i currently own the 9700 and am planning to upgrade to the 9790.. but i'm curious to know.. will there be a charging pod for it?

there doesn't seem to be any contact points for charging from the pictures and videos i've seen and i wasn't able to find any charging pod accessories for it either =/
    12-01-11 09:00 PM
    i currently own the 9700 and am planning to upgrade to the 9790.. but i'm curious to know.. will there be a charging pod for it?

there doesn't seem to be any contact points for charging from the pictures and videos i've seen and i wasn't able to find any charging pod accessories for it either =/
    I have the same question. I believe this is the OEM pod;

BlackBerry Charging/Sync Pod for Bold 9790 (ACC43419101) - CrackBerry Canada

But it obviously use the USB connection at the bottom of the device. My concern is that BB's USB connections usually look flimsy, and may not withstand daily constant connection/disconnection, but that may be my prejudice. I prefer charging contacts as it is easier for the device.

Also, OEM pod may take only a bare device (without any sort of case). Perhaps Seidio might have something that may take the one with case.

Appreciate any hands-on experience.
    mike_minh likes this.
    12-01-11 09:21 PM
    thanks for providing the link! glad to know there is a pod available..

but yeah, i charge my 9700 every night and i'm afraid if i do the same with the 9790, it'll wear out the port. i've experienced it once before with my razr

still debating to get a 9900 or 9790
    12-01-11 09:58 PM
    still debating to get a 9900 or 9790
    After so many months of waiting, I purchased a 9900 when it finally launched. But I returned it in 3 days, partly because it was too large, partly because overly long waiting waned me off by the time it became available. Yes, the keyboard was large enough for comfy typing and all that.
    But 9780 form factor has something sweet. It is an ideal toss-around daily-carry workhorse, than a pretentious 9900. AF camera is important for business, so is the battery life. I'm going to buy it soon to replace my 9780, which BTW is awesome and the upgrading to 9790 might be so incremental. But I need a bit better browsing.

Regarding the charging pod, I agree that I do have a bit of concern on having to use the USB connection all the time but that's the way it was during Moto Razr era too. One advantage the 9790 style charging pod has is its syncing capability. Previous pods are for charging only. We'll see.
    12-02-11 04:05 PM
    i played with my co-worker's 9900 and felt the same as well.. just a little too wide for my own liking

i love my 9700 but the 9790 seems so tempting to get! lol

there's only two things that i don't like about the 9790 though.. i'm not a fan of the home row buttons and i would have preferred the back to be like the 9900! it just looks so nice! i can only imagine the back of the 9790 feels like the back of the playbook

you bring up a very good point about the possibility of being able to transfer data with the pod.. that would make it convenient as well!
    12-03-11 12:22 AM

BlackBerry Charging/Sync Pod for Bold 9790 (ACC43419101) - CrackBerry Canada

tintin123456 likes this.
    12-29-11 03:13 AM
    Thanks! Just ordered one. Shipping is CAD$29.95!!!! Anyway, I really need one.

Tintin
    12-30-11 09:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD