Let me start off by saying the playbook is awesome/bad ***/powerful little beast, and that i love it....

but.....

i have looked everywhere trying to find anybody else having this problem?

when i my screen is locked or off, the slightest touch wakes it back up...

so when i hit the screen off button and then want to store it away it turns right back on.

is this an OS feature or does mine have a bug, either way its pretty annoying when i am trying to store it away, place it back in the sleeve, or even just carry it.....

any info would be nice to know!

Thanks!
    TGoosh
    11-28-11 06:31 AM
    Did u try using the standby mode from the menu after hitting the battery icon. Activating it will put the PB into standby and the screen will only be activated upon swiping across the entire screen. Try that and see if you still have the problem.
    One more thing, try your storing away process away from other electronic devices, sometimes interference can cause the PB to act weird.
    Let us know how it goes
    TGoosh likes this.
    11-28-11 06:37 AM
    yea it still does it when i hit stand by mode from the battery icon and i also have the screen to enter stand by mode in 90seconds.

when you say swiping across the entire screen does this include from bottom to top, top to bottom, left to right, and right to left? i was under the impression that it should only do it from left to right when the screen is off, but i could go 3/4 to 1/2 screen swipe any direction and it comes back on.
    11-28-11 06:44 AM
    i bet you have OS2 beta... it happens to me since i installed it. i can make any gesture on the screen and i will wake up.
    11-28-11 07:35 AM
    If you have the standard OS (won't deal with beta) - try rebooting -

Press and HOLD all three keys for about 10 - 20 seconds: PowerOn, VolUp and VolDown
    11-28-11 09:05 AM
    I had this problem with OS2 beta, when its charging, it unlocks with a touch,but the official releases have been fine for me
    11-28-11 09:21 AM
    i just bought it friday... no OS2 beta... im running 1.0.8.495.

ill try the holding all three keys down and let ya know
    11-28-11 09:30 AM
    i just bought it friday... no OS2 beta... im running 1.0.8.495.

ill try the holding all three keys down and let ya know
    In future, just do a simple restart first. For 99.9% of issues, it accomplishes the same thing as a three button reboot.

As for your gesture issue, you have to move from the bezel edge to about 2/3rds across the screen to bring the unit out of standby in normal operation. Simple touches shouldn't be able to wake the device.
    TGoosh likes this.
    11-28-11 10:00 AM
    I have the same problem while its charging. Sometimes when its off chargers, running LiveProfile (Android) will cause it, but as of late, its been okay with android apps. Reboot fixes it for me.
    11-28-11 08:23 PM
    This happens with the password, if you disable the password it did not happen. This is from my personal experience
    01-05-12 10:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD