To Pinoys using the Bold 9900 on Globe. I've just seen a commercial from Globe about 4G. So we're finally having a 4G network. I called up customer service to ask about it and they said that it's only available in selected areas, such as Makati and Quezon City.

But when I checked on my Network Modes, 4G is not shown. Only 2G, 3G and 2G & 3G. I was just wondering if any of you guys have seen the 4G mode on your networks?

Globe also said that, 4G network will probably work 100% by 2012. So I guess we still won't be experiencing 4G on our 9900s until 2012.
    11-26-11 07:56 AM
    teka, may 4G ba na blackberry?

the supposed 4G blackberries are using 14.4 HSPA+ lang. our 4G that is being marketed here is actually LTE/WiMAX

yung 9810 ko nakalagay 4G kahit mabagal. thats because im using an AT&T unit which replaces H+ with 4G because in their market "HSPA+" is considered 4G (which, technically, isnt!)
    11-26-11 08:33 AM
    Nope haven't seen any 4G up from my phone.

Is the BOLD 9900 really 4G? Doesn't show in the specs though.
    11-26-11 09:10 AM
    Isn't the Bold 9900 a 4G phone? I've seen the screenshots of the 9900's homescreen here on CB and they have the 4G signal.
    11-26-11 09:24 AM
    Taken from the BlackBerry Bold 9900 review

BlackBerry Bold 9900 Review | CrackBerry.com

"On the data front, the new hardware platform on BlackBerry 7 Smartphones now sports a 14.4 Mbps HSPA modem, which is a big jump up from the 3.6Mbps modem on BlackBerry 6 Smartphones. On the Rogers network, my homescreen no longer shows a 3G icon for activity, but rather a H+ one denoting HSPA+. Is it really a 4G BlackBerry? You're going to see the new BlackBerry 7 Smartphones get marketed different ways by different carriers. The bottom line is that there's a 14.4 modem on board, so while data will be quicker, the whole 4G vs. FauxG issue is up for debate. If you want more insight into this, check out our article on Clarifying 4G vs FauxG."

So I guess it may not show 4G but H+?
    adicktuz likes this.
    11-26-11 09:59 AM
    depende sa update. nung una kong kuha 9810 ko it says "H+" even on non-H+ areas. after updating to the latest firmware naging 4G

my 9810 is AT&T branded, which markets H+ (or HSPA+) as 4G. Kaya kung san man ako pumunta dito sa Maynila (and provinces) it always says 4G even if there isnt!
    11-26-11 10:04 AM
    But bottom line is magkakabenefit ba tayo sa 4G ng Globe?
    11-26-11 10:08 AM
    not with the current crop of blackberry phones. Globe's 4G here is marketed as LTE, same as Smart's.
    thatRICO likes this.
    11-26-11 10:16 AM
    Medyo naguluhan ako dun ah haha!

So it really depends on our carriers if we'll have 4G on our 9900s? I just hope Globe can provide better service. I subscribed kasi from BB Social to BB Max, and I really find it really slow when browsing, especially streaming lol. Oh well, mabagal talaga internet natin compared to other countries, lalo na sa US.
    11-26-11 11:01 AM
    Parang okay pa naman BBMax ko. Used it first with the 9780 and now on the 9900 and seems "decent" when used to bridge with the PlayBook. Baka location lang or 2G or 3G? Minsan kase sobrang hina ng signal indoors most especially buildings.
    11-26-11 11:33 AM
    Parang okay pa naman BBMax ko. Used it first with the 9780 and now on the 9900 and seems "decent" when used to bridge with the PlayBook. Baka location lang or 2G or 3G? Minsan kase sobrang hina ng signal indoors most especially buildings.
    Never tried BBMax on my 9780 before, just now on my 9900. I really find it slow when used for browsing/streaming. But works well on push emails haha.

How's the PlayBook? I'm planning to get one soon.
    11-26-11 11:44 AM
    The playbook is the best tablet there is. Check it out.
    11-26-11 09:39 PM
    Never tried BBMax on my 9780 before, just now on my 9900. I really find it slow when used for browsing/streaming. But works well on push emails haha.

Got it since the release in April and NO REGRETS! Sold my netbook coz I had no use for it after using the PlayBook for a couple of weeks. Of course I would really really really want OS 2.0 to come sooner to get the Android Player, native email, native calendar and other goodies but it's a pretty decent and powerful device. HD videos are really clear on the device and with the 599 BBMax, "SULIT" (Baby James definition ) ) compared to getting another sim for those who have a 3G model of other tablets. I usually use it to browse on the net, tweet and facebook on the apps, some games, watch videos and use some stock apps and smooth parin trabaho ng PlayBook. I just hope we have more apps targeted for Pinoys like the one sa BB Phones - Metro Traffic Live

Kunin mo na kase sobrang okay.

Ps. If you're the type though who want's more apps and games at your disposal then iPad or an Android tablet but still come Feb 2012 we're gonna get the Android Player.
    adicktuz likes this.
    11-26-11 10:15 PM
    Hi Guys! i Tried installing the leaked os 7.1 on my bold 9900, and wanted to make the wifi hotspot work. i can't seem to make it work because it's asking for the apn.

do you guys have any idea as to what it is?

i already tried using the following:

http.globe.com.ph
    internet.globe.com.ph
    Globe - Globe Telecom
    blackberry.net

but none of them seem to work.

i can get them to enable my wifi hotspot option but there is no data being transferred.

so can anyone of make it work?
    11-26-11 10:26 PM
    Hi Guys! i Tried installing the leaked os 7.1 on my bold 9900, and wanted to make the wifi hotspot work. i can't seem to make it work because it's asking for the apn.

do you guys have any idea as to what it is?

i already tried using the following:

http.globe.com.ph
    internet.globe.com.ph
    Globe - Globe Telecom
    blackberry.net

but none of them seem to work.

i can get them to enable my wifi hotspot option but there is no data being transferred.

so can anyone of make it work?
    Haven't installed it yet cause waiting for the official one.

But what's your BIS plan? BBMax? It should work by then but yeah I'm reading the Rogers thread on their Wifi Hotspot and not all seem to have made it work with that same issue on carrier apn.
    11-26-11 10:51 PM
    Check your network's APN:

Options> Device > Advanced Device Settings > TCP IP
    11-26-11 11:26 PM
    I'm not sure if the mobile hotspot feature would work here in the country since I haven't heard any of the telco's supporting UMA technology yet. Of course I could be wrong. I know the feature is available in some of the more recent android devices in the market, I just have no idea if it is actually working here in the Phil.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-27-11 01:18 AM

Playbook? I wouldnt recommend it. Next to useless. (i have one). Just get an iPad. best combo with a bb
    11-27-11 01:22 AM
    Got it since the release in April and NO REGRETS! Sold my netbook coz I had no use for it after using the PlayBook for a couple of weeks. Of course I would really really really want OS 2.0 to come sooner to get the Android Player, native email, native calendar and other goodies but it's a pretty decent and powerful device. HD videos are really clear on the device and with the 599 BBMax, "SULIT" (Baby James definition ) ) compared to getting another sim for those who have a 3G model of other tablets. I usually use it to browse on the net, tweet and facebook on the apps, some games, watch videos and use some stock apps and smooth parin trabaho ng PlayBook. I just hope we have more apps targeted for Pinoys like the one sa BB Phones - Metro Traffic Live

Kunin mo na kase sobrang okay.

Ps. If you're the type though who want's more apps and games at your disposal then iPad or an Android tablet but still come Feb 2012 we're gonna get the Android Player.
    Haha thanks for this! If ever I'm getting a tablet, for sure I'll get a PB. Really don't care much about apps/games. I work a lot, so gaming is really not for me haha. Although I'd love to see OS 2.0 and Android apps coming soon to the PB.
    11-27-11 03:33 AM
    well i did manage to make it work shortly... but when i was able to make the wifi hotspot work, no data is going thru the hotspot feature. so it's basically useless on my end. had to try it again but no it won't let me even activate the wifi hotspot feature.

just went to globe this afternoon to ask for the APN that their bb max plan uses on or any apn for any phone that's being used by GLOBE.

Prepaid:
    http.globe.com.ph

Post Paid:
    internet.globe.com.ph

that is what the GLobe CSR told me. so i guess, wifi hotspot feature just isn't gonna work on my bold 9900.

when i was using android, it the wifi hotspot feature actually worked flawlessly.

i love my bb, but still i would want to make use of the wifi hotspot feature since it's already there.

also, i find the os 7.1 to be holding up nicely on the battery. i find it to have a better battery life than the .540 version.

if anyone of you upgraded to os 7.1 (leaked version) please share your findings!
    11-27-11 08:41 AM
    I updated a friend's 9900 and tested the hotspot feature

Okay naman. Mabilis. 3-4mbps sa Putatan area in Muntinlupa. We tested it again sa Makati, 1-2mbps, but significantly spottier yung quality of service.

Try it again. Baka natse-tsempo lang na hindi gumagana yung internet services ng Globe.
    11-27-11 09:10 AM
    So it did work? Yung 1-2mbps ay 3G connection lang? That's decent if you'll ask me, considering you can share that much bandwidth using only your phone's data to your other device, kinda makes tethering obsolete since it's more convenient. Matanong ko lang, what device(s) did you use to connect to the bb for the shared connection? Did it went well, worked on first attempt?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-27-11 11:01 AM
    mga tol ask ko lang if meron ba naguunlock ng blackberry 9900 sa greenhills and also update my phone to watever the best OS available. sorry if question is unrelated hehe

Thanks!!!
    11-27-11 11:18 AM
    mga tol ask ko lang if meron ba naguunlock ng blackberry 9900 sa greenhills and also update my phone to watever the best OS available. sorry if question is unrelated hehe

Thanks!!!
    Is it network locked? Globe/Smart, for sure meron sa Greenhills. Or, try to do it yourself.

Regarding naman sa OS update, just download the latest OS here on CB, and update it. It's easy and there's a tutorial, just dont forget to back up your data.
    11-27-11 12:30 PM
    Is it network locked? Globe/Smart, for sure meron sa Greenhills. Or, try to do it yourself.

Regarding naman sa OS update, just download the latest OS here on CB, and update it. It's easy and there's a tutorial, just dont forget to back up your data.
    cool cge check out ko muna kinakabahan kc ako eh bka mabrick ung phone ko iyak tawa ko nun haha pero il check it out lam ko atleast meron mga online site na nagooffer ng unlock codes dun sa update lng ako nagaalangan hehe

thanks sa info!
    11-27-11 12:44 PM
77 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD