No sound on my 9800 due to water damage, does anybody know where the location of the loudspeaker is?. I know the earspeaker is buried just above the LCD, but what about the loudspeaker, is it in the slider or in the body of the phone?

Any help appreciated.
    11-24-11 08:13 PM
    The speakerphone component is in the main body of the phone below the lock/mute button on the top of the phone
    11-26-11 01:12 AM
    Thanks for the reply. I have had to transfer the service from the phone to a spare phone for the time being. Is there a way of testing the earpiece short of trying to make a emergency call.
    11-26-11 01:50 AM
    The speakerphone component is in the main body of the phone below the lock/mute button on the top of the phone
    Is this it on the picture circled. Do they snap in or are they soldered?
    11-26-11 01:55 AM
    Unfortunately I have never had to tinker with my Torch's speakerphone, so I am unsure if it is soldered or just a snap in. In the past the Tour 9630 speakerphone was a snap in and not soldered. Maybe someone else can give in some insight for the Torch's speakerphone component
    11-26-11 01:11 PM
    Well, I cracked open the case and the loudspeaker is a snap in, so ordered a replacement loudspeaker off E bay. Was actually quite easy to get at it following the tutorials on U-tube.

Accidentally on purpose made a emergency call and confirmed earpiece speaker works which is a blessing, because what I have read it is a extremely complex procedure to replace it. Almost complete disassembly of the phone to get at it.

Cheers

-=Bryan=-
    11-27-11 04:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD