

I have also watched the video tutorial of it. And I've have done exact things according to the video.
    01-24-12 10:43 AM
    can someone confirm that this method works on paid apks, thanks
    01-24-12 11:05 AM
    I'm unable to use this HaTaX. I have all the required SDK (- Android SDK 2.3.3 API 10 revision 2; - Java JDK 7 update 2; -BlackBerry Tablet OS SDK for Adobe Air 1.1.1; Adobe Air 3.1 SDK) I have given the exact paths in the .bat file to android-sdk where I'd installed it (i.e. C:\android-sdk). But whenever I try to convert an .apk to a .bar file it says,

"You have not entered your Android SDK path into the batch file,
    or you have not loaded the proper SDK platform yet. (API10)

Please open "apk2bar-HaTaX.bat" with notepad and change line 12,
    "SET ANDROIDSDK=" with the path to the Android SDK containing the
    Android 2.3.3 (API10) SDK Platform.

EX:
    SET ANDROIDSDK=C:\android-sdk

Exiting..."

I have also watched the video tutorial of it. And I've have done exact things according to the video.
    It may be an issue with properly quoting the fully qualified filename. Try opening a command window ([Win]+[R], cmd, [enter]); drag hatax's batch to window and release; type a [space]; drag the apk to the window and release; press [enter]. Ensure that there is a double-quote around each path+filename. If not, redo and add the quotes as necessary. E.g., "c:\abc\blah blah.bat" "f:\123\not me.apk"
    01-24-12 11:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD