I fianlly made the decision to sell by Playbook 64GB. I purchased mine on release day and was totally blown away by it. My main reason to get the Playbook was to use it for work to somewhat replace my company issued laptop ( 11 pounds, too heavy to carry around). I know any tablet cannot truely replace the need for the laptop but it can come pretty close.

Another reason for the purchase was the bridge function which at most times work okay.

I waited and put up with the little annoyances hoping like all the rest that they would get fixed on the next OS release. Erratic and hard to use "Copy / Paste", not available across all apps. Mail notification icon staying after reading emails. No keyboard tab function, no keyboard arrows (makes cursor placement difficult). Erratic browser operation. Erratic WiFi operation. Bridge brower useless. Poor battery life.

Please don't take this as a trashing of the product they are just some of my issues that I think RIM could have fix sooner than later.

Then to see the Playbook now selling for hundreds less from what I paid was a little dishearting but in this day and age of high tech electronics understandable.

I guess I got tired of waiting and hoping for the product and software to improve. I decided to sell it and I purchased a high end 14" laptop (2.5 pounds) that serves my expectations of a work laptop replacement and then some.

I truely hope for all of you that RIM will step up to the plate and make the Playbook the great product it can be.

Aloha
    FF22 and Mikey_T like this.
    11-26-11 01:05 PM
    RIM will step up.
    But I don't see why you couldn't wait until February...
    It's only 3 months away.
    However, I'm not here to judge you.
    At-least you tried.
    Last edited by r0v3rT3N; 11-26-11 at 03:51 PM.
    11-26-11 01:09 PM
    With the recent sale prices on the PB, some owners who paid the then full amounts and waited this long for an update with all the bells and whistles ...its a bit too much to take in for some.
    The OP has made his choice, that should be respected, now for the rest of us lets look toward to Feb 2012 and keep enjoying the PB until then..
    mandony and lexisnight like this.
    11-26-11 02:55 PM
    I have some frustration with the lack of copy and paste function in some areas. One has to be creative with workarounds sometimes.
    11-26-11 03:01 PM
    But I don't see why you couldn't wait until February...
    It's only 3 months away.
    It gets so tiring. I only bought the PlayBook because I thought it would get Skype and native email soon, had I known it wouldn't be getting native email until February 2012 I would have returned mine immediately.

Call it lying, deceptive or genuine mistakes, it makes no difference, it was only the hope of getting these features on my favourite hardware that prevented me selling straight away.
    FF22 likes this.
    11-26-11 03:09 PM
    When making a purchase its always a good idea to know what you are getting and being an educated buyer.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850 using Tapatalk
    grover5 likes this.
    11-26-11 03:25 PM
    An educated buyer can still be duped by a company that constantly lies and delays results.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Mikey_T likes this.
    11-26-11 03:31 PM
    It gets so tiring. I only bought the PlayBook because I thought it would get Skype and native email soon, had I known it wouldn't be getting native email until February 2012 I would have returned mine immediately.

Call it lying, deceptive or genuine mistakes, it makes no difference, it was only the hope of getting these features on my favourite hardware that prevented me selling straight away.
    I guess I know how you feel, as I bought the Playbook on the release date.
    I was kinda mad when the said February...
    11-26-11 03:52 PM
    An educated buyer can still be duped by a company that constantly lies and delays results.
    Let's not confuse "educated" with "credulous". . .

Credulity - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary
    11-26-11 04:04 PM
    Personally no one get big bugs out of my pocket based on what the their product might become in the future or what they promise it will have tomorrow. I buy simply on what it is right now. If I still pay for a promise, the joke will be on me (IMO)

Version 2.0 in February 2012? is anybody sure? Will it be flawless? Hmmm... "As is, where is" is fine by me and worth the money I spend on it.

I love my PB although it have some little highly irritating stupid OS discrepancies.

Compare tf with a spouse or girl- or boyfriend; love the being but sometimes....grrrr...
    CracklePot and YaBoi410 like this.
    11-26-11 05:40 PM
    I have come close a couple of times to selling mine but especially with the current prices I am going to wait till os2 is officially released. I have installed the beta and it has already given the playbook another life from my point of view.

I have also purchased an Ipod Touch recently and that can do quite a few things with ease which the playbook struggles to do and I am starting to see the appeal of IOS.
    11-26-11 07:12 PM
    I'll give you $189 for it, if you ship for free.
    Serkle K likes this.
    11-26-11 07:54 PM
    And that my friends, is why you do not by used items.
    I resell lots of electronics. All my electronics are in pristine condition. Smoke free. Pet free odor. Always in their cases. The buyers are always impressed my Craigslist ads fit the product description.

When I buy used stuff I ask the same questions. There are people who treat their stuff clean.

Anyways I always alcohol medical swab gently clean everything before I use the items I brought on resell.
    11-26-11 08:21 PM
    I resell lots of electronics. All my electronics are in pristine condition. Smoke free. Pet free odor. Always in their cases. The buyers are always impressed my Craigslist ads fit the product description.

When I buy used stuff I ask the same questions. There are people who treat their stuff clean.

Anyways I always alcohol medical swab gently clean everything before I use the items I brought on resell.
    You are a good man.
    11-26-11 08:24 PM
    Why wait in the first place? You should simply enjoy the Playbook. It is the best tablet out there even without the update. It works better than all other tablets as is.
    steppinghorse likes this.
    11-26-11 08:26 PM

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    You wouldn't buy a car that didn't have wheels on it would you? Even if promised in 60 days? End of summer? After DevCon? February?

Absolutley not...and if the email, calendar, contatcts and so forth are your breaking point...why purchase in the first place?

A fully educated purchase...on the present merits of the device is why I made my decision to buy my PlayBook. The build quality...full web browsing experience...bridge capabilities...expanding app library...are why I choose to keep it and am every bit as happy with it today as I was when I picked it up on launch day...
    11-26-11 08:26 PM
    i was thinking of doing the same. what is stopping me is losing so much money on selling it. i do wish this 2.0 will be a god sent. but due to RIM short comings lately i'm doubting it.

and for all the kool-aid drinkers that say you should be educated before you buy anything. Don't get it that we bought the product because we loved RIM and we believed them when they said skype, bbm, and email was coming shortly. if you say your not mad at their lies and/or lack of product support than you either don't need those apps or are drinking the kool-aid.

How can you back up a product that doesn't have spell check or copy and paste. this has been in programs for over a decade.
    11-26-11 08:31 PM
    How can you back up a product that doesn't have spell check
    I can spell
    dcburke789 likes this.
    11-26-11 08:33 PM
    i was thinking of doing the same. what is stopping me is losing so much money on selling it. i do wish this 2.0 will be a god sent. but due to RIM short comings lately i'm doubting it.

and for all the kool-aid drinkers that say you should be educated before you buy anything. Don't get it that we bought the product because we loved RIM and we believed them when they said skype, bbm, and email was coming shortly. if you say your not mad at their lies and/or lack of product support than you either don't need those apps or are drinking the kool-aid.

How can you back up a product that doesn't have spell check or copy and paste. this has been in programs for over a decade.

Because I know how to spell...............

And if I'm not mistaken...cut and paste has been included since launch...
    11-26-11 08:35 PM
    I can spell
    i can walk, but i also need a car. my point is why not include such a simple option. unless they can't code it right, and if they can't just adds to their short comings
    11-26-11 08:38 PM
    i can walk, but i also need a car. my point is why not include such a simple option. unless they can't code it right, and if they can't just adds to their short comings
    For your information, there is spellcheck. No autocorrection. But who needs autocorrection anyway. More hassle than benefit. I think the autocorrect function is an atavism that we inherited from the early OSs and that are useless.
    11-26-11 08:43 PM
    Why didn't the iPhone have a video camera until the 3gs?

Maybe it's the simple things that elude them
    HighlandBerry likes this.
    11-26-11 08:49 PM
    right before the value is about to go up with 2.0?
    Is 2.0 going to ship with a stack of dollar bills or something? I've been told time and time again by PB fans that the missing PIM apps aren't the reason for slow sales... now, you're going to suggest they will suddenly add value a year later?

The PB will never again be a high dollar tablet. The update is only going to justify the $199 price as it competes with the Fire.
    louiefern likes this.
    11-26-11 08:50 PM
    Is 2.0 going to ship with a stack of dollar bills or something? I've been told time and time again by PB fans that the missing PIM apps aren't the reason for slow sales... now, you're going to suggest they will suddenly add value a year later?

The PB will never again be a high dollar tablet. The update is only going to justify the $199 price as it competes with the Fire.
    The PIM apps aren't the only thing being added to OS2...there's the baked in android player.
    11-26-11 08:54 PM

We will see. I am pretty sure it will sell as hot cakes when the update comes. I think I will be getting a few more at the current price and sell them when the price goes to normal. Easy money.

The thing is that RIM did this firesale on purpose to attract developers. When finally all developers come onboard, the Playbook will become the leading tablet. Probably by mid 2012.

Simple logic
    11-26-11 08:55 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD