Got home from "Burning Man" tonight. Have been there all week. For those who don't know, Burning Man is held in the Black Rock Desert, just north of Gerlach, here in Nevada. It's about a 2 1/2 hour drive from Reno, where I live. No cell service. None. At all. It's hot (can get up to 115 degrees on the playa) and there is this fine, white dust that you're covered in from the moment you arrive. You get dust in crevices you didn't even know you had. So, although I brought "bebe" with me, she stayed in a ziploc bag in the motor home the whole time so she wouldn't get dirty. No BlackBerry Messenger for a week, no texting, no calling. It would have been H E L L, but I was at Burning Man, so it was all good. Of course, I get home, start unpacking, start taking the braids, ribbons and glitter out of my hair and I have like 147 messages waiting for me. It's gonna be a long night, but it's oh so good to be home.
    09-01-08 01:53 AM
    I've never been to Burning Man but I watched a docu on it and was totally engulfed with the concept and design of the whole thing. Extremely laid back and at the same time, totally organized. Some of the artists there are just incredible, and some... well... everyone seems to be accepted.
    09-02-08 01:11 PM
    wow i feel for you a whole week ....
    but on the bright side "bebe" was ok and now you can be one with youer blackberry yet again
    09-02-08 01:47 PM
    i've wanted to go to burning man for a while. i may very soon.

i have a waterproof case for my bb that will work fine.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-08-09 05:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD