I ordered a BlackBerry PlayBook from ShopBlackberry.com on 11/25.

I received a confirmation email a few hours later, but on 11/27 I check my bank account right after the order and the money for the playbook was taken out by blackberry, but i check the next day and the money was refunded back to my account.

I sent an email to blackberry and they said it would take "several days" to process my order.

I have been trying to call their customer service for 3 days and all I get is a busy tone or no sound at all.

Has anyone else experienced the same problems? Do you think my order has been canceled?
    I made the mistake of not making an account on shopblackberry.com so I cannot just log in and check my order status....

Thanks for the help
    Willard814 likes this.
    11-30-11 06:11 PM
    Read this.
    11-30-11 06:13 PM
    That has nothing to do with my situation.

My order was not "high risk" and I did not receive an email remotely close to oemastiff's email.

The number on the card I used to order matched my billing address.
    Willard814 likes this.
    11-30-11 06:15 PM
    Since your money was refunded back to you, I would say it was cancelled. No harm, no foul.
    11-30-11 06:18 PM
    you were probably not "charged" for the pb. it was probably just an "pre-authorization." Either way keep trying to call and find out
    dbeir likes this.
    11-30-11 06:20 PM

I received a confirmation email a few hours later, but on 11/27 I check my bank account right after the order and the money for the playbook was taken out by blackberry, but i check the next day and the money was refunded back to my account.

I sent an email to blackberry and they said it would take "several days" to process my order.

I have been trying to call their customer service for 3 days and all I get is a busy tone or no sound at all.

Has anyone else experienced the same problems? Do you think my order has been canceled?
    I made the mistake of not making an account on shopblackberry.com so I cannot just log in and check my order status....

Thanks for the help
    The $ could have been a test to make sure you had sufficient funds.
    11-30-11 06:21 PM
    you were probably not "charged" for the pb. it was probably just an "pre-authorization." Either way keep trying to call and find out
    I have been trying to call them for 3 days now, and I cant even get a dial tone.

Ive called over 40 times and each call lasts under 10 seconds because either the number wont ring or I get a busy signal....

11-30-11 06:23 PM
    I ordered mines on Monday from shopblackberry.com and the money was taken out and then put back. I checked my online account today and the money has been taken out. I sent several emails trying to cancel my order yesterday, but apparently they dont check their email since my account was debited today. Calling them is a joke.
    Willard814 likes this.
    11-30-11 06:33 PM
    I ordered mines on Monday from shopblackberry.com and the money was taken out and then put back. I checked my online account today and the money has been taken out. I sent several emails trying to cancel my order yesterday, but apparently they dont check their email since my account was debited today. Calling them is a joke.
    I ordered on 11/25 and just checked my online account and the money still hasnt been taken out. . . .

And ya calling them is definitely a joke. If you get lucky, youll hear a busy signal.

Im thinking about cancelling my order. The customer service is just sickening.
    mud314 likes this.
    11-30-11 06:37 PM
    Did anyone else order a playbook on 11/25??
    And have you received it yet??
    11-30-11 06:44 PM

Thanks for the help
    I am pretty much in the same situation as you, i failed to make an account so i have no online order tracking and we only got the confirmation email.

Try using Skype to call the number, it worked for me when my land line phone just got silence, but they were closed, evan though it was BEFORE 8pm Eastern....
    11-30-11 07:03 PM
    Good luck with trying to cancel. I sent about 7 emails on Tuesday asking them to cancel my order. I think I called about 50 times with no answer, the phone wouldn't even ring. Only to find out today that they took the money out anyway. I called Wellsfargo and asked them to stop the payment (it is still in the pending column). I picked up my pb today from Walmart that I ordered online @walmartt.com ( Walmart was such a better experience). This has been the worst experience I have ever had in online customer service.
    mud314 likes this.
    11-30-11 07:04 PM
    Did anyone else order a playbook on 11/25??
    And have you received it yet??
    I ordered same as you, I had a pending charge for 189.00 but It got removed, at this point I sent a few emails asking them to just cancel this order and I have informed my bank too.

Just gonna go ahead and get one locally. Worse expirence ever online.
    11-30-11 07:10 PM
    Buy the bundle from Walmart & then return the accessories. Based on the current price, which is higher than over the weekend, that should get you the 16gb for $199. I got the 32gb over the weekend because I wasn't getting a warm & fuzzy feeling from SBB about getting my order, boy, did that turnout to be a clairvoyant moment!
    Willard814 likes this.
    11-30-11 07:14 PM
    Good luck with trying to cancel. I sent about 7 emails on Tuesday asking them to cancel my order. I think I called about 50 times with no answer, the phone wouldn't even ring. Only to find out today that they took the money out anyway. I called Wellsfargo and asked them to stop the payment (it is still in the pending column). I picked up my pb today from Walmart that I ordered online @walmartt.com ( Walmart was such a better experience). This has been the worst experience I have ever had in online customer service.
    This has also been my worst experience with online purchasing. Its ridiculous how shopblackberry.com is handling the situation. If they werent ready for so many orders then why even reduce the prices? I dont understand their logic.

I think ill go your route. The only reason I purchased online was to avoid the $15+ tax here in CA, but now I really wouldnt mind, as long as it is easier than to deal with this horrible customer serivce.

Thanks Guys
    11-30-11 09:24 PM
    i was about the buy the bundle at walmart but it says explicitly that the 16gb is out of stock (in the text of the website). It still lets you select the 16gb and checkout... im worried about placing an order and having it be canceled.

what do you guys think? my hunch is its still sold out since its gone everywhere...
    11-30-11 09:29 PM
    i was about the buy the bundle at walmart but it says explicitly that the 16gb is out of stock (in the text of the website). It still lets you select the 16gb and checkout... im worried about placing an order and having it be canceled.

what do you guys think? my hunch is its still sold out since its gone everywhere...
    Walmart.com: BlackBerry PlayBook 7.0" Color Touchscreen Entertainment Tablet PC Bundle: Computers

It says "In Stock" on this link. Check it out!

.. And do you guys think I could return all the extra accesories if I purchase the bundle? or will they only accept returns when it includes the actual tablet?
    11-30-11 09:33 PM
    I actually canceled my order today with shopblackberry as I don't like the idea of calling a place that never answers the phone, nor getting any shipping information. They only respond to emails with automated emails. In my email I told them I tried to call them for a couple days and no one answers and I told them to cancel the order for SBCAXXXXXXXXX and to refund the money to my credit card immediately, or I will do a charge back. I went and bought one from staples instead.

Even though the Playbook has been out for quite some time, I might post a review soon.
    Last edited by Megacharge; 11-30-11 at 09:36 PM.
    11-30-11 09:34 PM
    im worried about placing an order and having it be canceled.

I'd say if you want something then you give it a shot, what's the worse thing that could happen ? A refund ?
    11-30-11 09:34 PM
    I actually canceled my order today with shopblackberry as I don't like the idea of calling a place that never answers the phone, nor getting any shipping information.

Bought one from staples instead. Even though the Playbook has been out for quite some time, I might post a review soon.
    how did you cancel your order with shopblackberry? I want to cancel mine right now and use a different alternative such as walmart
    11-30-11 09:36 PM
    yeah, it lets you select the 16gb one for sure... but if you actual read the text on the page it says in 2 places:
    BlackBerry PlayBook 7" Touchscreen Tablet:

1GHz Dual Core Processor
    Choose from 32, 64GB On-board Storage Options (16GGB is Sold out)

My issue is i might buy one from a local person tomorrow for 250$ but obviously i'd rather do this... i wonder how long it would take for me to find out if this is valid. annoying.
    11-30-11 09:38 PM
    how did you cancel your order with shopblackberry? I want to cancel mine right now and use a different alternative such as walmart
    Yeah, how...i can't get through to them in any way, phone or email.
    11-30-11 09:39 PM
    i'd rather have this and the chargers but dont want to deal with the annoying process of thinking its coming and getting an email a week later saying the order was canceled or some crap. Has anyone bought from walmart.com before? are they better than shopbb?
    11-30-11 09:39 PM
    I don't know if they canceled it yet, I just sent an email to both [email protected] and [email protected] and sent them both the same message, that no one answers the phones and to cancel my order immediately or I'll do a charge back. My order shows as it's not shipped yet, it's just "received" so it's no problem anyways. If it has already shipped then it's their fault for not answering their phone or properly updating their order statuses.
    11-30-11 09:41 PM
    the 16gb isnt listed at walmart.com by itself either, u can only find it through this weird combo deal which makes me think its a website bug... ugh
    11-30-11 09:41 PM
460 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD