Hi I'm having problems with BIS on my 9700. BIS will disappear intermittently although the upper case 3G still appears and I have full signal strength. If I use Wi-Fi BIS usually reappears but not always. This is fine if I'm in a Wi-Fi area but is really annoying when you're halfway through doing something and the internet fails,(like Friday morning trying to purchase Coldplay tickets !) Anyway I digress, what can I do to see if the problem is with the carrier (Vodafone UK , checked their website and found nothing) BIS itself or my handset. Any advice appreciated
    11-20-11 04:20 AM
    I'm with Voda UK and have had no problem with BIS. Have you tried a battery pull?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-20-11 07:44 AM
    I'm with Voda UK and have had no problem with BIS. Have you tried a battery pull?

I've had this problem for about 2 weeks and do a battery pull at least every other day. The odd thing is if I'm connected via wi-fi things are usually OK
    11-20-11 03:51 PM
    I've had this problem for about 2 weeks and do a battery pull at least every other day. The odd thing is if I'm connected via wi-fi things are usually OK
    Can't see it being a problem with your phone. Maybe something to do with your local tower. Is it still problematic if you move to another area?

What do Voda say about it? Silly question I suppose.

Alan.
    11-20-11 05:19 PM
    Can't see it being a problem with your phone. Maybe something to do with your local tower. Is it still problematic if you move to another area?

What do Voda say about it? Silly question I suppose.

Alan.
    I travel around for my job and the problem seems to follow me around Because the signal is weak where I live I've a Vodafone Sure Signal box so the problem shouldn't be with the local tower. I cba to ring Vodafone, I've spoken to them before about other things and to be honest CS isn't their forte
    11-20-11 05:28 PM
    I travel around for my job and the problem seems to follow me around Because the signal is weak where I live I've a Vodafone Sure Signal box so the problem shouldn't be with the local tower. I cba to ring Vodafone, I've spoken to them before about other things and to be honest CS isn't their forte
    Maybe trying to get to technical support would be a good thing, if they have any. Or take it up with head office if you're not satisfied. I had to with telus.

11-21-11 09:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD