OK - i know there have been numerous topics about this already, but... I followed those directions to get into the engineering screens on my unlocked (verizon originally, now tmo) bold 9650 and after poking around some of the options in there I did find references to "UMA" in a couple places, things like "UMA call", etc., I can provide exact dets if helpful, just not like described in the other 9800 UMA thread on how to turn on UMA capability. I have the tmo certs, service books, etc., etc., have done numerous battery pulls and am currently running OS 6.0.0.600.

Now, I have also heard that once you are running an OS over 6.0.0.428 or something you can no longer do it in the escreens, but I have not had a chance to try this out as the last time I tried to downgrade my OS BBSAK bricked this bold and it took me like 2 hours to get it back operating so I am reluctant to try again at the moment.

I've noticed most of the threads about this topic are months and months old so I thought I'd ask again and see if anyone is able to do UMA on an UNLOCKED BOLD 9650 on TMOBILE, thanks!

11-22-11 08:36 PM
    no it will not work
    to get UMA working you need a carrier specific device with UMA capabilities.
    jamisdiablo likes this.
    11-23-11 12:06 PM
    what about all those people that had unlocked 9800's turned on through the escreens? I thought the 9650 did have UMA capability built in... no? please explain a bit further if you don't mind and how you know this for certain, thanks!
    11-23-11 12:11 PM
    OK - i know there have been numerous topics about this already, but... I followed those directions to get into the engineering screens on my unlocked (verizon originally, now tmo) bold 9650 and after poking around some of the options in there I did find references to "UMA" in a couple places, things like "UMA call", etc., I can provide exact dets if helpful, just not like described in the other 9800 UMA thread on how to turn on UMA capability. I have the tmo certs, service books, etc., etc., have done numerous battery pulls and am currently running OS 6.0.0.600.

Now, I have also heard that once you are running an OS over 6.0.0.428 or something you can no longer do it in the escreens, but I have not had a chance to try this out as the last time I tried to downgrade my OS BBSAK bricked this bold and it took me like 2 hours to get it back operating so I am reluctant to try again at the moment.

I've noticed most of the threads about this topic are months and months old so I thought I'd ask again and see if anyone is able to do UMA on an UNLOCKED BOLD 9650 on TMOBILE, thanks!

I've also seen those references to UMA under the wifi engineering screens but unfortunately, it's not gonna be that easy to activate it on a Bold 9650, the device just doesn't have UMA enabled at the firmware level...
    11-24-11 12:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD