Remember, in September, when Kevin said he thought about 200 000 Playbook were actually sold on the 700 000 that were shipped? If I check the Facebook app users, it seems about right.

Back in September :
    Facebook for BlackBerry Playbook active users : 120 000
    Facebook for BlackBerry smartphones active users : 47 000 000 out of 70 000 000 subscribers

Let's keep that ratio and apply it to the Playbook. That meant about 180 000 Playbooks in September, which seems to be somewhat accurate even though it is a conservative approximation as I'm sure some people, not to say a lot, just use the browser instead of the app.

At the end of september, the first round of sales, 200$ off. During these sales, the number of active users on Facebook goes up to 130 000. It stayed there for two months, which means that the Playbook didn't move from store shelves at full price...

Since last week and the 300$ off sale, there's already an important increase in the user numbers from the Facebook app, which is currently at 150 000, a 20 000 users increase in a few days! Not to say that a lot of Playbook are currently being shipped or are backordered and will increase this number in the weeks to come.

Hopefully, this number will increase some more and we might start getting some love from major apps currently unavailable! It's safe to say the last sales are having a major impact in moving the Playbook to consumers.
    11-26-11 10:09 AM
    Where are these stats, for "Facebook for PlayBook active users", coming from?
    11-26-11 11:21 AM
    They're coming from the Facebook pages of these apps. On the left side menu, you can see the number of active users for each app. It seems to be growing by incrementals of 10 000 so far.

Facebook for BlackBerry PlayBook tablet
    Facebook for BlackBerry smartphones
    BlackStormRising and latarnik like this.
    11-26-11 11:26 AM
    Tons of newbies flooding in here as well...
    11-26-11 11:46 AM
    Probably more all though I might be the only person in the world that doesn't use facebook but I'm sure there are more.
    11-26-11 11:57 AM
    I didn't know that page existed, so I bet a good deal of owners don't as well...

I'd bet on at least twice that nukber...
    11-26-11 12:11 PM
    @diegonei : Just by using the app on the PlayBook, which is there when you set up your tablet, you're added as an active user so there is no need to Like (or do any interaction with) the page.

@kbz1960 : Seems like about 2/3 of BlackBerry subscribers use Facebook, and a 1/3 don't, so you're far from alone!
    11-26-11 12:13 PM
    Probably more all though I might be the only person in the world that doesn't use facebook but I'm sure there are more.

I'm the other one. In the words of Cartman, I think it's ********. No offense to those who enjoy it I don't wish to start a war in here and be beaten to a pulp lol It's just not for me.

Never will be, until it is required to buy and sell, as it does seem to be the mark of the devil - I sure have somehow managed to get through life and the internet without posting all the details of my personal life on the web for eternity, by using telephones and email - not sure how it seems to be a prerequisite these days.. I still don't get the big deal. I prefer that my friends have real faces and real books.

Crackberry I understand. I have one crackberry friend

You Have 0 Friends (Season 14, Episode 4) - Full Episode Player - South Park Studios
    Last edited by blackjack93117; 11-26-11 at 12:42 PM.
    lotuslanderz likes this.
    11-26-11 12:36 PM
    Safe to say?.. Defiantly!
    I was going to make a thread, but I saw this one.
    Here are a few screen-caps, to show the success of this sale:

16GB at Futureshop.ca:

32GB Futureshop.ca:

32GB at Bestbuy.ca:

Message from shopblackberry.ca:

Pretty good!
    jafobabe likes this.
    11-26-11 12:45 PM
    Yeah Facebook is getting scary. I was one of the early users way back in 2003/2004 when I still had a .edu address during my medical training.

It was simple closed at the time and anti MySpace

Now it's being intrusive always asking me to link my phone number. I have tried using a fake 123456789 number and it won't allow me. Very annoying.

I deactivate my account for months at a time and my friends ask me what I am up to. I will just talk to them for 10-15 minutes over the phone. You get more accomplished with 10-15 minutes on the phone than what u see on board posts.

It's addicting. My wife is on it 24/7 it seems.
    That's the first thing she checks in the morning. She's always posting pics of our 17 month old and stuff. Its nice for family to view pics. But I would rather not let know our daily activity.

And I always tell the wife to never check in at locations. Criminal activity will monitor your habits. We travel a lot and so out of town. Duh. If you are on a cruise for 7 days, let's go rob their home with their new top of the line Samsung TV that was posted on Facebook and the new jewelry someone also posted they received for their birthday.
    hackerguy likes this.
    11-26-11 12:49 PM
    Count me on that list, too.
    11-26-11 01:11 PM
    NO Facebook here, too. Plenty of "friends" trying to sell me that first piece of "candy" but I'm not buying.
    11-26-11 02:04 PM
    Yeah Facebook is getting scary. I was one of the early users way back in 2003/2004 when I still had a .edu address during my medical training.

It was simple closed at the time and anti MySpace

Now it's being intrusive always asking me to link my phone number. I have tried using a fake 123456789 number and it won't allow me. Very annoying.

I deactivate my account for months at a time and my friends ask me what I am up to. I will just talk to them for 10-15 minutes over the phone. You get more accomplished with 10-15 minutes on the phone than what u see on board posts.

It's addicting. My wife is on it 24/7 it seems.
    That's the first thing she checks in the morning. She's always posting pics of our 17 month old and stuff. Its nice for family to view pics. But I would rather not let know our daily activity.

And I always tell the wife to never check in at locations. Criminal activity will monitor your habits. We travel a lot and so out of town. Duh. If you are on a cruise for 7 days, let's go rob their home with their new top of the line Samsung TV that was posted on Facebook and the new jewelry someone also posted they received for their birthday.
    Exactly - I just view it as a huge information gathering monster data base collecting info and monitoring private citizens - wait until this becomes a marxist tyranny and the likes of Caesar Chavez grab power - easy to find those who oppose you, know?

I find it annoying that everything has to be "liked" on facebook and all merchants feel compelled to be involved - I mean you cant even comment on blogs or news sights - without logging in through facebook, so they can associate the comments with the person.
    Can you say Big Brother is watching?

Linked in is scary too though becoming necessary for employment - if the new fuehrer needs say a rocket scientist - well woop! there it is!

But then I'm a a paranoid conspiracy theorist

Not to derail the thread - back to playbook sales!
    11-26-11 02:12 PM
    For the 16GB, they're losing money, but they'll make up for that with the 32GB and 64GB versions.

But RIM will hopefully still sell enough for developers to hop on the RIM train
    11-27-11 12:30 PM
    What is Facebook? What is it for?
    belseat likes this.
    11-27-11 01:58 PM
    What is Facebook? What is it for?
    Ba da bing !
    11-27-11 02:02 PM
    Facebook for playbook users currently at 430000, applying the same math to estimate total users gives you 645000 users. That is an increase of 425000 in 11 days. Nice work RIM! The userbase just tripled
    Smartie020 and CDM76 like this.
    01-06-12 06:50 PM
    Here is the links for the appdata reports on these stats for those interested. Check out the graphs for monthly active users, Blackberry had a good holiday season.

facebook for playbook

facebook for blackberry smartphones

If they put facebook for BB phones on the top facebook apps leaderboard it would be #2 behind only Static HTML: iframe tabs.
    01-15-12 11:03 PM
    I use FB now im starting to have second thoughts. Im not addicted to it or anything, but yeah its getting beyond creepy now some of the stuff.
    01-15-12 11:25 PM
    very cool info
    01-15-12 11:53 PM
    Bah need to start using the pb app again, to make sure I'm counted in. How do you remove game updates from displaying in your feed in pb app? The farmville friend updates were driving me crazy.
    01-16-12 12:29 AM
    Here is the links for the appdata reports on these stats for those interested. Check out the graphs for monthly active users, Blackberry had a good holiday season.

facebook for playbook

facebook for blackberry smartphones
    Thanks.Very informative.
    01-16-12 02:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD