Hello All,

Ever since upgrading my OS to 540 my battery life absolutely sucks. I easily lose about 12% of my battery life per hour so I get about 8 or so hours from a full charge. Basically I have to continously charge the batterry during the day.

I love this phone and it will take a bit more than this to make me give it up, but I was wondering if anyone can offer some tips to extending your battery life?

I have only UberSocial and Facebook running in the back ground, oh and what's app.

Any help would be appreciated.
    11-26-11 10:36 PM
    if your running uber social and facebook in the background and have them always looking for updates that will drain your battery very quickly. it takes a matter of seconds for facebook to update when you open it, so why run it all the time?
    11-26-11 10:51 PM
    Me having the same issue. i have very few apps running (i dont have any GPS enabled apps running all time, except for foursquare which i promptly close after each use) but the battery consumptions is too much, it lasts a maximum of 6-8 hours.
    11-26-11 10:54 PM
    Get a Nokia AC-6U charger and make sure your phone is running the latest operating system and you will have good battery life.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-26-11 11:04 PM
    How about downgrading you OS? I had the same problem with my 9900 (my wife has a 9860) and I downgraded the OS - problem solved.

11-27-11 12:30 AM
    New os's come out fair quick, a new one will leak soon enough.

I turn Bluetooth Off when I'm not using it.

I have Smart WiFi App which turns WiFi off depending in he cell tower my phone is using

I have Battery Booster App which monitors apps which are running in the background and not being used. It also turns wifi off when the phone is in the autolocking pouch.

I also looking for an auto battery pull app, this should clean slate the phone every morning. Auto Reboot doesnt work. Error message and app doesnt open.

Edit: Installed deReset, it works.

I will report back on the outcome of these new purchases. Just installed the above.
    Last edited by Rgainsmi; 11-27-11 at 04:28 AM.
    11-27-11 03:18 AM
    I was using a 9850 for a couple of weeks. I installed updated Yahoo Messenger from App World, but I never use it. All of a sudden my battery started to run down fast. I deleted Yahoo Messenger and then I got 12-16 hours battery life again.
    11-27-11 05:06 AM
    i get amazing battery life on .540. its all about what apps you have, how you use your phone and how diligent you are with closing your apps out properly. i keep my backlight on 10%, shut everything down properly, have apps update once an hour and delete problematic apps like scoremobile. i get under 2% discharge while at idle on wifi and 4G and like 3-4% during normal medium to heavy usage.
    11-27-11 07:19 AM
    Get a Nokia AC-6U charger and make sure your phone is running the latest operating system and you will have good battery life.

You can leed a horse to water.
    11-27-11 04:39 PM
    Hour of use and I'm down to 86%, couple of emails, couple of FB posts, some RSS reading.

The SmartWiFi app turned off the wifi as advertised...pretty cool...
    11-27-11 05:53 PM
    You can leed a horse to water.
    explain how this charger is supposed to help before the rest of crackberry goes thirsty then. i dont see how this would help at all over any other charger.
    11-27-11 07:20 PM
    Me use Blackberry Charger, Phone die quick. Me use Nokia Charger, Phone last longer.
    Last edited by olblueyez; 11-27-11 at 09:08 PM.
    11-27-11 08:35 PM
    explain how this charger is supposed to help before the rest of crackberry goes thirsty then. i dont see how this would help at all over any other charger.
    slower rate of charge usually gives a better charge to a battery .
    11-27-11 09:03 PM
    8.5 hours and i still have 30% left. Maybe the battery apps work...
    11-28-11 01:24 AM
    i get amazing battery life on .540. its all about what apps you have, how you use your phone and how diligent you are with closing your apps out properly. i keep my backlight on 10%, shut everything down properly, have apps update once an hour and delete problematic apps like scoremobile. i get under 2% discharge while at idle on wifi and 4G and like 3-4% during normal medium to heavy usage.
    +1 on dictoresno's post. Dropping my backlight down to 10 was a huge difference and didn't really notice it.
    11-28-11 06:12 AM
    I let the 9900 charge over night using the Nokia charger.

I just downloaded an hour long MP4 and Watched it. My Battery is now at 82%. I used my 4G connection only to download the MP4.

I also have/had 3 extra programs running in the background.

MemoryUp
    NetworkAcc
    BatteryPlus

Last edited by olblueyez; 11-28-11 at 10:00 AM.
    11-28-11 09:52 AM
    11-28-11 12:21 PM
    11-28-11 01:13 PM
    I'm on 65% since my last charge 8 hours ago, made a couple of calls, sent a couple of text's and done some web browsing. I reckon it's quite good... Have the battery booster app and dimmed the screen backlight to 10.
    11-28-11 01:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD