I have the fault where all the apps dissappear on OS 2.0.0.3778 on my 16gb, I followed the instructions here: http://crackberry.com/tried-wiping-y...res-how-fix-it but it tells me that there's no update available.

The same happens with the OTA update, it just won't find any update and security wipe won't work.

I can't even re-submit my pin to the Beta so I can update to the 4869 build, it tells me: "Oops... Something went wrong while handling your request. You could try again a little later or you could file a bugreport".

I thought my launch day PlayBook had limited functionality before... and it just gets worse (Sorry, I couldn't help myself... I'm just bitter about the price drop :P)

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I can try?

Thanks,
    Ollie
    11-23-11 11:38 AM
    You will lose everything on it. Open desktop manager, plug in playbook, if playbook is on restart it, click update. Will more then likely take you back to 1.7.
    11-23-11 12:26 PM
    I'm afraid I've tried this so many times, it just tells me that "There are no new BlackBerry Tablet OS updates available", I'm not sure what else I can do.
    11-23-11 12:45 PM
    I'm afraid I've tried this so many times, it just tells me that "There are no new BlackBerry Tablet OS updates available", I'm not sure what else I can do.
    you have to wait 24hrs for the beta os to clear the system.

I'll also add that calling the support number does wonders; don't be afraid to talk to an actual person.
    11-23-11 01:13 PM
    It's been about a month lol, I haven't really been using it now I've got a 64gb one.

Tried that, I was told that they will get back to me about it... This means I will get a number of calls from a Spanish guy giving me troubleshooting advice that I have already done until they eventually ask me to send it off for repair.
    11-24-11 02:05 AM
    BUMP, can anyone help with this at all? It's effectively bricked... RIM don't seem to be interested (before the sales their customer support couldn't do enough to help you, presumably because they had very little to do, now it seems they couldn't really care less).
    12-03-11 04:37 AM
    Download the Beta on your 64 GB and see if you can repeat the same problem; the worst that can happen is you'll now have 2 bricked devices, and you'll know why. Just another reason of several hundred that I have not to download Beta software.
    jamesbondOO7 likes this.
    12-03-11 04:47 AM
    If it is beta, for sure it is not for me.
    alnamvet68 likes this.
    12-03-11 04:56 AM
    Just for giggles make sure your in the development mode before trying this. I had this issue and went in and out of development mode and it worked. Maybe not related but it worked for me. Worth a try. I also enabled and disabled password.
    12-03-11 05:15 AM
    Yeah it is the beta. It's working beautifully on my 64gb, it's only the 16gb that it doesn't want to work on. What annoys me is that it insists there's no update available!
    12-03-11 06:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD