My college-age son got a Motorola Droid Razr for an early Christmas present, and I was forced to admit that it made my 9850, which I had been so proud of, looks pitiful in comparison. He got the lap-dock, which provides a screen, keyboard, and USB mouse support, and it honestly behaves like a modestly powered small laptop, with full Firefox and Java, Open Office, NetFlix and other media applications, a blindingly fast LTE network connection, etc, etc. He plans to pack it in his backpack to class rather than his Mac laptop, since it weighs so much less than the laptop. He also got a navigation dock for use in his car, which causes the phone to switch to a screen that looks like a standalone navigation device like a TomTom.

He calls my Blackberry a one-trick horse (e-mail & messaging). I will be keeping my Blackberry, since that one trick is what is most important for me personally, but it was painful to watch. It made me see why Blackberry is in third place for smart phones.
    Saad Anas likes this.
    11-28-11 05:30 PM
    Think of it this way: his is more likely to get stolen, but yours isn't!
    11-28-11 06:02 PM
    Is it fair to compare the two? I'd consider the 9850 to a bit older, no?
    11-28-11 06:10 PM
    RIM needs someone like jobs to get back in business..... my 0.02$
    11-28-11 08:24 PM
    Unless they change this will be my last BB. My family in Indonesia all has BB's and that was the only reason I didn't already change to an Android or iPhone. The next time though...that may change. RIM just doesn't get it any more~
    11-29-11 04:27 AM
    Ask him to replace his battery, or type without having to use two hands... :-)

Its all about the experience and what you use the most.
    11-29-11 05:51 AM
    Honestly I think Android is a gimmick. If you want a reliable phone that the battery actual lasts a day on, BlackBerry is the winner.
    SirLancelot1986 likes this.
    12-01-11 02:42 AM
    apples and oranges......its a much higher end device with opensource programming.
    12-01-11 11:57 PM
    great questions... I love the BB reduced keyboard it kicks arse

Ask him to replace his battery, or type without having to use two hands... :-)

Its all about the experience and what you use the most.
    SirLancelot1986 likes this.
    12-03-11 02:21 AM
    Its all about what you want in a phone. I'm in loooove with my 9850.
    12-03-11 03:35 AM
    My college-age son got a Motorola Droid Razr for an early Christmas present, and I was forced to admit that it made my 9850, which I had been so proud of, looks pitiful in comparison. He got the lap-dock, which provides a screen, keyboard, and USB mouse support, and it honestly behaves like a modestly powered small laptop, with full Firefox and Java, Open Office, NetFlix and other media applications, a blindingly fast LTE network connection, etc, etc. He plans to pack it in his backpack to class rather than his Mac laptop, since it weighs so much less than the laptop. He also got a navigation dock for use in his car, which causes the phone to switch to a screen that looks like a standalone navigation device like a TomTom.

He calls my Blackberry a one-trick horse (e-mail & messaging). I will be keeping my Blackberry, since that one trick is what is most important for me personally, but it was painful to watch. It made me see why Blackberry is in third place for smart phones.

i feel you!!! here in quebec people are dropping rim and there berrys...its just not up to date anymore..i feel sad cause i love my berry but lets face it you play with an iphone, htc or samsung and your phone feels 10 years old..im gonna be honnest bbm is the only thing keeping me with rim...i really really really hope bbx superphone are a HUGE step from actual os 7 phones...a HUGE step...
    12-04-11 04:39 PM
    I thought Android were so cool until I tried one. Check out my thread. Yes, it's a media powerhouse but as a communication device it absolutely fails. Fails hard-core. See thread for details.

If you value the comm. part of a mobile phone more than media abilities, than stick with BB.
    12-04-11 05:40 PM
    honestly I hate android devices, I'm in love with my 9860
    12-04-11 08:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD