Anyone experiencing problems with the T-mobile 9900's?
    11-22-11 08:28 AM
    not me...i was with stock tmo os .250 from august until a couple of days ago when i updated to .540. so far so good...

are you having issues?
    11-22-11 08:36 AM
    is the .540 stable & what about the battery life, any improvements???
    11-22-11 08:48 AM
    Anyone experiencing problems with the T-mobile 9900's?
    I have had absolutely no problems with my 9900. I have had it since day 1 and still have stock Tmobile OS as well. I love this phone. there have been maybe a few times where it starts to lag but most of the Little problems I have had have been due to apps.
    duper likes this.
    11-22-11 09:59 AM
    I have had no problems with mine either. Though as a precautionary measure I no longer charge it at night, I just power down. I do of course charge it but I do so when I get home and just take it off when it is full. I will do this until the bricking situation is resolved.
    11-22-11 10:21 AM
    is the .540 stable & what about the battery life, any improvements???
    It looks pretty stable to me..there are no glitches that I have observed so far. AS for battery life, it is too soon to tell. I took it off the charger this morning at 6:30 fully charged. With emails, FB, some browsing and checking on battery and a few calls, at 11:45AM, the battery is at 85%.

But you may check on other threads regarding this build for more info.
    11-22-11 10:44 AM
    I had one throw up a JVM error on startup. It'd load 3/4 of the way then I'd get a white screen. Had the phone replaced. Had it happen once again, but was able to wipe the phone somehow. I also get some sort of VVM (I'm guessing an issue with visual voicemail) error/pop-up when making or receiving a call sometimes.
    11-22-11 11:12 AM
    Mine nuked a few weeks ago on TMO stock OS, but I was able to wipe it & start fresh successfully (thanks in large part to these forums). I upgraded to "official" .503 a little over a week ago and have been absolutely amazed at the improvement in battery life. I'm not a power user or anything, but I can get damn close to 2 days now whereas before it was a hair over one day. I charge mine @ night using the micro-usb. I've never understood the point of the dock, and now since some suspect it as playing a part in the nuking issue, I want no part of it.
    11-22-11 11:34 AM
    I have a T-Mobile 9900, which I just got about a week ago. I started hating the battery life within the first day - I had a 9800 before, and I could go 3 days+ without charging if I did minimal emailing and took a few brief calls. The 9900 died on me in 20 hours, when I was away from home with no quick charger access

I upgraded to .540 as soon as I found out about it, about 4 days ago. At first I thought it helped with the batter life a lot. Last night as a test, I charged to full then unplugged the phone at about 9:30pm, and turned it off at around midnight. When it turned back on this morning at 6:30am for my alarm, it said it had 95% battery. But now, 2 hours later it shows 65%. I guess the lesson is that if you have a 9900/30, you just have to live your life with a charger nearby.

Other than the battery life though, I haven't had any issues with .540. I don't have a ton of apps either, though, I'm just an email/IM/Browsing kinda user when it comes to my Blackberry.
    11-22-11 11:43 AM
    No issues for me. On .540 and drop less than 3% battery/hr with moderate/heavy usage. Definitely an improvement over the stock OS.

.353 worked pretty well for me too.

Cheers,
    11-22-11 03:22 PM
    Zero problems with mine
    11-22-11 06:31 PM
    Can I load .540 using a Mac? I've never loaded an OS other than what's been supported by T-Mobile.
    11-22-11 06:48 PM
    Can I load .540 using a Mac? I've never loaded an OS other than what's been supported by T-Mobile.
    No... I wish you could but currently there is no way to do it... you can always use a vm (virtual machine) or just use bootcamp that's what I do... Or an easier way is to use a friend's pc.... I know it sucks
    11-22-11 06:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD