I'm trying to install the latest leak, but DM keeps freaking freezing during the backup. Any help? Is it necessary to backup before the update?

I'm trying to update my Bold 9900.
    11-27-11 11:56 PM
    I'm trying to install the latest leak, but DM keeps freaking freezing during the backup. Any help? Is it necessary to backup before the update?
    I'm trying to update my Bold 9900.
    Yes, it's good practice to backup your data BEFORE attempting changes to the OS. On installing OS v7.1: I had same problem. The solution is to install directly from PC. 1-Download OS v7.1 zip file (You have already done this), 2-On PC, go to C>Program files>Common files>Research in Motion>Delete Application Loader file. Yes' the whole file. 3-Go back to location of downloaded file OS v7.1. 4-double click to install. 5-After installation is complete, return to
    C>Program files>Common files>Research in Motion>Delete Application Loader file, open and delete Vendor. I recommend doing search for Vendor.xml and delete all. 6-Connect 9900 to PC. 7-Double click "Loader" and follow instructions. 8-Do a couple of "alt-shift-del" battery pulls and you are ready to go. Some apps used with previous OS may not be compatable with OS v7.1.
    12-01-11 06:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD