Agh! I love my Bold 9900 to pieces but that charging sensors/connectors don't seem to be working. I have tried to charging pods and had the same issue. Here goes...

Firstly, making the phone realize it is on the pod/dock is hard to do! It has to be held in the perfect position and if I am lucky it will stay (after a lot of repositioning).

and the worst part! If I do manage to get it in the right position after 1-2 minutes it will stop charging! Instead of the flashing yellow electric bolt it will show the plug (the plug symbol seen when a BlackBerry is finished charging). I am almost certain that it does not charge at this point.

I reloaded my OS to ensure it wasn't a bug or anything. I have tried it with several different charging cords and 2 pods. Any ideas anybody? I can only assume at this point that it must be the phone itself.
    11-20-11 10:09 PM
    Sounds like something is wrong with the POD's

I drop mine in and it charges, I have even tried putting it in at a angle is and falls into place. And Charges.

Where did you get them from?
    11-20-11 10:12 PM
    But when I get the "plug" symbol to me that imply the phone thinks it is charged.

First one was bought from CB and another was purchased on ebay. I will go down to bestbuy and try out one of theirs. I would hate to send my phone away over a silly issue like this but the pod is my favorite accessory.
    11-20-11 10:21 PM
    My buddy had the exact same problem with his Bold. He couldn't get it to charge using either my charging pod or his, even though my 9900 worked fine on both. Turned out to be a hardware problem on the connectors. He replaced the phone at Bell, and the new one works fine.
    11-20-11 11:13 PM
    My buddy had the exact same problem with his Bold. He couldn't get it to charge using either my charging pod or his, even though my 9900 worked fine on both. Turned out to be a hardware problem on the connectors. He replaced the phone at Bell, and the new one works fine.
    cool, thats good to know.

I unlocked my rogers 9900 for the TELUS network so now I may have an issue getting them to cover it although it should have 12 months manufacturers warranty. We'll see what comes of this.
    11-21-11 12:12 AM
    Agh! I love my Bold 9900 to pieces but that charging sensors/connectors don't seem to be working. I have tried to charging pods and had the same issue. Here goes...

Firstly, making the phone realize it is on the pod/dock is hard to do! It has to be held in the perfect position and if I am lucky it will stay (after a lot of repositioning).

and the worst part! If I do manage to get it in the right position after 1-2 minutes it will stop charging! Instead of the flashing yellow electric bolt it will show the plug (the plug symbol seen when a BlackBerry is finished charging). I am almost certain that it does not charge at this point.

I reloaded my OS to ensure it wasn't a bug or anything. I have tried it with several different charging cords and 2 pods. Any ideas anybody? I can only assume at this point that it must be the phone itself.
    For me it wasn't a hardware problem.
    See this thread: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-503-a-671554/

I charged and tested with 3 charging cables, Brodit Holder, new battery and a complete new 9900 and the problem was still there!
    I solved the problem due one of the things I did.
    I will try to figure out what causes the problem exactly.
    11-21-11 12:43 AM
    i am also facing the same problem in my blackberry mobile phone however if you want more info then must visit mobile-phone website
    11-21-11 04:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD