I hope I can get some good replies to this post. I am thinking hard about switching to another carrier, but I really love sprint. I never had any problems with CS or my service. My only hangup is the lack of blackberry's coming to sprint in the future. I have a 8830 but I'm craving one of the new ones coming out i.e the bold, thunder/storm, or javelin. Does anybody have any insight or time tables when or if one of these devices will come to sprint. Also with all the money sprint has been losing, is there anyway possible they would go out of business anytime soon? Thx
    08-31-08 08:05 PM
    I would say if sprint hasn't gone out of business yet, they probably won't. And even if they did go under, they would just get bought up by another carrier.

As far as another BB goes, Sprint will get one, but in the same fashion they get most phones--much later than the competition...It's their thing.
    08-31-08 08:34 PM
    I asked the same thing in another post. but from what the CS told me is that the bold is suppose to be coming to Sprint in 6-8 months. I have a pearl and want to upgrade also. but the only other BB there is to upgrade to is the curve and so far I haven't really seen a difference between the 2 beside the size. so I'm waiting on the bold.

I've thought about going to Verizon but I won't get the SEP for as less with them.
    08-31-08 08:49 PM
    I understand where ur coming from�........sprint will get newer products just at a slower pace. I don't see sprint going out of business anytime soon, yes they may be losing money but [email protected] seems to be putting things down for the future......

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-31-08 08:49 PM
    Sprint usually gets Treo's before other carriers by 90 days cause they have an agreement with Palm for exclusivity in the US. My guess is they do not have an agreement with RIM and some other carriers do so Sprint has to wait for the exclusivity with the other carrier to run out.
    08-31-08 09:20 PM
    I think it will be some time before Sprint gets the Bold...from what I understand AT&T has 180 day exclusive rights...

08-31-08 10:53 PM
    I don't mind having to wait a while for the next BB to come out because that gives them time to work out any of the initial problems on the new device. If you need to have the newest BB as soon as they come out, then I suggest leaving Sprint.

08-31-08 11:39 PM
    Sprint is definately not going to go out of business. They have very deep pockets. Sure they made a few stupid mistakes in the past 3 years that lost them a lot of money but they have done a lot of things to cut needless spending.

For example they sold the tower property off to another company to maintain and rent the space instead (which is how every other carrier does it). This will cut their costs significantly from here on out. Plus rumored to planning on selling off the outdated network that was obtained from buying nextel (one of their big mistakes IMO). This will net them a big one time revenue and further cut costs. I assume if that happens nextel devices will get integrated into the sprint network if they aren't already.

Now as far as switching for a new BB. My stance on that is if you really have to have the new BB and simply just can't wait then switch. IMO it is worth waiting for sprint to get a CDMA model. Usually many of the nasty bugs are worked out by that time and they may get more bells and whistles too.

09-01-08 02:55 AM
    Thx for all the advice, I think I will stay with sprint because like I said I've had no CS problems and service is cool. I can really see sprint coming up in the next couple years as a company. I guess I will have to make due with a curve upgrade until the javelin is available.
    09-01-08 11:31 AM
    I just switched to Sprint from Verizon and have no complaints. Despite certain advertising, I have no coverage problems with Sprint as compared to the other guys. As far as phones, I have my new Curve and it is the greatest phone I've ever had. I want to keep it for a very long time. As far as new phones, you see what happens to people who line up to buy the very first iPhones and such. It's not pretty. When I feel like getting a new phone, I will be happy to get one that has been out a while and that other guinea pigs...er, I mean other people, have gotten the bugs worked out on it.
    09-01-08 08:39 PM
    I have to agree with most on this post that Sprint will not go out of business.

I have not had trouble with Sprint either and happen to really like my service.

I have recently switched form a Treo to the Curve. I absolutely love it! I can wait for all the kinks to be worked out until the good BBs come to Sprint. The price for the service is worth it for me!
    09-01-08 10:54 PM
    I never thought they would go out of business, but I'm a ex helio customer and you see how that turned out lol. i love sprint and just hope they get phones faster. I wii take the curve upgrade and wait on the on one of the new bb's . Which one do you guys will be first? i hope its the javelin.
    09-01-08 11:12 PM
    I would think it's safe to say that the thunder/storm and javelin are still in beta testing and won't be out till sometime in 2009, maybe summer? It seems like BB likes to have some time between phone releases so since the Bold isn't even out yet, you shouldn't look forward to the Javelin and others just yet.

As for Sprint, with their position in the market, I think others are right, their trademark will continue in getting BB's last. They got the Curve a year late, so it'll probably be like that in the future.

If you have had no problems with CS or phone service, and you like their plans like I do, then you have no reason to leave. I too have never had problems with Sprint's product or CS and I've only been with them a year now. I won't leave unless I see real reason too.
    09-02-08 02:55 AM
    I've always perfered CDMA service in my area and I wouldn't switch to a GSM carrier for th reason. But if I change carriers that would only give the option of Verizon, and the company discounts and such I get from Sprint are unmatched from Verizon. I would love to get me hands on the latest greatest gear, but neither Sprint or Verizon gets that. I love my curve and will wait on the next great BB that Sprint puts out....I don't know if Verizon has a exclusive for the Thunder, but afer using touchscreen phones in the past I will stay away from them. But just remember its not Sprints fault these phones come to us later on, its the fact that CDMA isn't as widely used worldwide as GSM....so GSM takes precidence over CDMA.
    09-02-08 01:27 PM
    I got my pearl a few months ago and I am gonna wait for the bold it will be worth the wait.

09-02-08 05:50 PM
    By the time the Bold comes out for Sprint, you won't even want it. There will be an even cooler product from RIM at that time.
    09-02-08 07:46 PM
    The word WAS that the staggared release for ALL carriers (including Sprint) would be much shorter than previous releases. So we'll see. My prediction is late January/early February. We'll see though. It's already been delayed so much for AT&T that these estimates may be a bit unrealistic. I think the Sprint may suprise everyone this time around. Here's hoping anyways. Until then, me and my girlfriend will be super happy with our BB's.

Last edited by PedroTheGoat; 09-10-08 at 01:56 AM.
    09-02-08 08:04 PM
    I hope I can get some good replies to this post. I am thinking hard about switching to another carrier, but I really love sprint. I never had any problems with CS or my service. My only hangup is the lack of blackberry's coming to sprint in the future. I have a 8830 but I'm craving one of the new ones coming out i.e the bold, thunder/storm, or javelin. Does anybody have any insight or time tables when or if one of these devices will come to sprint. Also with all the money sprint has been losing, is there anyway possible they would go out of business anytime soon? Thx
    I hear what you are saying, but the problem is that compnaies like Ver'cry'zon is about to snap up these exclusives for new devices. That is a big deal, but keep in mind the only reason that is is because of thier market share! If Sprint ere in the same position they would likely be getting the Blackberry Stom! There are 3 new Blackberries on the horizon

Bold
    Javelin
    Storm

My point is, we could still get something coming up! Hang in there, you may have a surprise coming
    09-07-08 02:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD