in an effort to try and pump some life into the T-Mobile section is anyone willing to share their thoughts on the 9900 or 9810 if you recently upgraded to them from any other phone?
    11-20-11 05:01 PM
    Actually I just upgraded to the 9810. You can find my review of it here...http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...review-670407/
    watbetch likes this.
    11-21-11 07:07 AM
    Still holding on to my 9700, due mainly to the exorbitant cost of 9900 on TMO (I pay full retail b/c on Value Plan); might hold out a little longer to see if/when TMO gets 9790 and price drop on 9900.
    Guatiao and watbetch like this.
    11-21-11 07:54 PM
    Upgraded from 9800 to 9810 on day 2. It's fast, especially trading up from EDGE to 4G! The Liquid Graphics and 1GHz CPU are impressive. However, LG is incompatible with the existing Plazmic Theme Builder software so there are NO themes available for OS7 until mid-2012. That's my only complaint. OS7 suffers from "Playbook Syndrome" meaning some of my fav apps and all my fav themes are AWOL at the moment. Luckily I have the 9800 app CODs which work okay apart from some screen size issues.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    watbetch likes this.
    11-22-11 12:53 PM
    I didn't want to wait and upgraded from 9700 to 9810 via Wirefly. Not too bad @ $149.99 plus an upgrade fees of $18.

watbetch likes this.
    11-22-11 01:21 PM
    I upgraded to the 9900 from the 9700 on the day of release...three months ago and I love it. I mentioned this in other threads as well but people get too caught up in the breakdown of cost between the phone and the plan. TMO is about $400 to $500 cheaper then ATT or Verizon over two years when you factor in the cost of the phone and the plan. They are charging the same for the phone as TMO and then some when you factor in how much more expensive their plans are.
    watbetch likes this.
    11-22-11 01:27 PM
    I dropped my 8820 for the last time saturday and went and got my new 9900 on sunday. So i have only had it for 2 days but so far it is well worth the price. I paid $334, but there is a $50 mail in rebate so final cost for me is $284. It is alot faster and the touch screen is very responsive. I will post more after i have had more experience with it.
    11-22-11 07:41 PM
    Even though I paid more for the phone I have been very happy with T-Mobile .The coverage in my area has been really good and the phone has been rock solid. The only thing I am waiting on is the update allowing Wi-Fi calling.
    11-22-11 11:07 PM
    I had a Storm 1, unlocked, on t-mobile's network. Then after that broke, I bought a Storm 2, also unlocked, about a year ago. And, after I dropped it on the bleachers and broke the screen, I decided to get a 9900. I have been very happy with the phone so far, minus the auto-focus.
    11-22-11 11:44 PM
    My dumbarse did... I like it, the size and keyboard, coming from a 9700 the memory is so much better. Dislike the battery and camera, I do wish I could of held off... I was just to excited. Spent 299.00, used one of my upgrades on another line. Family plan
    watbetch likes this.
    11-22-11 11:52 PM
    i upgraded to 9900 on week one and got it for $169.00. i went to wal-mart, didnt have to change plans and still with tmo. i absolutely love this phone, the battery was a major drawback, but since i updated to 7.0.0.503, the battery life is almost what it was with my 9700
    watbetch likes this.
    11-23-11 12:15 AM
    Although it is not Tmobile US, but it's mother Tmobile Germany I think it's still the right topic.
    Upgraded to the 9900 in September from a 9780 and paid 69€ with a new two year contract. I have been very happy so far with the 9900, Tmobile is as good as ever, best provider in Germany!
    watbetch likes this.
    11-23-11 12:37 AM
    Its time for me and my wife to upgrade..she was deciding on the torch or new curve..I wanted the bold. Tmobile wouldn't price match(of course), checked wirefly and they have it bold 249 and torch 149 and curve 29 bucks...I may hit that up soon probably xmas while in hawaii..lol

watbetch likes this.
    11-23-11 03:09 AM
    I was tempted to get the 9900. The size seems pretty much ideal to me. But I'm only eligible for partial upgrade, so it wouldn't be cheap. In conjunction with the price, the missing auto-focus is enough to make me wait for something better to come along.
    watbetch likes this.
    11-23-11 05:12 AM
    i upgraded to 9900 on week one and got it for $169.00. i went to wal-mart, didnt have to change plans and still with tmo. i absolutely love this phone, the battery was a major drawback, but since i updated to 7.0.0.503, the battery life is almost what it was with my 9700

Same price I got it from from same place. Was a no brainer and I love my 9900
    11-23-11 05:29 AM
    I really want the Bold 9900 just to have something different from my Android phones but the price is killing me too. I'll get over it and buy one when my impulses strike. At least you all seem to be happy with the upgrade.
    11-23-11 05:38 AM
    i paid full price which is �$600 sumthin because im not eligile for upgrade but i sold my 9780 for $270 so i end up paying for the phone for almost $400 n i dont regret it at all since my playbook need a good companion
    trust me.. once u hold the phone u dnt wanna let go lol
    11-23-11 05:42 AM
    I went to tmo and they said 250 a 9810. Went to amazon, ordered 2 phones for $.02. RIM is still doin their trade up program, so I will be trading in 2 9700's to pay my cancellation fee from Tmo as I switched back to Big blue. Bill will actually be cheaper.

11-23-11 06:21 AM
    Just want to say hi to everyone here. First post for me. Paid full price at T-Mobile to get the 9900 for my wife and myself. I was really getting tired of seeing everyone bashing Blackberry. So far we love the phones, glad to be rid of Android and it's buggy operating system. I hope these phones work as good as they look. If they do then we'll be Blackberry fans forever.
    Guatiao likes this.
    11-23-11 06:33 AM
    I had the BB 9700 and decided to upgrade to an Android (I know....), the HTC Sensation back in June. After 4 months using (or not using due to the battery) I realized I couldn't stand the phone. It was way too big in my hand but thought I was stuck with it for 2 years. Then TMo announced the 9810. I missed the BB experience and decided to pay full price for it. No regrets whatsover! I sold my HTC on ebay for a very good penney too .

There are pro's and con's to both droids and BB's. For what I use a phone for, the BB suited my needs. I'm not into major streaming or games (unless you count solitaire), so the HTC really made no sense. The only thing I miss from the droid is the amazing navigation it had (HTC Sense did rock).

But, overall, I love my new BB 9810. I love how it feels in my hand and as for themes, I never even used them on my 9700 so that's not something I miss. I do miss having Weatherbug though. I have beWeather, but I grew accustomed to Weatherbug and hope we can get it on OS7 soon. Also, hoping for some good navigation. Other than all that....I love my BB 9810!
    Guatiao likes this.
    11-23-11 06:34 AM
    I had the BB 9700 and decided to upgrade to an Android (I know....), the HTC Sensation back in June. After 4 months using (or not using due to the battery) I realized I couldn't stand the phone. It was way too big in my hand but thought I was stuck with it for 2 years. Then TMo announced the 9810. I missed the BB experience and decided to pay full price for it. No regrets whatsover! I sold my HTC on ebay for a very good penney too .

There are pro's and con's to both droids and BB's. For what I use a phone for, the BB suited my needs. I'm not into major streaming or games (unless you count solitaire), so the HTC really made no sense. The only thing I miss from the droid is the amazing navigation it had (HTC Sense did rock).

But, overall, I love my new BB 9810. I love how it feels in my hand and as for themes, I never even used them on my 9700 so that's not something I miss. I do miss having Weatherbug though. I have beWeather, but I grew accustomed to Weatherbug and hope we can get it on OS7 soon. Also, hoping for some good navigation. Other than all that....I love my BB 9810!
    If you haven't tried it yet, blackberry traffic is fantastic and free.

11-23-11 06:42 AM
    I am still holding on to my Bold 9700. The price of the 9900 is far to high and it lacks UMA capability. I got burned on the Blackberry Playbook price and have to think RIM will drop the price on the 9900 shortly. If the QNX phones are coming out in a year, I might as well just hold on to my 9700.
    11-23-11 07:09 AM
    I upgraded my 8520 to an 9900 two days after release. I got the last one at the store I went to. Its definiteley a big improvement, especially the 4G speeds. The only thing I absolutely hate is not having UMA. Where I live I get terrible coverage but I have awesome wifi.
    11-23-11 07:45 AM
    I did end up getting the phone, but it was not an easy pill to swallow. I asked the T-Mobile person how many 9900's they've sold at their store and he said under 100. The main reason a lot of people have decided to wait or go with something else is the price tag, I know T-Mobile has always priced their phones higer than other carriers, but $100-$150 more is over the top.
    Guatiao likes this.
    11-23-11 08:35 AM
    If you haven't tried it yet, blackberry traffic is fantastic and free.

I have BBT3 from beta zone and I'm sorry to say it does not hold a candle to google maps for droids. BBT3 has good voice direction, but there are no maps integrated with it. I even submitted my review to Blackberry Beta regarding BBT3. For now I'm using my car's internal GPS and BBT3 as a backup for long trips.

I was talking about the overall quality of droids navigation. They have so much more integrated into it whereas BB has to have all these apps to even come somewhat close (local restaurants, gas, coffee...etc).

Now I'm just responding to your post and further explaining my point, but the navigation wasn't a strong enough reason to stay with the android. There was so much more about BB that I love and that's the reason I came back. The con's of the BB were better than the pro's of the droid in my case....lol.
    Last edited by nccjones; 11-23-11 at 11:23 AM.
    11-23-11 11:13 AM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD