Snoozed you losed.
    So what's next? any guesses?
    11-26-11 12:56 PM
    Probably remove them from stores is my guess.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-26-11 12:57 PM
    Blackjack,
    The question is will the restock??
    The have had a clearance sale, will they take the risk of stocking them again and take the price back up to the original? Or will the PB just vanish from the retail chains?
    11-26-11 12:59 PM
    Snoozed you losed.
    I'm guessing your on the U.S website, I live in Canada and they are showing all 3.
    11-26-11 01:35 PM
    Best Buy Business still shows all 3 In Stock. Now I'm mad all over again LOL! I want my 64GB for $229!!!
    11-26-11 01:57 PM
    Why would they delete it off the web site if they planned to order more from RIM? Most items simply show "back order until" and gladly still take orders. I don't think RIM is giving the straight scoop on it's plans for the playbook.
    11-26-11 02:17 PM
    Office Depot has them as well. Same Prices.
    11-26-11 02:18 PM
    Blackjack,
    The question is will the restock??
    The have had a clearance sale, will they take the risk of stocking them again and take the price back up to the original? Or will the PB just vanish from the retail chains?
    Yes that's the question - will they restock and raise the price?
    11-26-11 02:23 PM
    Why would they delete it off the web site if they planned to order more from RIM? Most items simply show "back order until" and gladly still take orders. I don't think RIM is giving the straight scoop on it's plans for the playbook.
    So your theory is that they will take orders but not fulfill them? Kinda take the money and go bankrupt?
    lol
    11-26-11 02:25 PM
    Snoozed you losed.
    Open box sales on all of the returned units!
    11-26-11 02:26 PM
    BlackBerryPlayBook - RIM US

Even the Blackberry site is out of stock on the 16s
    11-26-11 02:29 PM
    If you still want to get a playbook please check blackberry.com I just bough one few minutes ago for $199.
    11-26-11 02:38 PM
    So your theory is that they will take orders but not fulfill them? Kinda take the money and go bankrupt?
    lol
    Nope, Best buy will gladly take orders of items they know they will replenish. They remove items that they don't plan on restocking. The fact that it is removed from the web site is a bit more ominous because Best buy has many items for sale that they don't stock in the stores. They ship in a couple of weeks as they come in from the supplier as needed.
    11-26-11 02:45 PM
    Nope, Best buy will gladly take orders of items they know they will replenish. They remove items that they don't plan on restocking. The fact that it is removed from the web site is a bit more ominous because Best buy has many items for sale that they don't stock in the stores. They ship in a couple of weeks as they come in from the supplier as needed.
    I'm wondering if it means there are no more available to restock - meaning the first production run of 1.5 mil are gone.

It isn't difficult to pull the trigger on another run, however.
    I can't see OS2 coming out without playbooks ready to sell.
    11-26-11 02:48 PM
    Again, when I spoke with a Best Buy representative, they stated they were getting more within the next couple of weeks and that they were carrying the 199.00 price through February. I started on the Best Buy website where it stated they were out of stock and moved to the Google Shopping site where it stated the local Best Buy's were in limited stock. From there, I just started calling and found one. Just keep searching.
    11-26-11 02:50 PM
    The $199-$299 for the 16GB model sounds reasonable until OS2 is released. They can go in any direction, the most viable one at the moment is to stay away from the regular price if they expect to keep moving units.
    11-26-11 02:56 PM
    I'm wondering if it means there are no more available to restock - meaning the first production run of 1.5 mil are gone.

It isn't difficult to pull the trigger on another run, however.
    I can't see OS2 coming out without playbooks ready to sell.
    Well, I just dug my dusty box out of the closet - your basic black box, so there's nothing on the exterior that shows older icons or home screen layout to date the box and its contents. I gather there may be some other items in the box that might be kind of OS 1.x related???

Maybe they will also come out with a new way to initially load the OS on newer units?

Someone suggested in another thread that it will be online/mailorder from rim. With the way outfits have displayed and updated it, they might not lose much by going this way but most folks would want some hands-on before purchasing.

I guess we shall see what rim has up its corporate sleeve.
    11-26-11 03:18 PM
    went to 2 best buys today.

BB1 2 16GBs and a few each of the 32/64 left
    BB2 0 16GBs and a few each of the 32/64 left

Didnt ask specifically about the higher GB numbers. They had pulled the 16 GB from the display at the one BB that was out of 16 GB models. They instead had a 32 GB on display though. They were locked down so i couldnt check version number and such
    11-26-11 04:15 PM
    What is the obvious distinction between version 1 and 2?
    11-26-11 04:19 PM
    they were not running version 2 since its a dev beta. I was just saying i dont know what 1.x version they had though. I doubt it was the one released 3-4 days ago though.
    11-26-11 04:38 PM
    Blackberry has them on their site for the same prices
    11-26-11 05:28 PM
    My BB had no accesories in stock but a few units left. Office Depot had a collection of all.
    11-26-11 06:00 PM
    Seems like Future Shop now has the three models of PlayBook listed as "Not Available, Item is not carried at this store" when checking in-store stocks. A few days ago, it used to be a regular Sold Out... now it seems like a discontinued item. Maybe they'll relaunch in store in February with the brand new OS installed as it seems like Future Shop still has orders coming in online, but nothing in store.
    11-26-11 06:07 PM
    Anyone working at high-level retail or RIM who has the inside scoop of what the plan is?
    11-26-11 07:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD