I got my Bold 9930 about a week ago. Last night, I noticed the "E" key has a bit of light coming from it looking at an angle.
    Upon moving it with my finger, it almost seems like a loose tooth about ready to fall off (see attached pics).
    From what I can tell, I can't feel a difference when typing, only when I look closely at it.

What I'm wondering is:

Has anyone else lost a key button then just super-glued it back on?

Does anyone know how the keys are actually held on/attached to the keyboard?

I'm asking this because for the week I've had the phone, it's been great and without any other major flaws.
    I've been on a Curve 8330 for almost two years and I'm totally loving this phone!
    Updated to 7.0.0.374 the night I got and I've had great battery life, and everything else seems to be running great
    (no clocks, and more importantly, no bricking/nuking). So, if it's just a matter of gluing the key back on, then I would
    rather not swap it out. Made in Mexico 5.
    Last edited by StumptownBold; 11-22-11 at 11:44 AM.
    11-22-11 11:34 AM
    Dude I would sure get it replaced...I don't think they way they are fastened would work that great with super glue, but I guess you could give it a shot.If you just can't stand the thought of replacing it you could just get another whole keyboard and replace it yourself and possibly void the warranty. My question is if one key is doing that, is the whole keyboard going to fall apart eventually?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-22-11 12:09 PM
    After my Tour went to **** I decided to dissect it for fun. If I remember correctly, the keys were held down by some sort of double-sided tape. They're on top of a plastic membrane which has a small button on it which has to travel down to make contact with the main board so I don't think glue would be a great choice. I'd seriously recommend just getting it replaced.
    Last edited by IllmasterMathematics; 11-22-11 at 12:36 PM.
    11-22-11 12:33 PM
    Just back up your data via DM and have it replaced ASAP.
    11-22-11 12:37 PM
    The best way to fix this is to replacing the whole keyboard with a new one. But call your service provider and get your phone replaced asap. Sometimes the replacement units are even better than bran new onces.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-22-11 02:14 PM
    My letter 'A' was exactly like this and eventually it got caught on the case and the letter fell off, I rang my network and now they have replaced the phone with a new one! Best to ring them up but backup all your data before!
    11-22-11 04:52 PM
    I just went through this today with the "alt" key on my VZW 9930, which was itself an insurance replacement for an old Tour. Both Verizon and Asurion are saying that a key falling off is inherently physical damage and replacement either has to be at full price through Verizon or as my second and final insurance replacement.

Exceptionally frustrating, because the the key fell off in my pocket. The keyboard is clearly defective if so many of these are happening so early in the product's life.

I've had BB's since 2002. I currently have both an iPhone 4 and the 9930. This is my last BB. The only reason I kept this one is because of the keyboard and the email app. The rest of it is dramatically inferior to the iPhone, and I say this as a former BB fanboy.

I'm done.

Greg
    11-22-11 05:07 PM
    My alt key is almost like this as well, sometimes it's get caught by the original pouch when sliding in preventing it going any further.

I also have a small margin between the metal bezel and the rubberish black back at the top left corner.

Should this be a reason to replace the unit?
    11-23-11 04:42 AM
    Anyone?
    11-28-11 09:26 AM
    Anyone?
    post a pic!!
    11-28-11 09:52 AM
    My alt key is almost like this as well, sometimes it's get caught by the original pouch when sliding in preventing it going any further.

I also have a small margin between the metal bezel and the rubberish black back at the top left corner.

Should this be a reason to replace the unit?
    Yes.

Bezel should be flush with back rubber piece.

Keys shouldn't be lifted or loose.
    11-28-11 09:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD