Hi! i've got my BB torch 9800 just 1 month ago! then last night my battery got drained so this afternoon about 1pm i've charged it then until now its 7pm already still cant open it! so this is my question for How long will it be dead? how many hours, days? PLS HELP MEEEE!

And one thing my battery life sucks! cuz if i'll use it for twitter, Facebook and BBM with text messaging and some calls it will only last for 12 hrs? Is it normal? Thanks guyss! Help pls!
    11-21-11 04:59 AM
    No it's not normal.

Make sure the battery is properly seated and that your charging source is sufficient to charge the battery (i.e. don't use a computer unless you're sure it will juice it).

If it's brand new, then return the thing and get a new one. Even with moderate to heavy use, you should get 24 - 48 hours without a charge.

Try a different OS if you can - i.e. 668. Also, sometimes some of the apps you run take up a ton of battery. So, depending on how often they poll for data, it could be killing your battery.

But if it won't charge or turn on, then it sounds like another issue.
    11-21-11 11:02 AM
    No it's not normal.

Make sure the battery is properly seated and that your charging source is sufficient to charge the battery (i.e. don't use a computer unless you're sure it will juice it).

If it's brand new, then return the thing and get a new one. Even with moderate to heavy use, you should get 24 - 48 hours without a charge.

Try a different OS if you can - i.e. 668. Also, sometimes some of the apps you run take up a ton of battery. So, depending on how often they poll for data, it could be killing your battery.

But if it won't charge or turn on, then it sounds like another issue.

Thanks for this! but how bout my drained battery? until now my torch is dead and i'm very pissed and i swear that i'll never get my battery drain again
    11-21-11 07:24 PM
    Well, I used to experience a bad battery drain when I first got my 9800 too.
    But after a couple of weeks, the battery suddenly became fine (ie. able to last the whole day comfortably).
    But regarding your first problem, I think you should try to get your battery replaced, cos that is not normal..
    11-21-11 07:59 PM
    Well, I used to experience a bad battery drain when I first got my 9800 too.
    But after a couple of weeks, the battery suddenly became fine (ie. able to last the whole day comfortably).
    But regarding your first problem, I think you should try to get your battery replaced, cos that is not normal..

yeah maybe i should get a new battery! until now my BB is dead when im putting the charger no red signal already i dont know if its charging or what!
    11-21-11 10:59 PM
    I don't think it's your battery. Return it and get a replacement.
    11-23-11 09:44 AM
    If you let your battery drain too much, it can't be recharged without some outside help. Take your battery and your Torch back to where you bought it. They'll be able to tell if the battery has dropped below its minimum charge. If it's a problem with the phone, they'll be able to set you up with a replacement.
    11-26-11 11:57 PM
    Hi! i've got my BB torch 9800 just 1 month ago! then last night my battery got drained so this afternoon about 1pm i've charged it then until now its 7pm already still cant open it! so this is my question for How long will it be dead? how many hours, days? PLS HELP MEEEE!

And one thing my battery life sucks! cuz if i'll use it for twitter, Facebook and BBM with text messaging and some calls it will only last for 12 hrs? Is it normal? Thanks guyss! Help pls!
    For sure take it back to the store where you bought it and get a replacement. This is not normal especially if you had it on the charger for more than an hour and the phone still doesn't power on.

If you let your battery drain too much, it can't be recharged without some outside help. Take your battery and your Torch back to where you bought it. They'll be able to tell if the battery has dropped below its minimum charge. If it's a problem with the phone, they'll be able to set you up with a replacement.
    As for minimum charge, there is no such thing as it falling below a minmum charge. The lithium-ion batteries if they fall below a certain charge it starts to hurt its power capacity. You never need outside help ounless you've completely screwed up the phone. I've left some of my Blackberry's unused and with the battery in them for over a year and I just plug it into the charger and within 30 minutes I have it up and running without outside help.
    11-27-11 06:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD