RIM is right now in a difficult time with lower sales of their mobile phones mainly because apple and android.

I think that right now is time that RIM changes a lot of things to sell more phones, one thing they can do is to drop their OS and use android in their phones.

They can keep the exclusivity of blackbberry messenger and the push mail, also they will have that great keyboard phones as a selling point.

If they do this amazing and smart move they will be again one of the top mobile companies in the world.

People that wants a new phone would love to buy a blackberry because you have thousands of apps from android, the exclusivity of bbm with your pin number and the great push mail.

If you see what nokia has done with their os to drop it and use windows was a smart move, RIM needs to do this type of things if they want to stay on the market.

What do you think, I have a bold 9900 with OS 7 and I don't think that their OS has something amazing after using and having and iphone 4S.

Their best bet is to move to Android because it is impossible to use ios.
    11-29-11 09:56 PM
    Sorry, but I have to ask this... Are you smoking crack?

Screwing with a brand that's working isn't a good way to retain customers. ...just ask Netflix.

Anybody remember this?

Last edited by PynkFloydd; 11-29-11 at 10:46 PM.
    11-29-11 09:59 PM
    I'd like some of that Crack too! This has to be the 2nd most insane post I've seen in years. I don't believe IOS or Android has anything over BBOS...

I believe the OP needs to go back to IOS/iHPONE and stay far away from RIM devices.
    11-29-11 10:10 PM
    if RIM put Android as their OS, I'd just go buy a Samsung phone.

I'd like to see a BBX device with no carrier "crap" apps installed on it. With a keyboard. That's all I need.
    habanero61 likes this.
    11-29-11 10:21 PM
    ohhhhh a RIMdroid... I might actually like that lol. :P
    But ya, not gunna happen.
    11-29-11 10:24 PM
    Horrible idea at best. If you want android...buy one.
    11-29-11 10:25 PM
    a RIM product running android os....... don't think I've heard that work in the past...

also if they did that the phone would be similar to a Samsung Replenish

Anyone ever run to the store to buy a Samsung Replenish....???

Did Not Think So
    gladiatorofyale likes this.
    11-29-11 10:28 PM
    RIM is right now in a difficult time with lower sales of their mobile phones mainly because apple and android.

I think that right now is time that RIM changes a lot of things to sell more phones, one thing they can do is to drop their OS and use android in their phones.

They can keep the exclusivity of blackbberry messenger and the push mail, also they will have that great keyboard phones as a selling point.

If they do this amazing and smart move they will be again one of the top mobile companies in the world.

People that wants a new phone would love to buy a blackberry because you have thousands of apps from android, the exclusivity of bbm with your pin number and the great push mail.

If you see what nokia has done with their os to drop it and use windows was a smart move, RIM needs to do this type of things if they want to stay on the market.

What do you think, I have a bold 9900 with OS 7 and I don't think that their OS has something amazing after using and having and iphone 4S.

Their best bet is to move to Android because it is impossible to use ios.
    Terrible idea.

Android is fully of security flaws and many many bugs.

I am not saying Rim is perfect, but just running Androids buggy OS on it will not solve the problem, not to mention, BBs are underpowered. In order to run that OS smoothly, they will need to increase their specs, which means they will overvalue their already over priced phones (Why is the bold 200 or even 250 with a contract, and why did the playbook come with no native email client, but a 500 price tag?)

what they need to do, is stop half assing things. BBX is on its way, and if the playbook is any indication, it will run smooth and be the intuitive platform blackberry has always been with solid battery life and solid performance where it counts. Allowing android apps to run is great but I have had a few Android phones and they were top of the line (Atrix2 and GS2) but what ruins the experience, is always the OS. Then on top of that, the lack of fixes or knowledge of when your carrier will get a fix.

If RIM would have pulled the playbook and BBX out earlier, I think they would be doing fine and had blown up this holiday season.
    11-29-11 10:36 PM
    Yeah, maybe they should just use Huawei hardware too

Ignoring the fact that that RIM sales are actually growing (albeit at a slower pace than their main competitors), one of RIM's strengths is security, something Android is lacking.
    11-29-11 10:38 PM
    OP....You sure are one brave individual for posting those insanities. And although I admire your fearlessness....... Naaaa!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    poorsha likes this.
    11-29-11 10:50 PM
    Just go buy an Android. LOL.
    11-29-11 10:50 PM
    ughh definitely NO.
    11-29-11 10:55 PM
    I would get a Galaxy S II or III he he if RIM ever did that. Nobody realizes how quick I can get things done on my BB. With apps like shortcutme and myownicons, my 9900 is unstopable! So what I can't watch Netflix or do Skype (can't on my playbook either) but I have my cheap Ipod touch for that, and I am not working when I need those two, so best yet to keep it out of my business phone
    11-29-11 10:57 PM
    OP hasn't heard of BBX which is pretty much powerful enough to run Android anyways.
    iThamerBB likes this.
    11-29-11 10:58 PM
    Android on BB phones wouldn't work because then the OS would be vulnerable to many attacks.
    clowrym likes this.
    11-29-11 11:02 PM
    Actually I am not an Android fan, I am an Apple fan, I have buy all the iphone versions since they release them, right now I have an iphone 4S and the bold 9900. After using ios for a long time and after using blackberry os 7 there is no way that RIM could be in the mobile business without moving to android.

Believe me I can't see how RIM could survive without doing something like using android, their new OS has more bugs than any android version, right now I am on my third bold 9900 because of the bricking issue, and I am avoiding having another bricked phone by not charging it on the night, or removing the power after it is full charged.

The bricking issue is software releated, I have never seen in the last 5 years a phone that there is no way to fix it, this is a big bug and no other phone has this type of bug.

Another bug from blackberry os 7 is that after using it for some days everything gets too slow and you need to hard boot your blackberry.

Why people would choose a blackberry using android instead of a samsung phone because blackberry is the only phone that could have BBM and push mail. This two features are the only ones that make people buy a blackberry.

ios and android are light years ahead of rim os. Look at palm they disappeared, look at simbian from nokia it is also dead, if rim wants to keep selling phones in the future they need a great OS like Android with thousands and not hundred apps.
    Last edited by lke1; 11-29-11 at 11:17 PM.
    11-29-11 11:12 PM
    I dont agree with you but android app loader in the os could be the thing!
    11-29-11 11:17 PM
    Even if that idea was plausible and its not the whole concept is wonky. Besides Android tried that form factor. How many Droid Pros have you seen in the wild other than in the store. Bet not many.
    11-29-11 11:18 PM
    Funny how that OS that is "vulnerable to attack" and "has many bugs" is doing a little bit better than BBOS. Of course, BBX will convert the "sheep" that have moved on...

Funny, because one of the biggest factors that made me consider moving on was one RIM exec who told me that I should expect buggy devices. Alrighty.

Six months ago, I would have laughed at it. Now? Not so sure it could not happen. The one thing that Android has that RIM doesn't is a thriving, functional ecosystem.

RIM is nowhere near needing to make that decision right now, but it isn't as crazy as some diehard loyalist would like to pretend it is.

Show of hands: if anyone had said RIM would find away to support Android and iOS in Enterprise just twelve months ago, who here would not have told that person to seek psychiatric help. Anyone?
    11-29-11 11:27 PM
    If you are iPhone fan, then why you are here in this forum ? I think i know the answer, because iPhone is a little boring, right ?
    11-29-11 11:27 PM
    Even if that idea was plausible and its not the whole concept is wonky. Besides Android tried that form factor. How many Droid Pros have you seen in the wild other than in the store. Bet not many.
    I think you missed the theory. RIM hardware, Android software.
    11-29-11 11:28 PM
    That's like selling your soul. Why would RIM do that? If you love Android that much why don't you buy the nexus or some of those htc phones? Going to a bb forum suggesting such a crazy idea would really draw you these kind of reactions.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-29-11 11:50 PM
    The reason "Android" is outselling RIM is because you are lumping 52 hardware manufacturers together. Only Apple and HTC are outselling RIM when you look at the companies separately
    11-30-11 12:20 AM
    The reason "Android" is outselling RIM is because you are lumping 52 hardware manufacturers together. Only Apple and HTC are outselling RIM when you look at the companies separately
    So, RIM should simply make more then... LOL.

It would be silly to say that availability and range in price don't help Android. You can get a smartphone for cheap. Still, that ecosystem is something that RIM needs (IMHO).

Again, not saying that it would ever happen. I have said that it never would before. I also was sure that we'd never see Winmo running on Palm hardware, and I recall how that ended up.
    11-30-11 12:34 AM
    You can drive a car with your feet, but that don't make it a good idea. As a business professional I have had android and ios. Both tried to meet my expectations but I keep coming back to RIM. Battery life, keyboard, security and ease of communications is where RIM caters. If I was a 12 year old girl and only needed apps to tell my friends I am taking a picture in my bathroom, I will go to another OS.
    11-30-11 12:35 AM
102 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD