I have been using a 9780 for two years now and need the reliablity of the blackberry. I wanted an all touchscreen device so I purchased the 9860, at first it appeared to work fine, however when typing emails, the cursor point would move from the email body to the CC field, to field, subject and randomly move when typing. It then started to happen outside of email(randomly the active point would move while device was sitting on my desk). The device was running .540 I am not sure if this was a hardware or software issue. Either way I had to return and do not want to go through 2-3 device before I get one that is stable. Anyone else experience this?
    11-23-11 02:05 PM
    Was there an USB cable plugged into the phone at the time?

See: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...y-tale-669859/
    11-23-11 02:13 PM
    I have been using a 9780 for two years now and need the reliablity of the blackberry. I wanted an all touchscreen device so I purchased the 9860, at first it appeared to work fine, however when typing emails, the cursor point would move from the email body to the CC field, to field, subject and randomly move when typing. It then started to happen outside of email(randomly the active point would move while device was sitting on my desk). The device was running .540 I am not sure if this was a hardware or software issue. Either way I had to return and do not want to go through 2-3 device before I get one that is stable. Anyone else experience this?
    I wonder if it's a sensitivity issue? Maybe try backing that off a little?
    I've been a physical keypad guy for years, but find myself almost never using the slider on my 9810. I seem to be quicker on the virtual keypad and mistakes are more easily corrected.
    I'm waiting for the 9860 to surface in stores and I'll probably get one.
    11-24-11 07:49 AM
    Returned mine yesterday. Way too sensitive and cheap look and feel. Besides the speed the Storm 2 is twice the phone the 9860 is.
    11-24-11 07:20 PM
    The phone was not plugged in via the USB when I experience the issues. Also there is not an adjustment for sensitivity, atleast that I could find, only a time frame for how long a hold down activates another menu. Thanks
    11-28-11 07:48 AM
    I wonder if you're brushing over the trackpad with your hand while typing? Similar to typing on an old laptop without palm-check on the touchpad?
    11-28-11 09:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD