Hi All

Its my first post and i hope some will be able to help me. I have used blackberry protect for some time now and it has worked well but for the last week or so it backs up fine but when i go to restore anything after selecting the device it just say the list is empty and there is nothing to restore. I don't know whether it will make any difference or not but my contacts are synchronized with my live email account. I am using the latest software 6 and blackberry protect is also up to date.
    11-23-11 05:10 AM
    Your sync with LIVE has nothing to do with BB Protect & its functioning.

BB Protect if installed properly with battery-pulls works seamlessly and in my case, it backs up everyday. I see restores as old as several days back.

If your case, uninstall it, do a battery pull.

Then, go to AppWorld and re-install it back, followed by a battery-pull. Setup it up using BB id and you should on your way to nirvana ...
    11-24-11 11:33 AM
    I have tried all of the above several times. I even made another blackberry ID uninstall blackberry protect and then reinstall but still it shows nothing when you go to do a restore. It backs ups fine but for some reasons it jus doesn't do restore. It has worked perfectly on the same handset for good few months.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-24-11 12:05 PM
    I have tried all of the above several times. I even made another blackberry ID uninstall blackberry protect and then reinstall but still it shows nothing when you go to do a restore. It backs ups fine but for some reasons it jus doesn't do restore. It has worked perfectly on the same handset for good few months.
    11-24-11 02:35 PM
    ok after good few hours search on the internet i managed to solve the problem. Just updating it for other users who may be experiencing the same problem.

It appears that blackberry protect had problem backing up my text messages. so if you untick text messages in the options then every thing works fine. I had to to untick and back up each item Individually to find out that problem was with text messages. But the problem could be with any item so you have to find out for yourself what item it is. i didnt have text messages so it does not bother me at all as long as the rest is backed up.
    11-24-11 03:03 PM
    ok after good few hours search on the internet i managed to solve the problem. Just updating it for other users who may be experiencing the same problem.

It appears that blackberry protect had problem backing up my text messages. so if you untick text messages in the options then every thing works fine. I had to to untick and back up each item Individually to find out that problem was with text messages. But the problem could be with any item so you have to find out for yourself what item it is. i didnt have text messages so it does not bother me at all as long as the rest is backed up.
    Glad to know you got it done & over with ...
    11-25-11 02:38 AM
    Glad to know you got it done & over with ...
    Hi to you all,

Happy new year!!!

I am having the same restore problem and I have 2 questions:
    1. How I can unselect to back up the text messages or other things? and
    2. Did you recover the information of the last back up?

Best regards
    01-11-12 08:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD