All of my employees who used Blackberry have migrated to iPhone 4S or the SG2 except one. She woke up this morning to a VERY dead 9900. No warnings that it was going bad, not even a blinking light, zero. I spent the last hour trying to revive it and it will do nothing.

Took out one of our nearly new 9900 devices that was working perfectly, to replace hers and plugged it into the charger, it says the RIM charger is not compatible and will not charge the device! WTF!
    11-21-11 08:15 AM
    Damn sorry to hear about her bold :-(

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-21-11 08:21 AM
    i know rim says they are on to this ,but this really is
    causing some grief !! is there any idea when fix is coming ?
    11-21-11 08:23 AM
    as long as your Bold is not made in Mexico then you're fine
    Not true. i have a completely bricked (slow blinking red light of death) Hungary-made 9900 sitting on my desk right now.
    11-21-11 08:49 AM
    some posters in a different thread reported that they were able to revive their bb with the latest OS - .540....may be worth a try...

here is the thread: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...9900-a-670329/
    Last edited by sbx9900; 11-21-11 at 09:50 AM. Reason: inserted the link to thread being referred to.
    11-21-11 09:42 AM
    All of my employees who used Blackberry have migrated to iPhone 4S or the SG2 except one. She woke up this morning to a VERY dead 9900. No warnings that it was going bad, not even a blinking light, zero. I spent the last hour trying to revive it and it will do nothing.

Took out one of our nearly new 9900 devices that was working perfectly, to replace hers and plugged it into the charger, it says the RIM charger is not compatible and will not charge the device! WTF!
    Did they switch after upgrading to OS 7 devices or they were on older devices (OS 6 , OS 5 etc) ??
    11-21-11 09:44 AM
    I have a mexico made 9930 and have had no problem whatsoever... been using it for over a month and im a very heavy user, i recharge my phone 2-3 times a day...
    11-21-11 12:24 PM
    They probably were made in Mexico

The Hungary made ones have 0 issues
    Her 9900 was made in Hungary, the replacement that will not charge was also made in Hungary.

Did they switch after upgrading to OS 7 devices or they were on older devices (OS 6 , OS 5 etc) ??
    These were international warranted 9900 units. They come with OS7
    11-21-11 02:12 PM
    Bummer, my 9930 is a Mexico 5. Not a single issue for 3 months, I get great battery life even when heavily used. Seems like more issues with the 9900's. Sorry for your troubles.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    slyjackson likes this.
    11-21-11 02:55 PM
    mine was made in mexico too , no problems to report

wish I had some info to help with..
    11-21-11 05:21 PM
    Sorry. Hopefully a fix to come soon.
    11-21-11 05:25 PM
    the times they are a changin
    Chrisy likes this.
    11-21-11 05:41 PM
    Sounds like viva la Mexico!
    11-21-11 05:49 PM
    Has nothing to do with the Mexico devices, they are all prone to it -- to say otherwise is pretty lame.
    11-21-11 09:18 PM
    This really does seem to be an epidemic.
    11-21-11 09:22 PM
    Has nothing to do with the Mexico devices, they are all prone to it -- to say otherwise is pretty lame.
    So is it true what RIM is saying then? It would be great if this is just an OS issue instead of a hardware issue.

But I remember, once I was in an Air Canada tin can plane and a noise generated from one of the engines. The pilot said that they were having a "computer problem". My dad was 100% sure it was a mechanical failure. Well, guess what? As soon as we landed, bunch of Airport mechanics came running to the left engine of the plane! So much for minor "computer problems".

I have a feeling that RIM may be also doing the same thing as Air Canada, "computer problem".
    Last edited by mss-ca; 11-21-11 at 09:34 PM.
    11-21-11 09:26 PM
    Mine is Mexico 4 and an ATT 9900 going 12 days and still going on strong.
    11-21-11 09:26 PM
    So is it true what RIM is saying then? It would be great if this is just an OS issue instead of a hardware issue.

But I remember, once I was in an Air Canada tin can plane and a noise generated from one of the engines. The pilot said that they were having a "computer problem". My dad was 100% sure it was a mechanical failure. Well, guess what? As soon as we landed, bunch of Airport mechanics came running to the left engine of the plane! So much for minor "computer problems".

I have a feeling that RIM may be also doing the same thing as Air Canada, "computer problem".
    I hope it is software but I do not think it will help here device. I have done EVERYTHING I have found in these forums 10-20 times with no luck. New battery, no battery, etc. The device will do nothing except blink the charging light no matter what I do.

Maybe software will save YOUR Blackberry but it ain't saving this one!
    Last edited by greggebhardt; 11-22-11 at 05:43 AM.
    11-22-11 05:40 AM
    I've had three 9930's exchanged since I got mine from Sprint...
    ...In each case it was the keyboard ( would add letters I didn't type ).
    ...One did so right out of the box while the rep was setting it up.

While I loved the size of the keyboard, screen and familiar blackberry system I just couldn't take the "fisher price camera" - I issued the phone to another person who never takes pictures of text or close up's and moved to an iphone.

Kind of odd that I still have my last three blackberry's thrown in a drawer in my garage and subsequent to charging them up could see that all keyboards were working like they should - my guess is that RIM was desparate to make an attractive slim phone and given that this was new water for them to be in they simply didn't have the ability to do that while still keeping their quality where it normally has been.

There is always QNX!
    11-22-11 06:59 AM
    It sounds more like there's a bad batch somewhere.... I've not had any problems with my BB:

PRD-39473-003 MEXICO 4...

Did RIM do a recall on any of their batches?
    11-22-11 09:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD