Got my new ATT Blackberry 9900 last week and I love it except that today I am noticing a weird squishy and squeaky sound when pressing the buttons adjacent to the track pad. When I press them slightly there is a slight squishy sound even though I am not pressing the button hard enough to register a click. The trackpad has the same sound. It just feels loose or something.

I am not sure if it was always there and I just started noticing today or it the buttons wearing in.

Anybody else experiencing this?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    11-27-11 02:29 AM
    it's common. when it's new, it'll squish and squeak.. with time and constant use, it will break in and be normal, no sound
    11-27-11 02:41 AM
    Had that on my Verizon 9930, but within 2-3 months of usage, it just went away.
    11-27-11 02:56 AM
    Got my new ATT Blackberry 9900 last week and I love it except that today I am noticing a weird squishy and squeaky sound when pressing the buttons adjacent to the track pad. When I press them slightly there is a slight squishy sound even though I am not pressing the button hard enough to register a click. The trackpad has the same sound. It just feels loose or something.

I am not sure if it was always there and I just started noticing today or it the buttons wearing in.

Anybody else experiencing this?

Bought mine day 1. First one squeaked terribly around the bb and return key. I just went back ad swapped it out. Don't settle....
    11-27-11 10:38 AM
    I just got a 9900 from vodaphone and immediately noticed the same problem. I compared it to my friend's 9900 from ATT and there is a significant difference.

I have the same squishy/very light click sound when I simply touch the trackpad, back button, and the hang up key, and they all feel loose. When compared to my friend's ATT, it is very loose/cheap feeling while the ATT is firm and solid.

When I place my phone flat and look at it horizontally, I notice that the plate that makes up the trackpad and the four surrounding keys is not set perfectly, and while it is set in perfectly around the call key, it is significantly raised from the trackpad all the way to the end call key. I was searching for awhile to see if anyone else had this problem and haven't been able to find much on it. I've only had this phone for about 2 days and was wondering if anyone else who had this problem (and said it went away) noticed the same problem with the setting of the keys...
    11-27-11 03:26 PM
    I have a 9900 with t-mobile and I developed this problem as well. However it only occurs with my Berry key. I'm just going to rough it out and hope that the problem goes away. Otherwise, I might go for a warranty exchange. My phone has not nuked itself yet so I don't want to receive a potentially nuking device knock on wood. I hear you. I'm a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to phones and it drives me insane that I'm having the same squishy button issue you're having.. You're not alone haha.
    11-27-11 05:00 PM
    Funny. The 9700 was super solid. Had it for 2 years and outside of some bumps and bruises, it still is solid. Gave it to my father in law after I got the 9900 and I had a hard time letting it go. Find myself playing with it when I go over his house.

The 9900 is a super premium device so it sucks to have these small issues. After hearing all of the differences between devices on these forums I don't want to let mine go. Mine has not nuked yet and it has a blue tint on the screen versus yellow. Never know what you will get if I return this.

11-27-11 09:13 PM
    my 9900 issued by Orange UK does the same thing, i just put up with it lol

my Vodafail UK one didnt tho
    11-28-11 05:37 AM
    Me too!! My make call and end call keys feel loose, creaky and squishy. I am very OCD about my phones this doesn't seem acceptable to me. But is it a worthy reason to ask for an exchange as the phone is still fully functional?
    05-02-12 07:33 PM
    I had the same problem on my first 9930 I returned it and got a replacement, which is perfect.
    05-02-12 07:51 PM
    i have the same problem, RIM.
    05-02-12 07:52 PM
    Just got by BB9900 last week and noticed the same squeak. It's most noticeable after pushing or sliding the track pad (makes the noise as it "bounces back"). I'm hoping it will go away just like some people say. Somewhat detracts from an otherwise great quality product.
    05-02-12 11:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD