got a torch 9850 thur. screen had a band of white across the bottom the next day so today I went in to see about replacing it ( which they did no problem) while they were setting up the new phone I played around with a HTC and motorola droid ...I got to admit , the HTC was a very nice phone with a sharp screen (even had a slide out keyboard) .
    I have 30 days to decide if I'm keeping the berry torch ( coming from a 8330 curve I have had for 3 years ...been an awesome phone) just about swapped right then and there for that HTC....but I just couldn't bring myself to do it ...the bad part is , I think part of the reason is because I'm afraid I would feel like I just dis owned a family member or something , how stupid is that lol ?? my last berry has been the most dependable phone I have had so far , I'm hoping the torch proves to be at least 1/2 as good if I keep it.
    I can certainly see the droid movement , its something fairly new and cool, but so far the new RIM os seems to be well thought out as well. nothing worse than sitting on the fence
    11-21-11 07:14 PM
    My suggestion is to stay away from the Galaxy Nexus that is coming out soon .. Beautiful device.
    11-21-11 07:20 PM
    Androids are nice phones. I have an HTC which I really like. I like the set up, widgets, apps and all the customization I can apply. The browser is amazing with flash.

Still, after 10 months I'm going back to BlackBerry. I prefer BBOS, the smaller form factor and better battery life.

If I rooted my Thunderbolt and had a custom ROM I'd supposedly get better battery life. But I don't want to spend time doing that. I set up my screens and leave them alone. That's about all the tinkering I'm willing to do.

I'm glad I tried Android though, and I may again in the future! At least I know what it is like now.
    TgeekB likes this.
    11-21-11 07:21 PM
    Android has its problems too just like all other phones. You like what you like. NONE of them are perfect. But i love my bb7 factory unlocked 9900 and my playbook. Thats just me!!!!!! I hope you stay but its on you!!!
    11-21-11 07:22 PM
    got a torch 9850 thur. screen had a band of white across the bottom the next day so today I went in to see about replacing it ( which they did no problem) while they were setting up the new phone I played around with a HTC and motorola droid ...I got to admit , the HTC was a very nice phone with a sharp screen (even had a slide out keyboard) .
    I have 30 days to decide if I'm keeping the berry torch ( coming from a 8330 curve I have had for 3 years ...been an awesome phone) just about swapped right then and there for that HTC....but I just couldn't bring myself to do it ...the bad part is , I think part of the reason is because I'm afraid I would feel like I just dis owned a family member or something , how stupid is that lol ?? my last berry has been the most dependable phone I have had so far , I'm hoping the torch proves to be at least 1/2 as good if I keep it.
    I can certainly see the droid movement , its something fairly new and cool, but so far the new RIM os seems to be well thought out as well. nothing worse than sitting on the fence
    "I think part of the reason is because I'm afraid I would feel like I just dis owned a family member or something , how stupid is that lol ??"

Not stupid at all! I think most of us BB users feel the same way.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    mjordan5 likes this.
    11-22-11 12:03 AM
    My suggestion is to stay away from the Galaxy Nexus that is coming out soon .. Beautiful device.
    I want to play around with that phone. Looks amazing. They did a great job with it.

11-22-11 12:45 AM
    I'm liking the Galaxy Note.
    Just feel like keeping it as an add-on gadget.
    Now only if it had Blackberry Bridge. I wouldn't need a separate data connection. BB for voice, e-mails, BBM and browsing on the go, and the Galaxy Note for the videos, relaxed browsing etc.
    11-22-11 02:08 AM
    Droids have their place but I just hate their fragmented nature and the fact that they ship a new one every week when contracts run for so long.
    Imagine if the Curve you are replacing was a 3yr old Droid, it would be a G1.
    Noone remembers that one anymore.
    mjordan5 likes this.
    11-22-11 12:31 PM
    Last year i went to android. I didn't like it with 2.2 OS. So i went back to bb OS6 torch.

LAst month i went to android 3.2OS. It was fancier but I hated the OS navigation. Not what an windows/bbOS user is used to. I went back to BBOS7 and TabOS.

Nver switching again...

Unless Microsft buys RIM and then I'll have to try thier frankenstein creation.
    11-22-11 12:35 PM
    Whilst you are at it depending on the type of person you are have a look at this:
    Android's a malware magnet, says McAfee | Security - CNET News
    craiggger likes this.
    11-22-11 12:52 PM
    I got to try a friends android phone. I was very impressed till the battery took a **** after a couple of hours of us compairing phones. I had a 9900 at the time.

Great phone but no battery. I would like to try a M$ phone some day.

11-22-11 05:38 PM
    Whilst you are at it depending on the type of person you are have a look at this:
    Android's a malware magnet, says McAfee | Security - CNET News
    McAfee (the same corporation that sells antivirus software that they claim makes Android impenetrable) claims Android is dangerous.

Okay.

OP should be safe. The same people who claim there is a problem have the solution. For a price, of course.

BB users tend to be more nervous about Android malware than the growing number of Android users...
    Chrisy and OniBerry like this.
    11-22-11 06:01 PM
    My 9900 lasts less than my SGSII on battery life! DRIVES ME NUTS NOW! I've tried 5 different builds, all the same (worse! Lol)

I'm also eyeballing the Galaxy Note, GORGEOUS device. I went and played with it. Absolutely the greatest touch screen device I've ever seen. It's my SGSII on roids! LOL.

I'm debating now the Playbook. I got it for 3 days, loved and hated it. I paid 330 EUROS and if i get it, I'll order it to my friend in the US for 200 dollars (like 140 euros)... But really, I don't know if it will get many updates. The Nook looks better. I'm going to wait and see if I can get an iPad for gaming That's really all I want a tablet for: gaming and videos!

Anyways, Android is awesome. I ABSOLUTELY love it. I think the OS is superior to BBOS. But BBOS is more productive. I'm always torn between the two.

I don't see how changing phones is a bad thing. If you want an Android phone, get one, and then if you want a blackberry, then get that the next time! You know? Get whatever is convenient and makes you happy It's a phone, not a life choice, or a decision that will hinder your life! Enjoy your tech
    Tre Lawrence and elphie28 like this.
    11-22-11 06:11 PM
    Don't be scared, go and explore the droid phone, put your BB beside it, compare screen quality, everything...I've done this...I've compared my 9800 with every hot phone...BB is better, think about the service RIM provides that these other phones don't...think about the upcoming BBX phones that would, I hope, blow these hemorrhoid phones out of that universe you call your mind.
    11-22-11 07:02 PM
    so far so great with the new phone , think I'll stick with the berry
    11-22-11 07:07 PM
    This doesn't have anything to do with switching from BlackBerries... But...

Don't get an HTC. If you want an Android I'd recommend Samsung. Build quality is less than HTC, but overall they're just plain better.
    11-22-11 10:43 PM
    If you think Android is nice now.. wait till ice cream sandwich drops. Galaxy Nexus is a real peice of work.

11-23-11 01:11 AM
    McAfee (the same corporation that sells antivirus software that they claim makes Android impenetrable) claims Android is dangerous.

Okay.

OP should be safe. The same people who claim there is a problem have the solution. For a price, of course.

BB users tend to be more nervous about Android malware than the growing number of Android users...
    But that doesn't also suggest that they are lying. With the market growing as it is, it is definitely something to be concerned about, whether Anrdoid users care or not.
    11-23-11 08:21 AM
    I think you cannot go wrong with any of the platforms, WP7 included. You can do nearly everything on each that the others can do, period. It is preference and what services you have available to you.

I will note that my favorite Androids are the HTC phones, but choose wisely. Their 4G phones sucks and are huge. On Verizon their Incredible 2 is great. I loved mine and got great battery life out of it with a 4" screen and global support. The size and weight are just great.

I have been through BB, Android, and iOS in the last 5 months. I can use any of them. I like certain things about each. I don't see me moving from my 4S anytime soon, but I miss things about my BB and Droid.

Choose carefully and don't be afraid to go back and exchange!
    11-23-11 09:31 AM
    That's pretty cool to see someone resist. Anyway, everything and everyone has problems

11-23-11 09:39 AM
    This doesn't have anything to do with switching from BlackBerries... But...

Don't get an HTC. If you want an Android I'd recommend Samsung. Build quality is less than HTC, but overall they're just plain better.

LOL, I'm exactly the opposite, avoid Samsung and go Htc, sammys feels cheap to me, htc feels like a solid build..
    11-23-11 09:42 AM
    But that doesn't also suggest that they are lying. With the market growing as it is, it is definitely something to be concerned about, whether Anrdoid users care or not.
    I won't disagree.

Still, common sense makes up for a plethora of "threats." McAfee and Norton regularly come out with thses studies, which do not seem to reflect the experiences of Android users in the real world.
    11-23-11 10:25 AM
    I won't disagree.

Still, common sense makes up for a plethora of "threats."
    True statement. I liken it to buying insurance. Watch all the commercials and we are all going to be in a car accident, fire, or natural disaster tomorrow unless we buy their insurance. Trouble is, those things do happen even if we don't personally know someone that it's happened to. That is when you are glad you have it.

Lesson is to be intelligent about what you do on any smartphone and where. There is no better insurance.
    Tre Lawrence likes this.
    11-23-11 11:23 AM
    I've been a longterm and heavy droid user, I've used custom ROMs etc etc but its all a bit too much effort if you ask me which is why I'm going to be getting a Bold next week, I'm just so over the whole droid OS.
    11-23-11 05:18 PM
    Everyone is different and it is good to have so many choices. If BB works for ya, then it works for ya...

Me, I still love my BB 9700, but prefer my mytouch4G. Here soon in February I will have some decisions to be making. I will definitely be keeping an eye on BBX.

11-23-11 05:38 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD