I picked up a PB on Friday and have been loading it up with apps but I am finding issues with pretty much all the file management apps (either things I don't like or buggy). I have been trying to use BlueBox as I primarily sync Excel files with Dropbox but whenever I upload an xlsx file from BlueBox, then next time I open the file on my PC it says it's corrupt and I have to repair it. I've copied the edited file directly over USB and also uploaded from dropbox website and don't have problems either way but that is kind of inconvenient.

I've tried Files & Folders but can't seem to figure out how to upload to Dropbox from it (tried the demo).

Any other good apps that sync up and down with DropBox?

Thanks,
    D
    11-19-11 08:52 PM
    I've tried Files & Folders but can't seem to figure out how to upload to Dropbox from it (tried the demo).
    Hi D! To upload to Dropbox from Files & Folders:

• Select the file you want to upload. To select a folder, press and hold it.
    • Tap the Copy button
    • Navigate to the folder where you want to upload to:
      • Swipe down from the bezel to access the menu
      • Tap the Dropbox button
      • Enter your Dropbox name & password, if you have not done so already
    • Tap Paste

If you want to upload multiple files or folders, tap the multi-select button first, then tap the checkboxes. To download, just copy from Dropbox and paste to Playbook.

Did you know there is a complete user manual built in to Files & Folders? Just swipe down and tap Help.

On a side note, there seems to be an issue with the Dropbox and some 3rd party apps which can cause problems with file extensions longer than 3 characters (e.g. .xlsx or .epub). If you temporarily rename the file extension, it will upload just fine. I don't know if this could be the problem with Bluebox too.
    11-20-11 04:55 AM
    Thanks that helped a bunch.

One thing that is a bit annoying is copying files back from the download folder to my Dropbox folder it always just names the file "Copy of...". Ever consider offering a dialog to overwrite or rename kind of like when you copy a file the other direction (from Dropbox to downloads when the file already exists). THis saves a lot of time deleting/renaming manually.

Thanks again,
    D
    11-20-11 11:32 AM
    Oh yeah, the file corruption thing doesn't look like a Dropbox issue as I didn't run into the same issue with Files & Folders. It only ever happens with Bluebox.
    11-20-11 11:33 AM
    Good idea, D, we'll look into it!
    11-21-11 04:49 AM
    Hiii! if you are getting this frequent error message for file corruption then try this xlsx recovery utility. i am suggesting you this, because it works for any kind of errors in xlsx file as i am using it from long time and you worth using it.
    07-26-12 04:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD